Official Community Forums Home

One Night Stands...

Rob

Have you ever had one? Would you under certain circumstances? Should women be judged differently then men regarding this? Please share your thoughts and experiences on this.

If you have had one, what do you say the next morning? Do you keep in touch? I am looking forward to all your comments.

Guest B.J. , 27, Michigan

Here is what I think about one night stands... I am sure they are great for some and disaster for others. While thinking on this subject I come back to a time when I was in AIT after Basic Training in the Army when I found myself talking to a servicemember in a bar. Following the drinks we made it back to my room and started on the path of hot sex. When I felt another pair of hands on my body. It seems that that one night stand turned into a three-some. Two guys and me was thrilling. So I say seize the moment and take your pleasures where you can get them.

Guest D, 34, Nebraska

Every situation is different. Sometimes one night is a great memory, sometimes it's a mistake. I had a few one night stands years ago, but made the decision not to do it again. I've recently come to the conclusion that a good one-night stand beats putting the time in to a "could-be relationship" only to be disappointed.

Guest Carly, 20 TX

I have never had a one night stand, if you would have asked me two years ago if I would ever consider having one I would have given you a disgusted look and a definit no. Now that I am older it is something that I would consider and I am not so shocked when my friends talk about doing it. I don't think that a woman should be judged differently because she isn't the only one having a fling...the man is doing the same exact thing...screwing a stranger, it is a sad thing that us women have to put up with being called bimbos, sluts, and skanks when we are just acting like one of the guys. After all for men isn't it the more girls you get the more glory your friends give ya?

Guest Dana S. 34 Dallas, TX

Never say Never --- The one night I decided to JUST DO IT!!! He was great looking, great smile, great body & he was from another state I from TX he was from California and in town for only one night!!!! I thought perfect...... Well 4 months later we were married. That was four yrs ago and we are still on our honeymoon.

I have to say go for it!!!!!

Guest David, 38 & Wash DC

I like then at the time but usually it is something messy where one or both are cheating on somebody. I love the thrill and of course the sex, but usually there seems to be some sort of wreckage left behind. It's not worth it to me. If it's sex, have a fuck buddy otherwise have a relationship.

Guest Marie, 49, Southwest, Missouri

I have had one and...I really thought I'd hate myself the next day, but that wasn't the case. I think they are alright in certain situations. Sometimes you only have one thing in common and that is what the one night stand is for. Or....you from two different places/states and you know it's just this one time, so.....go for the fun and be safe. Women should not be judged differently. Why would this be any different for women than men? Safety is the biggest issue and...as long as both parties agree on that, then go for it!

Guest J. L., 33, Hattiesburg/MS

Sure, I have to admit, I have had one night stands. They have a bit of excitment to them, the newness, the thrill of the unknown and the thought of discovering something for the first time. They can be very disappointing if you expect something wild and it turns out to be plain old-same-o. Should women be judged differently then men? NO. A man is only viewed differently because of Victorian rules. I think women have sexual desires just as men do. I believe women have different types of desires, but if a woman wants to try a one night stand, she has to face the same issues about it as a man does. If your moral views and lifestyle say it's a bad thing, it doesn't matter if your a man or a woman, the one night stand is the same for who ever is envolved.

Today, we have to face the fact that the unkown is exciting, but the problems of AIDS and STDs are real, if you don't known what your getting into, You can be very excited about the experience, but very sad about the side-effects. Be smart, and safe.

Guest JB, 50, Lexington/KY

They can be a great idea, even in a mariage. I have a wife that is an alcolholic, and belive I have kept my sanity and been able to continue to support her only through the release of a one night stand with a good freind from the past that had certain needs too. It was great because we are freinds, but were able to use each other and help each other. Given the correct opertunity I would definatly make it a two night stand, or intermitent connection. We were able to fuck and orgasim more in one night than I have been able to do in two or three years with my ill wife.

Guest Annie , 41, Ohio

they are great, i hate all the dining and waste of time just to get

what we both are there for in the first place, thats why glory holes are such a great way to satisfy my needs. So many cocks so little time.

Guest A girl in Texas

Here is what I think about one night stands...Be Careful, And have a memory or two that will last a lifetime. Sometimes its just what you need to put everything into perspective. And the excitement and Sex isn't too bad either!...Just be careful not to have to hear about it for the rest of your life! No, women should not be judged differently. Men do it all the time. Why can't the girls have a little fun too.

