Official Community Forums Home

Starting Over

arielofthenight

Hi, thought I would drop in to say HI....HI

Starting over after losing my husband to cancer, and scared and kind of worried I can't get back into the swing of seeing guys again. :(

You know the older you get the scarier it gets out there, cause I am still young on the inside, but will the guys see that and look passed my age? :huh:<_<

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's passing.

Men will absolutely look past your age! It all depends how you put yourself out there as well, but there are many men that LOVE older ladies. You are known as a "Cougar", which is a sexy older lady that younger guys will flock too, and won't care about your age at all!! More experience, more knowledge, and more self-esteem all are carried by older ladies. Plus, less drama!

Good luck!

• Members

As is most typical here Tyger has hit the nail on the head. One other thing I might add is for you to watch yourself out there. This is a totally different generation. Mostly made up of users and losers. Do not allow your loneliness and fear to create a victim. You are a strong woman and deserve to be happy. Just be alert!!!

• Members

Welcome and good luck and so sorry to hear about your husband *hugs*

• Members

Welcome! I have to agree with my fellow posters.You've reached cougar status! And thats a gem in itself. Remember, dating is supposed to new, exciting and fun! Don't worry about the age thing. It really shouldn't matter. Personalities and interconnections are what count. Just be careful and I'm sure you'll have stories to share soon enough! Welcome to the board ;)

• Members

Hi there, welcome to the forums!! It sucks to hear that you lost your husband to cancer. But I'm positive that you will be able to get some stares from men. If you can sell the candy right, the boys will come a runnin' lol. Age usually doesn't matter. Just go out there and shine and you'll be fine.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!! Peace and One Love!!

• Members
Hi there, welcome to the forums!! It sucks to hear that you lost your husband to cancer. But I'm positive that you will be able to get some stares from men. If you can sell the candy right, the boys will come a runnin' lol. Age usually doesn't matter. Just go out there and shine and you'll be fine.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!! Peace and One Love!!

Did I detect a hint at Bob in there girl?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry to hear about your husband. Welcome to the site! I'm sure you'll find great advice and great people here!