Official Community Forums Home

Alcohol And Going Out

Mike_d

• Members

I don't drink. I know a guy who does. We worked an event for our staion friday and he does not remember how he got home. He was totally trashed and drove home. I was curious if anyone ever got plastered and woke up with something they didn't remember taking home, another person, an STD or something else?

I started partying pretty hard for the 2 yrs that I was single after my divorce. I can honestly say, that I never got so bombed that I didn't have most of my faculties. I'm one of those people that remember EVERYTHING. And, I was always in control. However, I never got in the car, behind the wheel. Not even after one drink.

Now, I do have a friend that woke up one morning, and called us, whispering, cuz he didn't want to wake the girl up. I guess he was experiencing Coyote Ugly. I guess she was scary! My hubby had to find him by what he was telling him was around this girl's apartment!! LOL At least my hubby found him, the dumbass!!!

• Members

I always remember what i do when i drink, but i still have ended up with some uglies in the bed with me the next morning.

• Members

I too am one of those people that remembers everything and is in control of everything drink...well, except maybe my tongue...it tends to move faster than my brain can process and thankfully has not gotten me in any trouble..lol. A friend of mine once was out with me drinking...we had our boyfriends with us....she got so drunk there she forgot she was with her boyfriend and began talking to some other guy...I had to go and remind her that her boyfriend was waiting on her and getting more pissed by the minute...she was like "oh no!!! _____ I forgot him!!!!" Then she was ready to cry, told the other man she was sorry but she had a boyfriend.....it was all really very funny.

We both had to be to work at 6am the next day, she had the hangover, I didn't. She came in and said "Don't even say it!" LOL! It was funny. We had gone shot for shot and drink for drink and she said she could outdrink anyone...I guess she was wrong..lol.

ShyBear

• Members

When I was younger and partied with friends, I'd drink, but thankfully always kept my wits enough to never hook up with anyone -- the friends I went out with were all guys and it was much more fun to flirt with people I cared about. *laugh*

These days, I don't drink. Besides, I have too many days where I forget what I've done the day before when I'm sober... who needs to add alcohol to that?! :rolleyes:

• Members

I used to drink quite a bit when I was younger - it was what all my friends "did." It was easy too, cause my one friend's family bought us alcohol and let us drink in his basement. I never had a problem during that period 'cause I never drove anywhere, and I was too afraid to get "sick" to overdo it. I was in control.

However, years later, after I turned 21, I went to a party at a new friend's dorm. There was a punch there that was sooooo good, but tasted nothing like alcohol. Anyone ever heard of "Everclear?" Everclear tastes like nothing but will get you so totally trashed you will wish you were dead.

I woke up in a dorm room with 2 guys - naked all of us - I had sand and grass in my panties (when I slunk to go get them back on) my ass HURT, I had hickeys alllll over my body, there were 4 condoms on the floor, and all I remember was talking to a cute guy at the bar and he wasn't even in the room!

I promptly got dressed, went home and showered. Then I went and got tested the next day - I was all clean - I suppose even in my stupid stupor I used condoms!

I learned at that point 2 things: (1) NEVER drink in excess again (2) If it tastes like nothing but you are getting buzzed it is EVERCLEAAR and you should stay away!

I guess I'm like Shybear that way. Yes, I have gotten outrageously silly, mouthy, a more flirty. Which, helped when I went to Mardi Gras (and I was single) so I got BEADS!! LOL

• Members

OOh Mikayla - my stomach hurts just seeing the word Everclear - Not a nice alcohal.

I drink socially and love to do it. I don't drink in excess and do monitor my drinks. Generally now a days it's with a tight group of friends and we all monitor each other. I think as long as it's in moderation and you're being responsible and not hurting anyone, to each is own.

When I was younger though, moderation was not on the top of my agenda. I can remember blacking out a couple times. Thirteen shots of Patron in 2 hours, maybe not a great idea in hind sight. It was fun at the time. But I've NEVER woken up with a stranger or something I didn't know about. Luckily I've always been with friends where someone was the designated driver/mother hen watching out for the pack.

• 1 month later...

I agree, Howard. Vodka can easily be hidden with some sort of juice drink too. When I have a "girlie" drink, which always has fruit juice in it, I can never taste the vodka. And it usually hits me all at once. I'm lotsa fun when I drink, but I never get irresponsible, thankfully.

• Members

That's interesting Mikayla, I can smell Everclear a mile away. It does go down smooth, though (until it hits the tummy, then LOOK OUT). I make homemade limoncello with Everclear sometimes, vodka when I don't want it quite so strong, and I guess I'm just used to working with it but it has a very potent smell to me. Did you ever try pure grain alcohol? I mean the kind you buy back in the woods from guys named Bubba or Coot? Back in the day, that was one of our few choices because we were underage (not to mention stupid!) and it was cheaper than buying a six pack from the same guys. Curl your toes and, God, talk about a burn going down.

Regardless, you are right, Everclear is the number one ingredient in the college "hunchpunch" (gotta love that Hawaiian punch and Everclear) and about put me on my ass one night. Typical frat party with barrells of the stuff and, sad to say, I was underage and didn't know any better. Found myself, just in the nick of time I might add, half naked with a guy that would have been very hard to live down at that college. He had slept with everyone and, I think, everyTHING in the county at one time or another. YUCK! Never, ever let that happen again to me.

