Official Community Forums Home

Long Hours (not Long Term) Usage Of Sex Toys

joannelyl

• Members

Now please don't misunderstand the topic - I'm not asking is it harmful to use sex toys in the long term - I enjoy playing with sex toys and have enjoyed them for more than 10 years - so I'm not worried about this issue.

What I'm trying to discuss is the continuous use of sex toys for a few hours. Please let me elaborate:

My bf and I both enjoy short trips on weekends and holidays. Most of the time we drive to our destinations, which require anything from 3-8 hours or more. Sometime ago my bf suggested that I keep a vibrator inside me for the whole trip (from leaving the house till we check in). Personally, I'm excited about the idea, but I'm worried about keeping a vibrator churning and twisting inside me for hours. (lets assume the battery life is not an issue here lol)

Now, I've enjoyed playing with my toys for whole nights, but the toys are exchanged or remove so there are 'breathing space' in between. I've also enjoyed some light bondage and have had vibrators kept inside me for up to 1 hour plus while being tied up... but I'm sure you can understand the bed or the chair is VERY still compared to a car which is speeding down a sometimes bumpy road.

So... to sum it all up, (sorry I tend to type (and talk) too much) is it safe to let a vibrator continuously operate inside a vagina for 5-8 hours? or even more? (regardless of whether it's moving or stationary location) Any advice? Any idea what are the side effects? Anyone ever tried it? Also, anyone tried tying up someone and kept the vibe inside her for the whole night? Please relate your experiences here, because I'm (so is my bf) really hopping to give the vibes a long test drive down the highway. (quoting my bf)

Thanks in advance. :)

PS... um, since we're on this issue... what about keeping the toy in the anus for 5 hours or more... anyone... tried it before?

• Members

I have not ried it before..but it sounds like a fun way to pas the time on a long trip! I do not see any harm in it, but I am sure there will be others who have some better advice and know more about it.

you must have a high threshhold for pleasure.

I personally couldnt last that long.

however there may be some numbness after a while depending on the strength of the toy.

constant strong vibrations actually reduce blood flow, hence the doctors requests that you limit your use on the back using vibration to 10 -15 mins. it also can tighten muscles after awhile as they will begin to fight the vibrations. without vibrations you could , in theory, keep it in as long as you like.

I would suggest trying it in ever increasing lengths untill you reach your comfort level, cum madly,or just get tired of it.

• Members

I like the idea of trying it in increasing lengths.

A couple other suggestions:

Ben-wa balls. I like the Real Skin Softy Balls--http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=5044

I've kept them in for several hours, and I've never orgasmed with them, but they definitely stimulate, and when riding around, especially on our bumpy roads, they do the job well.

Also, rather than a regular vibrator, which may get uncomfortable after a while, why not a bullet (cordless or remote) and let your boyfriend handle the controller. That way if you should need a breather, you'd be able to turn it off.

Have fun!

• Members

Yeah, I think a bullet or egg would be your best bet. Something you can turn off. The only thing I would worry about would be the vibrator getting too hot. I've noticed with one that I have, that it can start to get a little hot after long use. But it was on the cheap side, so maybe invest in something a little higher quality and maybe it wouldn't do that. I would follow the advice of trying it for shorter distances and gradually work up until you're comfortable with it.

• Members

I seriously doubt there are any long term side effects to it.

You will more than likely be very sore, it would be hard to have ANYTHING, whether it be Ben Wa balls, a vibe or a hands free stimulator inside of you for a long period of time.

I doubt very much when you get to your destination you would be in the mood for sex.

If you still wish to continue wit it, try going to the market with a vibe in, just drive there and back with a vibe on and in you.

That should give you your answer.

• Members

Ok, I asked my gynecologist about this one (YES, I have THAT kind of relationship with her) - only because I thought this was an intiguing question that required a thorough answer.

She said that "depending on the TYPE of toy, it would probably not cause any damage internally - but she would not recommend it." On questioning about why not she said, "I am more concerned about the driver and the possibility of an accident due to this kind of sexual play while DRIVING. Also, if there was an accident, for any reason, having the toy in there would not be adviseable." She also suggested that upwards of 3 hours would probably not be recommended to have anything inserted into the vagina or anus (unless we are talking plugs - those are meant for extended use) especially while sitting in a prone position because the toys do not bend like the natural contours of your body, and therefore might cause irritation or pain.

She also suggested that the use of an external toy might be more on the appropriate side for this type of play.

So, she would not recommend it, but couldn't give me any reason why it would do serious harm.

Now, I have had relationships where bondage and toy use was a BIG thing. I have had a vibrator used on me for probably 6 hours or more at a time - HOWEVER, the toy was not inserted the entire time. There was some breathing space in between where other objects were used.

I am not sure that I would want a full, fledged vibe up there for 8 hours - I am thinking ben wa balls, mini vibes, or alternating at rest stops. Something about that red flags for ME - although I can not tell you why, other than some toys do get hot with extended use and I would worry about the irritiation it might cause.

So, I hope this helps - and perhaps you will call your Gyne and ask him or her - we should not be embarrassed to ask these things of professionals!

Mikayla ;)

• Members

Thank you for all your replies, especially mikalya for asking your gyne. (yes i'm too embarressed to ask mine)

I think we'll try the bullet as suggested by nevertoold, and he already can't stop talking about the idea of holding on to the controler the whole trip, lol. he'd even suggested that i wear a blindfold so that i won't know when he changes the speed.

I don't think i have a high treshhold for pleasure (please god, any thing but that) but i would love to have kept cumming the whole trip. as mikalya's gyne pointed out, i don't know whetehr having a full length vibe inside me will hurt, but i'm just worried. It should be safe, it shouldn't be harmful, but i just can't convince myself of it.

So i guess we better start with something small and not so powerfull lol. and thanks whiskeywomen, i'll defineately keep in mind that it might get sore... it will be a shame to waste all those time in the hotel with a sore between the legs.

Thank you again for all your advices.

Joanne

PS.

• Members

We've tried variations on this in the past. Just before leaving the house, I dropped my jeans, bent over, and my hb slipped a medium-sized vibe up me. Turned it on, pulled up my jeans (helps if they're really tight), and then tried to walk to the car!! It's very difficult to walk with a vibrator buzzing inside you, in case you wondered. We drove for about 20 minutes (and 3 or 4 orgasms) before it started to hurt. We haven't done that again.

However, ben-wa balls work much better for extended trips. They wobble very nicely on bumpy roads. My husband has learned to find the bumpiest lane on the Interstates, LOL! The purpose of ben-wa balls isn't so much to cause orgasms on the road (although that can happen "by accident" from time to time) as it is to make sure my vagina is super-stimulated when we arrive at our destination hotel. Fucking after 6 or 8 hours of feeling every bump in the road rocking your womb is mind-blowing! A flexible silicone butt plug can add a very nice touch, too, if you like anal stimulation.

Our cardinal rule: hubby's hands stay on the wheel at all times. I'll give him verbal updates from time to time, which ensures he gets really turned on, and we have the most wonderful talks about good sex we've had, and the good sex we're going to have. It's a lot of fun.

It helps to wear a loose skirt or dress rather than pants. That way if the toys start to get annoying, you can remove them (or change to a different toy!) without flashing the truckers as you pass!