Women should NOT be judged differently from men. A one night stand is just that, one night. No strings or major emotions, just good sex. (Hopefully) If it's just that, then there's no need to keep in contact. If it leads to something else, then that's fine, too. Only keep in touch if you want to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Have you ever had one? Would you under certain circumstances? Should women be judged differently then men regarding this? Please share your thoughts and experiences on this.

If you have had one, what do you say the next morning? Do you keep in touch? I am looking forward to all your comments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 4 weeks later...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

About one night stands. I have found them to enhance to my marrage, though I'm sure my hubby would toss me out, if he ever knew that I've had other men. All he knows is that about 5 years ago, our sex got a lot better. He now complements me on how much better a partner in bed I am for him. We are expressive, creative and adventureous now.

Over the past five years I have had over 100 different men, and have managed to be totally descrete about it. We are both proffessionals, and when ever one or the other of us goes on a busniess trip, I find a man to keep my evenings interesting. I know from some of his friends wives, that occassionaly on a trip, he treats himself to a girl, and thats ok. I dont feel threatened by them at all, I feel that just strengthens our relationship and he comes home to better sex than she gives him. I know he appreciates what I can do for him in bed, and that I am always available, and completely willing.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had quite a few one night stands and they are exciting and sometimes it's just what you need..as long as you play it safe and you don't get put too many emotions in...if you do feel stronger about that person and then you never see them again, it can be a heartache....women should not be viewed as sluts because sex is something both women and men need....women can get caught up in the moment just as much as men

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
I like then at the time but usually it is something messy where one or both are cheating on somebody. I love the thrill and of course the sex, but usually there seems to be some sort of wreckage left behind. It's not worth it to me. If it's sex, have a fuck buddy otherwise have a relationship.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love the way you think!!! I had a one night stand BEST SEX I have ever had. Well I started seeing this person around & everytime we would just smile at each other, It was was like we both knew how great it was.. Well I saw this person last summer we started talking, & before I knew it we were sex buddies. I love it!!! WE give & WE get what WE are missing else where, I hate to say this but when were done.. It's like see ya, call me.. The sex is more incredible Still! & Getting better. People should Not confuse love & Sex..

• 4 weeks later...
I have had one and...I really thought I'd hate myself the next day, but that wasn't the case. I think they are alright in certain situations. Sometimes you only have one thing in common and that is what the one night stand is for. Or....you from two different places/states and you know it's just this one time, so.....go for the fun and be safe. Women should not be judged differently. Why would this be any different for women than men? Safety is the biggest issue and...as long as both parties agree on that, then go for it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

B)B)

Sure, I have to admit, I have had one night stands. They have a bit of excitment to them, the newness, the thrill of the unknown and the thought of discovering something for the first time. They can be very disappointing if you expect something wild and it turns out to be plain old-same-o. Should women be judged differently then men? NO. A man is only viewed differently because of Victorian rules. I think women have sexual desires just as men do. I believe women have different types of desires, but if a woman wants to try a one night stand, she has to face the same issues about it as a man does. If your moral views and lifestyle say it's a bad thing, it doesn't matter if your a man or a woman, the one night stand is the same for who ever is envolved.

Today, we have to face the fact that the unkown is exciting, but the problems of AIDS and STDs are real, if you don't known what your getting into, You can be very excited about the experience, but very sad about the side-effects. Be smart, and safe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It all depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a night of satisfaction then that’s what you will get - if all goes well and she/he is not crazy. If you are looking to avoid the mess of “after all is said and done” then you should come right out and tell the other person(s) what you are looking for. This way everyone is one the same page. Although, I know how fun it can be to skip to the end (no pun intended) What ever your choice is you have to ask yourself what you are willing to deal with after you have had your fun.

• Members
I have never had a one night stand, if you would have asked me two years ago if I would ever consider having one I would have given you a disgusted look and a definit no. Now that I am older it is something that I would consider and I am not so shocked when my friends talk about doing it. I don't think that a woman should be judged differently because she isn't the only one having a fling...the man is doing the same exact thing...screwing a stranger, it is a sad thing that us women have to put up with being called bimbos, sluts, and skanks when we are just acting like one of the guys. After all for men isn't it the more girls you get the more glory your friends give ya?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

so would u be intersted in participating in a one night stand with a woman and a man?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

One night stands....it's synonymous with early twenties. I have this urge to educate you all with my wisdom that comes with age--but it really would be hypocritical.

I had them myself and I really could have done without them. Nothing bad came of them--nothing came of them at all. One night, had fun, see ya. At the time I wasn't ready for commitment, rather I wanted a quick fix.