• Members
I used to drink quite a bit when I was younger - it was what all my friends "did." It was easy too, cause my one friend's family bought us alcohol and let us drink in his basement. I never had a problem during that period 'cause I never drove anywhere, and I was too afraid to get "sick" to overdo it. I was in control.

However, years later, after I turned 21, I went to a party at a new friend's dorm. There was a punch there that was sooooo good, but tasted nothing like alcohol. Anyone ever heard of "Everclear?" Everclear tastes like nothing but will get you so totally trashed you will wish you were dead.

I woke up in a dorm room with 2 guys - naked all of us - I had sand and grass in my panties (when I slunk to go get them back on) my ass HURT, I had hickeys alllll over my body, there were 4 condoms on the floor, and all I remember was talking to a cute guy at the bar and he wasn't even in the room!

I promptly got dressed, went home and showered. Then I went and got tested the next day - I was all clean - I suppose even in my stupid stupor I used condoms!

I learned at that point 2 things: (1) NEVER drink in excess again (2) If it tastes like nothing but you are getting buzzed it is EVERCLEAAR and you should stay away!

Cowboy or Colorado Kool-Aid are just a few of the more common names for this volatile ass-kicker. It was a staple in our HS days. Also great for spiking watermelons. My Sr. year I would go to my gf house and drink it straight out of the bottle. Not near as good as the real deal. But with a J or 2 you could almost forget the taste. Now if you want one that will really kill you try Mad Dog 20-20 (Orange Jubilee). That is the absolute worst hangover I've ever met. And it lasts for about a week. Now for the guy who chewed his arm off so he wouldn't wake her you might suggest to him that he chew the other one off in case she goes looking for a 1 arm man! LOL!!!!

• Members

Have to saying just thinking of Everclear hurts, and I I'm not sure what I had but I know Everclear straight out of the bottle smells and burns going now, guess i needed a mixed drink, not straight shots..lol...

I have never been too surprised the couple times i've been drunk, the first time though I remember waking up in the bathtub with the shower on and my hubby above me trying to clean me up, wasn't sure who he was, or i was, and it was all his fault..lol..the next mornign i remember waking up and turning over feeling funny and telling him I had a wierd dream until he told me it wasn't a dream, I still can't remember the whole night, it was my first time, I will always remember and not want to repeat... :D poor hubby had to take care of me all night.lol..

• Members

ew ew ew ew - pappyld04 - dammit!! I just took a stroll down memory lane to remembering how horrible Mad dog Strawberry Hill was. ew ew ew. Ah youth........

• Members

Good old Everclear... brings back memories of college days when the urge to party was high, but funds were low. Jungle Juice!

Glad that was then...

But this topic brings to mind one interesting thing... My ex-wife was always bit "restrained" in her sexuality. It was a condition that worsened with time. She was embarrassed by talk of sex, she blushed when she saw sexual situations in movies (even just R rated films), and initiating sex had to come from her. It got to be less and less. I can't say that all the pain and stress of divorce was a good thing, but I am glad to be on this side of it. Don't get me wrong, I DID love her dearly, but this is getting off the topic.

The one exception to her reigned in sexuality came with the introduction of alcohol... but not too much. There was a narrow window that made her happy, before she became belligerent. This girl was no shrinking violet, rather a quite bold personality, but at 4'10" and tipping the scale at 96 lbs., she always needed to be "watched". She did not know her limits. Two Margaritas made her shine, but three had her starting fights with anyone who bumped into her (or that she may have bumped into). There were times that it resembled the cartoon of the Chihuahua going against a Rottweiler.

But, as I said, two Margaritas (drink of choice) made her amorous and "open". The reason I bring this up is that the times that we had sex when she was in this state were FAR better than when she was sober (I know, a sad comment). She was enthusiastic, where she'd otherwise be uptight, aggressive where normally meek.

The biggest thing about it was that she would regularly not like receiving oral sex (don't get the idea that I'm not good at it. I've been told by MANY that I am the best that women have had, and I have the late nite booty calls to prove it). When uninhibited, my ex LOVED oral, had multiple O's and was a SQUIRTER!!!! Straight... she still had multiple O's from intercourse, but NO ORAL, little fingering, etc...

One morning we woke up, and our bed was still soaked... she asked me what had spilled. I was amazed that she didn't remember squirting. She remembered making love, being very into it, but the details were hazy.

I must say that it was very frustrating to know what she "could" be like, and I was not supportive of feeding her alcohol just to ensure a good time, but I admit that when we were out and she was ordering a second drink, I would get anxiously hopeful...

It was the only time that sex was exciting, thrilling and erotic, but it was with someone only partly there mentally, if fully physically.

There were many issues in our marriage, but in the end, she was a broken person (that sounds harsh, but I don't mean it negatively ) who didn't want to be fixed, so we parted...

Even though the end was bitter, I walked away with memories of some unbelievable encounters we had.

Amazing stuff that alcohol.