Official Community Forums Home

Razor Help Please?

• Members

Actually, I tried Coochy Creme, but I didn't have the results everyone else did. I prefer my Barbasol Silk cream. I tried a bikini zone dipilatory cream, but it was soooooo sore for a couple days.

The best thing that I've used was this stuff I got on Ebay. It's a powder you mix with water, and then let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then using a plastic spoon, I just scrap off the hair. It works pretty good, and I haven't had any irritation from it. It's called Magic Shaving Powder, and it was created for African-American men's beards! Whenever I miss a few hairs, I just shave them off the next day to avoid irritation. I tend to have less ingrown hairs and itch when I use the shaving powder.

• Members
Actually, I tried Coochy Creme, but I didn't have the results everyone else did. I prefer my Barbasol Silk cream. I tried a bikini zone dipilatory cream, but it was soooooo sore for a couple days.

The best thing that I've used was this stuff I got on Ebay. It's a powder you mix with water, and then let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then using a plastic spoon, I just scrap off the hair. It works pretty good, and I haven't had any irritation from it. It's called Magic Shaving Powder, and it was created for African-American men's beards! Whenever I miss a few hairs, I just shave them off the next day to avoid irritation. I tend to have less ingrown hairs and itch when I use the shaving powder.

wow, is it like nair?

or something like that? Sounds wicked interesting!

• Members

My father uses Magic Shaving Powder (since we are African American) so he doesn't get razor bumps. I have used it on my kitty and it does work. It's just a powder that you mix in with water. It doesn't stink like Nair either (I hate that smell). You spread it on with a spoon or knife (dad uses knife, I use spoon).

I can't remember where my dad gets it from. I know he gets it in bulk. I would check Wal*Mart. My father's a tight-wad (even though he's a manager at GE *rolls eyes and scoffs) and shops at places like this all the time lol. Check online for Magic Shaving Powder.

EDIT: OH, OH!! You can buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply Store!! If you have one of those near you, you can get it there. Hee hee, this just popped into my head.

• Members
My father uses Magic Shaving Powder (since we are African American) so he doesn't get razor bumps. I have used it on my kitty and it does work. It's just a powder that you mix in with water. It doesn't stink like Nair either (I hate that smell). You spread it on with a spoon or knife (dad uses knife, I use spoon).

I can't remember where my dad gets it from. I know he gets it in bulk. I would check Wal*Mart. My father's a tight-wad (even though he's a manager at GE *rolls eyes and scoffs) and shops at places like this all the time lol. Check online for Magic Shaving Powder.

EDIT: OH, OH!! You can buy it at Sally's Beauty Supply Store!! If you have one of those near you, you can get it there. Hee hee, this just popped into my head.

Oooh lol, so wait, why not use it instead? Of like coochie cream or whatever if it works that well.

You can use it on your area? lol, cause a lot of those products don't let you.

• Members

I will have to look for Magic Shave powder this weekend. I remember when I worked at Walmart we stocked it there. :D Thanks for mentioning it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

littlemissnoname and others, I have used the magic cream and it works really well also, but I don't care for the smell. I found that my wife's Gillette Razor with the lotion strips built on (The Breeze or something....) works better than just about anything else out there. No Razor burn, no irritation, just smooth.

• Members

I shave with a mach 3 in the shower with no cream. No big thing.

Thurisas.

• Members

For me, no, but that isn't going to be the same case for everyone. Each person has a different chemistry and each person reacts differently...especially in those sensitive areas.

Thurisas.

• Members
For me, no, but that isn't going to be the same case for everyone. Each person has a different chemistry and each person reacts differently...especially in those sensitive areas.

Thurisas.

Yeah this is true, I have extremely sensitive skin.

• Members
even sensitive skin areas "toughen up" after a period of time...every boy who started shaving his face ,or girl who started shaving her legs get experience in what razor to use, and what strokes to use, what direction to stroke in, etc...time is a good teacher...that, and a good AFTER shave balm...i like nivea for men..works on the face, works on the 'down under'.

oooh.

Yeah I am just sick of the little shadow thing! lol.

• Members

Yes, when I use the razor with the lotion already on it, I don't use any other lather or products except aftershave. The only thing that leaves me smoother longer is the black magic cream stuff, I prefer the razor though.

• Members

I usually just shave underneath on my outer lip area but Sunday shaved the lot, hubby did not know and was pleasantly surprised but by God its itching today so I will have to shave again later. I guess it will be easier as I am just trimming and not going from fully grown to bare but are there any electric shavers that are any good. IE ladyshave etc.....

Thanks

• Members

thunder...

a good after-shave lotion does wonders... they'll soften the skin, and soothe