Official Community Forums Home

Razor Help Please?

• Members

Ok, so I'm just getting straight to the point. I shave down there, and I use a schick quattro for women and I use like skintimate shaving gel. I mean it removes the hair, and leaves it pretty clean but there's still like little ingrown hairs or like black dots if you look closely...and I mean I am very careful when I shave. But for some reason, it doesn't completely get like all of the hair gone. So my question is, are there certain razors I can use to get a better shave in that sensitive area that will remove this extra stubble or like little ingrown hairs or like creams or something? Help? I'm a little insecure about it, it's not horrible but still. I'd like completely bare. Thanks anyone who can help!

=]

• Members

shave in the shower

I find that the Mach 3 works better... angle hits the skin closer perhaps?

Use a GOOD shave cream... I like Origins shave cream. It's a bit tingly and soothing at the same time

Then, use a shaving balm... I like the one by L'Occitane... find it at their stores or online... It's called "Cade"... very soothing! Prevents the bumps/rash/in-growns

I don't work for any of those companies... just tried alot of stuff, till I found what works... for me.

Let me know what you think, should you try these products... good luck, and enjoy!

• Members

My wife and I use a Gillete Fussion and Coochy Shaving Cream. The combonation gives us an incrediable shave with the fewest problems. I also use the Coochy Aftershave mist it helps. Between shaves and to give my skin a break, I use a Panasonic Body Groomer with the Coochy Cream to keep the 5 o'clock shadow at bay. B)

The razor that I've found that works the best on my stubborn hair (which sux as a woman to have such stubborn hair), is the vibrating Venus Vibrance. Yes, it's expensive, and the refills are murder on the wallet too, but they're SOOO worth it! After shaving for over 16yrs down there, that's the best razor I've ever found. I believe the afore mention Gillette one is the man's version of the Vibrance, so that may work just as well.

As far as seeing the little hairs under the skin, there's really nothing you can do about that. If you're like I am, and have dark pubic hair, no matter what you do, you'll always see the roots under the skin. Howard's correct, the only permanent way to get rid of all that is electrolisis. Temporary removal of hair AND root is waxing, and, where I do like a little pain, I don't think I could do that (and I've had a child, been pierced, and have tattoos!!). RIIIIIIIIIIP, um, no thank you. LOL

• Members

Oh wow, thanks to everyone for your suggestions, I definitely should invest in this coochy creme item, it sounds fantastic! And yes, I think I'll have to splurge Tyger, and get the vibrance. Yeah I mean, I just would like to not have like little spots when i wear a bathing suit or something, because sometimes even when you shave there's like a little something that shows. so it's like hard to wear lower cut bathing suits. hm.

Thanks again!

• Members
It sounds like you are talking about " 5 o'clock Shadow ", the kind that men with dark hair have after they shave. From what you are describing the razor does a nice job of leaving the skin smooth, so there are no hair sticking up( or outt), right?

If I am correct, the only way you can be pale bare would be to have the hairs removed through electrolysis. That is a very expensive and time consuming operation. I don't think its necessary.

Take the time to get to know the new, " Bare " you. As long as it feels smooth, and comfortable to you, I would not worry about appearances. I wish I had a nickle for everytime I felt my chin, and realized it had been a long day, and my beard now felt like fine sand paper. I was then reluctant to rub against my wife's thighs, or labia, or groin with my face or chin, because of the sandpaper stubble. In the mornings, as much as I loved to wake her with some oral sex, I was always conscious that my stubble would be rather rough on her skin. She always told me she not only didn't mind my stubble, but that it actually gave her more pleasure, even if there were times when she needed a break from sex for a day to heal bruised skin from over activity on my part. I was always trying to sneak into the bathroom in the morning to shave, brush my teeth, and gargle with mouth wash, and clean up a bit, before making love to her. She even liked the hair on my chest! Strange woman.

