Official Community Forums Home

Is It Okay To Share Toys With A Friend?

jjb3

I want to buy some toys but am not sure what I would like. My friend has lots of toys and said I could borrow anything I wanted to try it out and see if I liked it. I am not sure that is a good idea. Is that safe to share toys if they have been washed? Does anybody know. Thanks.

jjb3

• Members

If the toys are washed in warm soapy water with anit-bacterial or anit microbial soap and then dried, there is nothing medically wrong with them. As a word of caution, I would wash them again for my own sake and use an anti-bacterial wipe a time or six on it my self. I just think it's a tad gross to borrow and swap toys. There is nothing medically wrong with it if the proper steps are taken.

I will agree with Howard on the bleach being used as a household disinfectant, but NOT on sex toys!!! They are usually made of rubber or plastic, and even "cyberskin", all of which can be damaged by using bleach on them. DO NOT USE BLEACH on any sex toys! Bleach can destroy some of the softer made toys. Drying and cracking isn't a good look on sex toys.

Antibacterial soap, with warm water, that will be fine. I don't recommend doing so a lot, but for those toys that are waterproof or don't have any vibes in it, like plain ole' dildos, or glass toys, putting them thru the dishwasher will do fine too.

• Members

It's late, but it's not THAT late. I can't believe what my eyes are reading here!

My mother always told me to share. I can share popcorn at the movies, or a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but never my sex toys. Even sharing MAKE-UP is something I've always been warned not to do - and we're just talking about products that go on my face!

Ew. Just the thought makes me want to go wash my hands AND my body - many, many times. Honestly, I wouldn't "borrow" or "use" ANY toy that my friend has used; even my best friend that I've known since I was 5, and you know - I don't think she would offer. Would you borrow said friends underwear - even if he or she says they've "been washed?" I don't think so.

Having said that, unless you're talking about a silicone, sil-a-gel or glass toy - even ten pounds of anti-bacterial soap AND a bucket of bleach* won't kill ALL the germs lurking on your BFF's dildo. Jelly and CyberSkin products have itty, bitty holes allllll over, which makes a perfect little spot for home-seeking germs; to me, this means sharing is a no-go.

If you MUST use your friends personal items - wash, wash, wash and use a condom!

Some sex toys are as cheap as ten bucks (or under!) buy your own, half of the fun of picking a toy is the trial and error!

ps. *never, ever use bleach on a toy unless it's 100% medical grade silicone (i.e. Tantus products which state that you can use a 10% bleach solution) - even then use a HIGHLY diluted solution of bleach and warm water! Personally, I'd skip the bleach all together . I'm a big fan of just plain ole' soap and H2O.

-Meg

• Members

i just would not share if there was something my friend haves i would inquire info about that toy and bu it myself but i would not share.

anti soap and bleach its all good but personally i would not share.

• 1 year later...
  • Members
I want to buy some toys but am not sure what I would like. My friend has lots of toys and said I could borrow anything I wanted to try it out and see if I liked it. I am not sure that is a good idea. Is that safe to share toys if they have been washed? Does anybody know. Thanks.

jjb3

I understand the need for cleanliness. I'm just not as [ ] as some folks are. Any chance of sharing your pals toys with your pal?? 2+ toys is WAY MORE FUN than 1+ toys. I might throw a rubber over a dong and I might quiz my pal 1st b4 dipping their junk in my trunk. I could see sharing when you're young and just starting out. There's plenty of sex toys I NEVER WOULD HAVE BOUGHT if only I'd had a chance to test them first. Not to mention a few FPS computer games and LPs and cassettes and CDs.. Trust your gut kiddo.

• Members
It's late, but it's not THAT late. I can't believe what my eyes are reading here!

My mother always told me to share. I can share popcorn at the movies, or a chocolate chip cookie recipe, but never my sex toys. Even sharing MAKE-UP is something I've always been warned not to do - and we're just talking about products that go on my face!

Ew. Just the thought makes me want to go wash my hands AND my body - many, many times. Honestly, I wouldn't "borrow" or "use" ANY toy that my friend has used; even my best friend that I've known since I was 5, and you know - I don't think she would offer. Would you borrow said friends underwear - even if he or she says they've "been washed?" I don't think so.

Having said that, unless you're talking about a silicone, sil-a-gel or glass toy - even ten pounds of anti-bacterial soap AND a bucket of bleach* won't kill ALL the germs lurking on your BFF's dildo. Jelly and CyberSkin products have itty, bitty holes allllll over, which makes a perfect little spot for home-seeking germs; to me, this means sharing is a no-go.

If you MUST use your friends personal items - wash, wash, wash and use a condom!

Some sex toys are as cheap as ten bucks (or under!) buy your own, half of the fun of picking a toy is the trial and error!

ps. *never, ever use bleach on a toy unless it's 100% medical grade silicone (i.e. Tantus products which state that you can use a 10% bleach solution) - even then use a HIGHLY diluted solution of bleach and warm water! Personally, I'd skip the bleach all together . I'm a big fan of just plain ole' soap and H2O.

-Meg

I agree with Meg. EW!

That is just so disgusting not to mention unsanitary.

Sharing a sex toy is like sharing a:

used tampon

underwear

deodorant

toothbrush

razor

ABC gum......

Do I really need to continue??????

****Study the toy page, read the reviews (it's why they have them) and just buy one. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but what ever you do DO NOT SHARE TOYS!!!!! I can't believe your even thinking of sharing one, GROSS!

• Members
I agree with Meg. EW!

That is just so disgusting not to mention unsanitary.

Sharing a sex toy is like sharing a:

used tampon

underwear

deodorant

toothbrush

razor

ABC gum......

Do I really need to continue??????

****Study the toy page, read the reviews (it's why they have them) and just buy one. You don't need to spend a lot of money, but what ever you do DO NOT SHARE TOYS!!!!! I can't believe your even thinking of sharing one, GROSS!

I have to agree. EW. I don't even like to share our movies. There is something disturbing to be about a friend using the same move to used during sex.

• Members

Here is a different point of view.

LG and I have had several threesomes with one of her friends and during the fun there is lots of toy sharing and lots of toy washing.

I would say that depending on the situation toy sharing is fine. :D

• Members
Here is a different point of view.

LG and I have had several threesomes with one of her friends and during the fun there is lots of toy sharing and lots of toy washing.

I would say that depending on the situation toy sharing is fine. :D

See i thinksharing a toy with a love is WAY different than just swapping a toy.witha lover your openly assuming the risks that comes with that, with a friend, not so much. That being said, I don't think I could EVER shjare my toys, it's just too initmate, I don't even like lovers using my toys on me. MY toy are like lovers too and i jealously horde my lovers.