Official Community Forums Home

Shaved

My wife recently gave me a personal hair trimmer. She didn’t say what it was for, but since I have my hair cut at a barber shop and she doesn’t intend to cut it my hair, it left me wondering. Is she trying to hint that she wants me to shave “down there”? How do women feel about a clean shaven man? How should I actually go about shaving such an area and how much should be shaved? Appreciate any guidance on this “sensitive” issue.

• Members

Welcome to the forum, and as far as your question goes, it's different for each individual. Personally, I shave down below and I get rid of all the hair on the sack and all around my package. My wife loves it and she was actually the one who got me doing it in the first place. There are a couple of things you need to remember though. For starters, that area is likely to be more sensitive than your face so make sure you take it easy on yourself. Make sure you use a moisturizing shave cream, or in your case with an electric trimmer, a moisturizing after lotion. Again, different for different people though as I find I can just shave in the shower with no cream and no moisturizer, but better safe than sorry. As far as knowing if this is what she wants...well, you can ask or you can do it and hope for the best. Of course the choice is up to you.

Thurisas.

• Members

Find you some Coochy Creme (sold on this site) and soften your hairs. You don't have to but it's better to (you can soak 'em in the tub too). Being shaven down there is great, I am shaven myself. The sensitivity and touch is great when it comes to play and masturbation. I used an electric razor. If this is your first shave, don't use a regular razor! You WILL get bad razor bumps and it's not pleasant....I did make this mistake. That's why I'm warnin' ya lol.

Hope you get the help you need. I'm just a post or PM away.

Vicky

• Members

The best 20 I ever spent was for a personal trimmer at Christie's. (Sorry no TooTimid knowledge at that time). It was bought for my gf but I have found myself using it more than she. She still uses a razor which send a serious chill down my spine. (And I fear nothing, except this)! We bought this about 5+ years ago and aside from replacing the batteries once it has been a champion! The first few times I used it it was somewhat uncomfortable but trust me guys it gets better. There may be one or two days of discomfort but the other days will make your lady really pay attention to your "package"! IT IS WELL WORTH IT!

• Members

When I shaved with a regular blade razor, it cut me up. That was a mistake that I learned from. The itchiness from when it grows back and be slightly irritating at first but that's something you will get over.

But I must agree with Howard on this, talk to your wife first. Ya'll have got to communicate on this. If you go and just buzz it all off before she finds out, she could be pissed. She may have wanted all of hers buzzed off, you never know. You just gotta ask her babe.

• Members
The best 20 I ever spent was for a personal trimmer at Christie's. (Sorry no TooTimid knowledge at that time). It was bought for my gf but I have found myself using it more than she. She still uses a razor which send a serious chill down my spine. (And I fear nothing, except this)! We bought this about 5+ years ago and aside from replacing the batteries once it has been a champion! The first few times I used it it was somewhat uncomfortable but trust me guys it gets better. There may be one or two days of discomfort but the other days will make your lady really pay attention to your "package"! IT IS WELL WORTH IT!

Just don't wax it, I tried that also and it was beyond kinky which was to much for my pleasure.

i bought one of them trimmers once at walgreens and it did alright for awhile then one day just died. A quality razer and cootchie cream works the best

Glenn

• Members
You are missing the point of the exercise. It has nothing to do with what you want. Its about playing with your SO. Its what she might like. Its about allowing her to shave you, and find out what you feel like on her tongue and lips without the hair.

Howard

Yeah but at the same time, he has to want it all off. She can play with him without it all off. I mean, I wouldn't want a full bushel in my face either but I'm sure she wouldn't mine SOME hair. He has to enjoy it too Howard; otherwise he'll be miserable afterwards. It does itch real bad when it grows back. Nothin' worse than wanting to stratch down there and ya can't. Phew!

And Glenn, you WAXED it off!?! Are you serious lol?! I couldn't imagine putting hot wax on my kittykat and ripping the hairs off. Oh boy, does that sound painful or what?

• Members

Ok, Howard you are really starting to bother me.

I do shave mine. I don't shave everyday, but when it starts to grow back, it does itch. If you've ever itched down there Howard (if you haven't then something's wrong) it's very annoying and sucks really bad. "It itches like crazy" is a saying, hello! You need to lighten up!

But anyways ( <_< ), if you soften your hairs, it'll be more pleasant. I don't suggest using a regular razor because of razor bumps. And you do need to talk to your wife. But when you do, tell her how you feel. If you don't want it all off, tell her about it.

• Members
Yeah but at the same time, he has to want it all off. She can play with him without it all off. I mean, I wouldn't want a full bushel in my face either but I'm sure she wouldn't mine SOME hair. He has to enjoy it too Howard; otherwise he'll be miserable afterwards. It does itch real bad when it grows back. Nothin' worse than wanting to stratch down there and ya can't. Phew!

And Glenn, you WAXED it off!?! Are you serious lol?! I couldn't imagine putting hot wax on my kittykat and ripping the hairs off. Oh boy, does that sound painful or what?