Howard

Yeah it's practically that howard, 5'oclock shadow. I guess I'm just self conscious about it, because like I said, I have never let anyone down there before and like I don't want when that time comes for the guy to go down and be like oh... because you know of the tiny stubble. Yes, when i shave, it's still completely smooth other than the little black dots. I guess I just have to get over it right? And one day, when I am rich and famous (hah...sarcasm) or when I have more money, maybe it'd be worth it to get the electrolysis. Thanks!

• Members

I've had lasor hair removal down south. I have not done the full 5 sessions and am planning to eventually. It is expensive but so worth it. Talk about smooth! From the one session I have done it's decreased a tremendous amount of hair for me to shave. If you are interested check out how much it costs and alot of places give student discounts. You don't have to finish all the sessions for it to be effective ;)

• Members

Make sure your razor travels in the same direction that your hair grows. With the grain so to speak. This helps to reduce these ingrown hairs. Hot water also helps the hairs to stand out more so that you get a better shave. BTW, if a man is ever going to get near it I doubt that you will hear any complaints. He should feel lucky that you have let him near you!!!

• Members

When I go completely bare I use Coochy Creme (or just soak my hairs in the shower) and a Venus Vibrance razor. Most of the time, I just trim it and take all the hair off away from my clitoral hood with a electric razor.

Usually, getting rid of "ingrown hairs'' is almost impossible. I know your frustration, they do suck. That's part of the reason that I just trim it down. For me, it's important to just get it my hairs away from my clitoral hood (that's where most of my sensation comes from). As long as you get rid of your hairs outside your panty line, you're good lol.

Peace! Vicky

• Members
I finally had to use a razor to slice the skin, and then pull out the hair.
Although they say that "chicks dig scars", I don't think they like them on their own bodies. Especially there!!!!!

• Members
Deal;ing with ingrown hairs down in your crotch is no different than dealing with ingrown hairs anywhere else. I once had an ingrown hair on my shoulder that, I swear, was two inches long, when I finally was able to pull it out. I had a huge bump that was red, and sore, because I just had a heck of a time breaking the skin in that location. I finally clawed at it, and broke through. Yes, it was bloody, but the release of that pressure alone made me feel much better, and removed 90% of the ache in my shoulder, that was chronic, and constant. I reach in with tweezers, and lifted her, and there until one time I felt something resisting, and I pulled harder, I felt like the darn hair was growing out of my bones, the sensation of movement was that deep.

I had the same thing happen on the inside of my thigh, on time, as the result of a hair being pulled out by the inseam of my jeans. The ingrown hair was in a difficult place to reach, and I hoped, foolishly, that it would break out on its own. No deal. I finally had to use a razor to slice the skin, and then pull out the hair. Most ingrowns are just under the top layer of skin, and can be squeezed out with the pinching of fingernails, or with tweezers. Once you get and end sticking up, just grab it with the tweezers and pull. In about a third of the cases, this remove the hair from that follicle permanently. The rest of the time, some of the follicle remains, and grows new hairs. The people who do the electrolysis process deal with the same issues, and often have to come back to remove new hais that grow from a single or few cells that were not killed off with the first treatments.

The best way to deal with ingrown hairs is to not get them in the first place, of course. But things do happen in spite of our best effort. When you see an red bump, work on it and get that ingrown hair out before it really becomes a problem, like those I described.

Really, I had a plantar's wart on my heel once, that the doctor just could not get all out. I finally pulled it out with tweezers, and it felt like I was pulling my navel out my foot! The darn thing was more than one inch long, indicating that it had grown sideways under my skin layers, to spread. Because I pulled on it slowly , and constantly moved my tweezers down closer to the skin to get a firmer " bite ", and pulled one leg out at a time, I got the whole thing out, with much blood and some intense, but brief pain. But, I did in one night what the doctor had not been able to do in 8 weeks of weekly visits, with her carving on my heel each time under a topical anesthestic. I was only about 9 years old, but I missed a couple of months of " gym" at school and limped badly walking to and from school. That was the worst part of the whole deal. I could not run, or even walk right, because putting any weight on that heel was impossible.

