Official Community Forums Home

Bleeding During Sex... And After. Pretty Worried

iso8

• Members

Ok I was dubious to write this because I know after just having to find myself the morning after pill in a condom tear incident I may just look like Im trying to get attention, but sadly this did actually happen! last night my boyfriend and i decided to stir it up a bit and have sex in the car, it wasnt that fun actually so we came incide and sat down to watch family guy with a cup of tea each! Half way through I leant over and noticed blood on his jeans, worried i rushed to the bathroom and put a tampon in, i was bleeding, not a lot but a noticable amount, there was also blood in my underware, i figured the angle in the car may have been wrong and caused it I changed my underware told him (he started worrying!) and went to bed, This morning though I have blood in my underware again and now im a touch worried, The angle was weird in the car and at a couple of points was uncomfortable so i wonder if it could have been that. But now Im worried, I checked the internet it just says check for stds, neither of us have any we're checked out + we've only slept with each other.

Any ideas or help? Im a bit dismayed at the moment going from last weekends condom split to this.

Thanks

Iso

• Members

Hi is08, You know to me it sounds like maybe a little tear or something, since you said it was only a little bit and it isn't your period. Although

Sometimes different positions can cause a little tear, exspecially if there is not enough lubrication. You did state that at one point it was uncomfortable, that is when it could have happened. I know that with my husband when we get a little wild and crazy, I will notice a little blood, I know it is not my period since I can't have one anymore :)

This is my opinion since you said that you already were both checked out for STDs, positions along with how hard you are going at it can cause a slight tear, exspcially if there is not enough lubrication. Anyway if it does not going away I would call my DR if it doesn't go away in a couple days. If it is from a little tear then it should stop, unless you were having to much fun and caused your period. :huh: I know that when I use to have my periods sometimes rough sex would cause it to come a little sooner.

Well Good Luck I hope this helped some!! Keep us posted

• Members

Did you say that you actually found a place to get (and took) the morning after pill? That can cause bleeding. I would think that It's like taking a large amount of birthcontrol - it can cause spot bleeding and cramping. What the "morning after pill" does is bascially prevent your ovaries from releasing an egg, and it affects the uterus lining, so that a fertilized egg can't (or shouldn't be able to) attach itself there. Thats a lot of chemicals messing with the normal ebb and flow of your body - so I'd imagine that there would be some discomfort. Your period can (and I think should) come earlier (maybe to flush everything out?) Maybe that's the cause. You should make a doctors appointment to make sure you didn't have any complications - especially if the bleeding isn't your normal period-type-bleeding, or if you have lower tummy pain. I think the chances of actually having a negative response to the pill are pretty slim, but you DO NOT want to take any chances. If it were me, I'd get to a doctor pretty quickly.

Also, keep in mind that this pill does not protect you for the rest of your cycle - so even if you have just taken the pill make sure you use protection!!

Good luck.

Meg

• Members

i took the pill last week though, could it still be affecting me now? ( we are using protection :)) I just thought it might have been the angle we had sex (not particularly unusual or acrobatic just a bit uncomfortable) I thought the side affects of the pill only lasted 3 days..... (morning / general sickness)

• Members

You have to remember, that pill that you took, as Meg has stated, has really messed with your system. No matter what you think about the morning after pill, it isn't an "easy" solution as far as your body is concerned. It still forces your body to do something unnatural.

If you are worried about the bleeding ~ definitely follow up with a doctor. I think we here can give great advice, but there are some times when are expertise is limited - this may be one of those times!

Good luck!

mikayla

• Members

Although it is true that yes the side effects of that pill should only last a few days, but remember that is on the average, every womens body is different. If the bleeding hasn't stopped I would call my DR to be safe, it also is possible that it jumped started your period to.

The best thing to do is to call the DR if it hasn't stopped. Good luck and keep us Updated!

• Members

Sounds to me like the MAP has finally kicked into gear.

It probably isn't a major issue, but your hormones are gonna be a bit crazy for a while until things can re- regulate.

Like Kat suggested as well, it may have kick started your cycle.

Give it a few days, see if it stops, if it hasn't stopped in a week and a half, see your doctor.

You'll be ok, trust me, a week and a half sounds like a long time, but if I can survive a 2 month long cycle, you can handle a week and a half.

• Members

Thanks guys, I called the national health service help line, she said she would check with a gp and call back the next day I used a few light tampons and today no bleeding at all, a little discomfort but as far as i can tell nothing else is wrong so i think im ok, but will keep watch on it! whatever it was im just thankful im not bleeding anymore and really hope thats my bad luck over with, or i'll be worrying me SO every week, i think he worries more than me! thanks for being there for me once again xx