Official Community Forums Home

Masturbation Sleeves

• Members

OK, I am of the same mind as Mike here. I didn't know my parents had sex, didn't WANT to know, and thought it was EEWWWWWW! The problem with my parents was, well, besides the fact they probably weren't having sex, but they didn't show ANY love between them at all, that right there is what leads to bad relationships in my opinion. I don't want my kids to hear me or feel the house (or motor home) tossing about like a boat on the ocean, but I DO want them to see my husband and I have romantic moments. That has been the most difficult part for me, because both my husband and I were raised in homes where that doesn't exist, but do I want that for my kids, NO!

So I think when kids are involved, keeping the sex part from them isn't such a bad thing, but DO show emotion and romance in their presence.

You know, Whittiboo, you really hit the nail on the head. I've been thinking about this post for the last couple of days, and I came to the same conclusion.

No, kids really shouldn't KNOW about their parent's sex lives, but they SHOULD see love and affection, and that THAT is a normal, healthy thing.

Of course, I always promote age-appropriate honesty too. So, if the child asks a question, then it should be answered as honestly as possible.

• Members

I think I need to clarify something here:

In my opinion (and I must say, the opinion of many a child psychologist that I have read) showing LOVE (not sex) between parents is an essential way to make a child feel secure, loved and happy. Factually speaking, parents that have a healthy sex life show more love and seem happier in marriage and life than those parents who are NOT having sex. There is more kissing, touching, talking and saying "I love you" when sex is happening in the home.

Now, does that mean that children - young children - need to "know" that 'Mommy and Daddy are going to go have sex now!' - NO. What it does mean is, if the sex is as discreet as you can make it (at night or when the children are away) or, if the children are older and can amuse themselves for a few hours in the afternoon (during 'nap time' or in the showers at night) as long as it is appropriate, then why not?

Once a child pushes over that threshold of KNOWING what sex is, that it occurs between loving people in a committed relationship, then I say, if they "know" you are having a naughty nap so be it! When children become old enough to have sex themselves it becomes irrelevant whether they know their parents are having sex! Again, discreetness -no walking around in bondage gear or screaming profanities - but if you are taking time for love and your older child knows - so be it!

Kids in general have a greater understanding of all things sexual now due to the changing times, television, peers and just plain growing up faster than they should. It is important that it is the parents who give the example of what healthy sex is. I have never told my son that his "penis" is his widdly dink or pee pee. It is a PENIS and girls have a VAGINA.

When I got pregnant my son asked how the baby got in my tummy. He is 5. I told him that Mommy and Daddy made the baby together. He didn't ask anything more. IF he had, I would have found a non-descript way of explaining it without explaining sex per se. Being honest and unashamed of our sexuality is a great lesson for our children.

So, to address the ORIGINAL post and my ORIGINAL answer. These are not "kids" they are teenagers. If Sexygranny and her husband of 40 YEARS want to engage in discreet, sexual behavior - they should. If their grandchildren hear the thumping - so what? As I said, as long as there is no screaming of profanity or ludeness - sex between a happily married couple that can be slightly "heard" and not "seen" is more than acceptable, in my opinion!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm adding this for the GC point of view...

about 5 or so years ago my brother shared a secret with me. Our Granny was a sex freak!! He walk into my grandparents house (in Oklahoma no one locks doors) and saw her tied to the door jam in black lingerie and grampa holding a whip.

And he did the polite and right thing to do. he turned around and went home. And now he's scarred for life! just kidding!!! He has a very good active sex life that every one deserves to have.

So it comes down to this, if they are really bothered they'll step out for a while, or turn the tv up. And besides they probably already know ya'll still have sex.

You go Granny!!!