By the time I was old enough to begin shaving, ( age 11), I had all the experience I needed to deal with ingrown hairs, wherever they cropped up. Clogged pores still seem to be the chief cause, so using proper skin bracers, and lotions to close the pores, and lubricate the skin seems to be good prevention, too. No one told me those things when I was that young, and I don't even think my father actually knew that there were things you could use to prevent ingrown hairs from occurring. He used after shave lotion, but that is of minimal use for these problems, more perfume, than anything else.

Howard

Wow Howard, you really do know first hand. These are great options and yeah, I guess that is definitely one way to prevent them from growing in and the quicker you do it, the easier it'll be.

• Members

Howard also mentioned on another thread that if you use some of your shampoo and let it sit for a few minutes it helps soften the hair, and round the ends so they don't ingrow as easily.

I also use Coochy cream, Coochy spray, and a venus vibrance razor. All of those things work well together for me.

If you can afford it, I understand that laser hair removal is more effective and less painful than electrolysis.

• Members

i know this sounds REALLY painful, but when I went and got myself waxed at a professional salon, it helped amazingly, and it's not that painful when someone ELSE does it. (I have one of the LOWEST pain tolerance levels I know of. I can't stand any pain) I will admit is really painful to do it yourself. I'm a natural brunette so I appear to have stubble even when I don't. kwim? so waxing really really helped w/ that. I have to go back in w/in the next coupla weeks, but I love how much better things look. and it took less time than a good shaving normally takes me.

• Members
i know this sounds REALLY painful, but when I went and got myself waxed at a professional salon, it helped amazingly, and it's not that painful when someone ELSE does it. I will admit is really painfull to do it yourself. I'm a natural brunette so I appear to have stubble even when I don't. kwim? so waxing really really helped w/ that. I have to go back in w/in the next coupla weeks, but I love how much better things look. and it took less time than a good shaving normally takes me.

I definitely want to look into it. I get my eyebrows waxed and I don't think it hurts at all...I mean I'm sure it's worse down there hehe...but it's definitely an option, or at least for summer!

• Members

Once you get your first few shaves down it really isn't a problem. Like everyone has said just use a good sharp razor and I've been using that Bikini Zone Shave Gel....Just do it everyday when you bath and you'll be smooth as a baby's ass. I love that bareness and it feels good too!

• Members
Once you get your first few shaves down it really isn't a problem. Like everyone has said just use a good sharp razor and I've been using that Bikini Zone Shave Gel....Just do it everyday when you bath and you'll be smooth as a baby's ass. I love that bareness and it feels good too!

I second the bikini zone shave gel, plus it's cheap and you can find it at any drug store if you run out. I prefer a man's razor for shaving down there, I find that they generally have a smaller head than most women's razors which makes it easier to control and also to fit without having to play contortionist. :lol:

• Members
If you haven't bought Coochie Cream, or the Bikini Zone Gel, but have hair conditioner, you can use it rather than wait for these products to give your skin the protection it needs from razor burns, and to soften the hair to make it cut cleanly. Follow with a good shampoo, and that should close the pores to prevent those nasty infections that give you the red bumps.

As much as I like to encourage people to buy the good creams, etc. most of us already have in our bathrooms all that really is needed, except, possibly, a new, sharp Razor! That is always a MUST!

Howard

I actually tried the conditioner thing, and believe it or not, it gave me a lot of irritation. Normal?

• Members
I actually tried the conditioner thing, and believe it or not, it gave me a lot of irritation. Normal?

It may help to be in the shower with very hot water running!

• Members

Like every other product, not all conditioners are created equal. Perhaps the conditioner you used would do better actally conditioning your hair... hmmm... Conditioner didn't work for me either, though I enjoy masturbating (or being masturbated) in the shower with it.

I still stand by the Origins shave cream product, called Blade Runner. Try it, and I promise you will love it. Follow up with a good skin conditioning after-shave balm... soothes the fire.

My girl does the waxing thing, but on one occasion in particular, we were in the shower, and while I was shaving myself "down there", she expressed some curiosity. I laid her down, and went to work, trimming her clean. It was her first shave down there, and it went well. Smooth and clean and ready for fun (we had lots, by the way) . Everything was fine... Until the next day... the dreaded itch. Just a dab of soothing balm... voila!

