Official Community Forums Home

How To Take "toys" On Vacation?

• Members

There is an article in the "Sex Ed" section on this very topic!! I know because I read it lol. Mikayla tells you how to sneak toys through security.

EDIT: Here's the link to the topic ~~~

http://www.tootimid.com/sex_education/sex_...cation_tips.htm

• Members

Hey, I doubt anyone is going to hijack a plane using a vibrator! Although, I could see bad things happening if other women starved for sex saw it, there may be a riot!!!

Plus, it isn't as much as 'sneaking' as it is - preparing!

• Members

As I read your response I had a flash of Gene Wilder holding a girl up with a hard-on in the movie "See No Evil, Hear No Evil"! LOL!!

• Members
Hey, I doubt anyone is going to hijack a plane using a vibrator! Although, I could see bad things happening if other women starved for sex saw it, there may be a riot!!!

Plus, it isn't as much as 'sneaking' as it is - preparing!

They take EVERYTHING now-a-days though. They take stupid stuff like your toothpaste. I can see them ripping out your toys for everyone to see.

After you take the batteries out of your toys, maybe you can wrap them up in your clothes. Not so much that they would notice. Hopefully they won't go through all of your things.

• Members

I've taken a bullet in my carryon before (for short trips with no checked bag), but if I'm going on a longer trip I pack the "supply" in my checked baggage (remove the batteries, you don't want your bag to be "tagged by the bomb squad" because one accidentally gets turned on and your suitcase starts emitting vibrating noises :lol: ).

Honestly I've never worried about them in my checked suitcase, TSA people have seen everything... who cares. :D

I will point out that there is a new TSA battery rule that just went into effect - if you use lithium batteries in anything:

"Effective January 1, 2008, the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) will no longer allow loose lithium batteries in checked baggage."

• Members
I've taken a bullet in my carryon before (for short trips with no checked bag), but if I'm going on a longer trip I pack the "supply" in my checked baggage (remove the batteries, you don't want your bag to be "tagged by the bomb squad" because one accidentally gets turned on and your suitcase starts emitting vibrating noises :lol: ).

Honestly I've never worried about them in my checked suitcase, TSA people have seen everything... who cares. :D

I will point out that there is a new TSA battery rule that just went into effect - if you use lithium batteries in anything:

"Effective January 1, 2008, the Department of Transportation (DOT) through the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) will no longer allow loose lithium batteries in checked baggage."

WHAT?! Are you kidding me? That's plain rediculous. What will it hurt to use lithium batteries in the airport? And the sad thing is, crap like this gets taken and still people are sneaking guns and stuff onto the plane.

• Members

Here's a bit more detail as it was posted from another place I visit.

Effective January 1, 2008, the following rules apply to the spare lithium batteries you carry with you in case the battery in a device runs low:

Spare batteries are the batteries you carry separately from the devices they power. When batteries are installed in a device, they are not considered spare batteries.

You may not pack a spare lithium battery in your checked baggage

You may bring spare lithium batteries with you in carry-on baggage – see our spare battery tips and how-to sections to find out how to pack spare batteries safely!

Even though we recommend carrying your devices with you in carry-on baggage as well, if you must bring one in checked baggage, you may check it with the batteries installed.

The following quantity limits apply to both your spare and installed batteries. The limits are expressed in grams of “equivalent lithium content.” 8 grams of equivalent lithium content is approximately 100 watt-hours. 25 grams is approximately 300 watt-hours:

Under the new rules, you can bring batteries with up to 8-gram equivalent lithium content. All lithium ion batteries in cell phones are below 8 gram equivalent lithium content. Nearly all laptop computers also are below this quantity threshold.

You can also bring up to two spare batteries with an aggregate equivalent lithium content of up to 25 grams, in addition to any batteries that fall below the 8-gram threshold. Examples of two types of lithium ion batteries with equivalent lithium content over 8 grams but below 25 are shown below.

For a lithium metal battery, whether installed in a device or carried as a spare, the limit on lithium content is 2 grams of lithium metal per battery.

Almost all consumer-type lithium metal batteries are below 2 grams of lithium metal. But if you are unsure, contact the manufacturer

Thurisas.

• 4 weeks later...

we've travelled to many countries and never had problem.

We have always packed the toys and gels in our checked bags and not in our carry-on... that's where the problems would occur i think.