It was one of those experimental acts to find out what method worked best, we decided waxing was not the route to go. today we sold on cootchie cream and a quality razor. A razor dedicated to shaving southern style if you know where I talking about

I think you do

It wasnt really bad til we got to the scrotem. I think hot waxing will be enjoyable since it not the same thing and we have little hair down there

Glenn

• Members

here's the deal, any woman who is with me is going to be comfortable with SOME hair, because I am a hairy man. It's not like I'm a bear or anything, but if she kisses or licks just about any part of my body she's going to come into contact with hair, cept maybe my shoulders and palms and upper arms and most of my back.

my trimming is for aesthetic reasons for the most part anyways. I'm not so interested in receiving head.

Thanks for all the good suggestions. Lubridurm works nicely. It has been several days and the itch factor has not been a problem. And I must say that the increased sensitivity is well worth it. Not to mention the extra attention that my wife gives to my smooth shaft and sack. My only regret is that I didn't do this sooner.

OK, I guess I'll add my 2 cents, such as it is, since I consider myself a "professional coochie shaver", having shaved myself bald *down there* for 16 yrs.

*Yes, no matter HOW long you've been shaving, if you don't keep up with it according to how fast your hair grows, MOST people will experience itching when the hair starts growing back. That's not something that just goes away with time. I get really itchy if I don't shave at least every other day.

*Yes you should find a quality razor and some kind of cream to shave with (I LOVE Coochie Cream!!). Each person's skin tones and reactions are different, so results may vary.

*Shaving can be done as a surprise. However, if someone is of the "Oh hell no" persuation, or simply doesn't like it, then they should NOT be guilted, forced, or convinced to do otherwise. EVERYONE should try something ONCE, unless it's against their moral beliefs. First times can be thrilling, scary, and full of "what if's", but at least you can say you TRIED it. But, I agree with Brandy, everyone should be comfortable. Giving and receiving is great, but there is a point where selfishness can really ruin things.

*Bumps can and do occur. Sometimes more than others. There are creams, gels, lotions that all claim to prevent these. I have sensitive skin. I have been shaving for 16 yrs. I've tried them all! I still get bumps here and there. I found that when using a 4+blade new razor, these are minimized. I soak in a tub, allowing the skin and hairs to soften. If I get a chill (goosebumps), I get raw. Some lotions really STING after I shave, giving me a slight razor burn rash.

*Be careful what you use on your skin. This is a trial and error process. Shampoos and conditioners also contain perfumes, which can irritate the skin. I've found that extra moisturizing conditioner, Tressemme' preferrably, works the best FOR ME. Shaving not only gets rid of unwanted hairs, but can strip the surface of your skin's natural oils that help protect it. Find something that works with YOUR body chemistry, doesn't hurt, and makes you feel silky smooth!

Good luck!

If you are not sure what her intensions where I suggest your just use the trimmer and trim everything down. I guarentee she will love it. Watch for her response and go from there, if she seems to like it. Ask her if she would like to to shave it completely off. I know that since I have been with my partner, he first trimmed it, now he shaves it completely for me. He gets much better head this way, and I can't keep my mouth off of him. I am sure that you have gotten hair in your mouth before and it is very unpleasant. Now no more worries. Now, I go down on him further and am even able to deep throat him. I would not do that before. Nothing gags me worse than hair in my mouth. Try it! you will both like it!

• Members

My first run-in with this was in high school. My gf decided to try the hair removal cream (Nair I think). I do not recommend this action unless it is a bikini area product. She was very uncomfortable for about a week and needless to say I only got hand and mouth treatment in that time. I did my best to make sure she walked funny all the time but this one really did her in!!! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME!!!!!!!!

• Members

I prefer to be bare myself for several reasons. I prefer the feeling and look of being bald. I also think that it is easier to keep clean and smell free.

Hubby has shaved a couple times, and I really, really loved it. He looked so much bigger because I could actually SEE the damn thing! It was also so much better for oral. He couldn't bring himself to shave the sack though.

• Members

Dear Macros,

I much prefer a man whose completely shaved down south. It makes giving head so much nicer. Since I also shave (& yes, I'm a woman) I will mirror what the other folks advise about using new razors and separating your razors for different purposes. I just bought some of those pivotal head razors and they're much better than the BIC's.

Shaving/waxing also minimizes hair in your bedsheets and underwear. Your underwear won't grab hairs anymore. Women are cleaner when they shave. Quite honestly, I feel sexier since I've been shaving. I feel like that if a guy puts his hands down my pants, he's getting what he wants and not a hand full of hair.

If it turns out that your woman wants to shave/wax be sure she doesn't do a home wax. MAJOR OUCH AND IT WILL GO WRONG! There are lots of little areas and angles and hair grows in different directions. Go to a salon. $75.00 lasts several weeks - keeps down on the shaving maintenance.

HAPPY SHAVING!