What makes the itch? As the hairs are attempting to push their way back out of the skin, they cause that irritation.

Simply, the lubrication and skin softening effects of a soothing balm (I use the one made by l'Occitane) help the little buggers escape. And a good one will also have a cooling, tingly, numbing effect that helps also.

Hope it works out... let me know.

• Members
Irritation of the skin is normally mechanical, not chemical. So, No, I don't think its normal. But without knowing how the hair conditioner affects your scalp normally, I can't know, obviously. You still have to use a new razor, and you still have to let the weight of the razor put the ONLY pressure on your skin as you are shaving. Never try to cut too much, and if the hairs are even as much as 1/4" long, expect to have to relather, and reshave the same area. Don't run the razor over bare skin, even skin that has just been shaved! This is what gets men razor burn on their necks, which often have hair patterns that make it difficult to cut the hairs in straight strokes. In the summer, when heat becomes an issue, shaving neck hairs that grow in swirls, or back and forth patterns, is almost a guarantee for razor burns. Stroke the razor over the area LIGHTLY, and limit the patch to Half of what you might do in better conditions. Rinse the hairs and soap out often.

In the best of times, taking all these precautions, you can still slip and do something too hard, and cause a razor burn. I think it took me 10 years of shaving before I could fairly reliably shave myself in the morning, and get razor burns only about 10% of the time. After 20 years that was cut at least in half, but I was close to 40 when razor burns became a rare event! I knew then I had finally " Arrived ". My second wife used to watch me shave, fascinated at how fast I could shave every morning without nicking myself. I hadn't really noticed in years. As soon as she said something, I nicked myself! Grrrrr! :angry::)

Howard

Lol awhhh that stinks, yes nicks are a pain! I am going to buy some coochie cream when I have a chance because it seems like everyone who uses it seems to have great responses and positive results. And to tyger if she sees this, i got some venus vibrance razor blades, so once I get my coochie cream I should be good to go! :) Thanks everyone.

Gah, like I said, if I get rich I'm getting laser surgery, lol i'll treat everyone. if anyone's interested. =P

• Members
Lol awhhh that stinks, yes nicks are a pain! I am going to buy some coochie cream when I have a chance because it seems like everyone who uses it seems to have great responses and positive results. And to tyger if she sees this, i got some venus vibrance razor blades, so once I get my coochie cream I should be good to go! :) Thanks everyone.

Gah, like I said, if I get rich I'm getting laser surgery, lol i'll treat everyone. if anyone's interested. =P

You'd be bankrupt in minutes making offers like that!

YAY!! Glad you got the razor, littlemiss!!

Now, if there is irritation down there, it can be either mechanical OR chemical. The hair on the scalp isn't the same as an area BEING SHAVED. If you just use conditioner on your pubic hair, to make it softer, that's one thing, but shaving is an invasive thing to do, and it opens up hair follicles, stripping the skin's oils, and, of course, you get knicks.

This sounds a lot scarier than it is. But, in cases like this, you have to view ALL of the possibilities. Conditioners, like any personal hygiene product, has chemicals in it. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to look for something with aloe in it, or, a more natural made product.

Of course, I do LOVE the Coochie Cream too. Though, it's expensive, but very worth it. Plus, a little goes a long way.

• Members
YAY!! Glad you got the razor, littlemiss!!

Now, if there is irritation down there, it can be either mechanical OR chemical. The hair on the scalp isn't the same as an area BEING SHAVED. If you just use conditioner on your pubic hair, to make it softer, that's one thing, but shaving is an invasive thing to do, and it opens up hair follicles, stripping the skin's oils, and, of course, you get knicks.

This sounds a lot scarier than it is. But, in cases like this, you have to view ALL of the possibilities. Conditioners, like any personal hygiene product, has chemicals in it. If you have sensitive skin, you may want to look for something with aloe in it, or, a more natural made product.

Of course, I do LOVE the Coochie Cream too. Though, it's expensive, but very worth it. Plus, a little goes a long way.

Honestly, sounds like the money would be worth it.