You just need to be careful, emotionally and physically.

Jen

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I am with Jen. I had them and could have done without. Now it is a thing of the past with me. No more since the era of so many doing it and here fuck, there fuckk, evrywhere fuck fuck and they wonder where the STD's are coming from. I don't want any passed on to me. Another way STD's get started is careless anal sex without "good" protection and good cleaning up and disposal after a session.

• 3 months later...

I have never had one, but my husband has cheated on me three or four times with someone he picked up at a bar and had a one night stand with. This in the wrong type of relationship can cause much damage to the other person, when as these things seem to came to light about his one nighters. Ive had 2 stds because of 2 sluts and a husband who cant hold his beer and can charm the ladies without even trying. He had to tell me about those 2, but the others where so obveous, he says Im going to the store, will be right back. Hes gone till 1pm the next day with a excuse that he went for a drive. I asked him where a drive that long went and he dident have a answer. Really funny tho, he got home after check out time at a hotel or motel would be. Also had one slut call and wish him a merry christmas. She told me to let him know so and so called and left him a message. Boy did I ever give it to him.His last one was in 1999 at christmas time. He had to tell me about that one because he gave me a std he got the 22nd of nov. I dont really trust him, I sometimes just wish I would back up and leave but I am unable to do so. SOOOOOOO .One night stands arnt always fun for the other person or people that might not know a thing about it until much later. This kind of thing in a long term relationship (35 years) can cause much damage. I wonder if the sluts that let a married man pick them up think about the pain and damage that a one night stand with a married man can do. And come on girls there are easy ways to tell if a guy is married or not. What I really think is they dont care onebitt if the guys married and has 3 small kids and a wife that does every thing sexualy that he wants but one thing, be another women for one night. I think men who are married and have one nighters ar scum, and the women who have it with them not caring or looking only out for what ever she can get are whores, cunts,sluts,and bitches of the most damaging kind. I Wish one time I could catch this happening( Im sure it will happen again) and rain down all hell one the both of them. Him for picking up a slut and rearange her face so she looks alittle different then when he picked her up. Thanks for letting me vent my anger and hurt and mistrust of a person who promised never to hurt me. If things wher different Id have been gone after number 2. Alot of people count on me here and I I havent figured out a way to just throw responsibility to the wind and leave. Also Id have to rob a bank because Im on ssi and dont have the funds to live on my own. thanks again for letting me vent.

• 2 months later...
  • Members
I have never had one, but my husband has cheated on me three or four times with someone he picked up at a bar and had a one night stand with. This  in the wrong type of relationship can cause much damage to the other person, when as these things seem to came to light about his one nighters. Ive had 2 stds because of 2 sluts and a husband who cant hold his beer and can charm the ladies without even trying. He had to tell me  about those 2, but the others where so obveous, he says Im going to the store, will be right back. Hes gone till 1pm the next day with a excuse that he went for a drive. I asked him where a drive that long went and he dident have a answer. Really funny tho, he got home after check out time at a hotel or motel would be. Also had one slut call and wish him a merry christmas. She told me to let him know so and so called and left him a message. Boy did I ever give it to him.His last one was in 1999 at christmas time. He had to tell me about that one because he gave me a std he got the 22nd of nov. I dont really trust him, I sometimes just wish I would back up and leave but I am unable to do so. SOOOOOOO .One night stands arnt always fun for the other person or people that might not know a thing about it until much later. This kind of thing in a long term relationship (35 years) can cause much damage. I wonder if the sluts that let a married man pick them up think about the pain and damage that a one night stand with a married man can do. And come on girls there are easy ways to tell if a guy is married or not. What I really think is they dont care onebitt if the guys married and has 3 small kids and a wife that does every thing sexualy that he wants but one thing, be another women for one night. I think men who are married and have one nighters ar scum, and the women who have it with them not caring or looking only out for what ever she can get are whores, cunts,sluts,and bitches of the most damaging kind. I Wish one time I could catch this happening( Im sure it will happen again) and rain down all hell one the both of them. Him for picking up a slut and rearange her face so she looks alittle different then when he picked her up. Thanks for letting me vent my anger and hurt and mistrust of a person who promised never to hurt me. If things wher different Id have been gone after number 2. Alot of people count on me here and I I havent figured out  a way to just throw responsibility to the wind and leave. Also Id have to rob a bank because Im on ssi and dont have the funds to live on my own. thanks again for letting me vent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, thank you for that . . . next caller.