Official Community Forums Home

Kids

nosleepnmesa

• Members

Well I know I have talked to Tyger, along with Whiskeywomen in depth about this. I am leaving Thursday night to MO, for my daughter to meet her real father's side of the family. Her father commited suicide when she was 2 months old, recently she started asking alot of questions about him and certain things came up. I made contact with them after 11yrs and needless to say her grandmother on that side is still a heartless,mean person. She kidnapped my daughter when she was 2months my daughter is aware of this etc. I have also been in touch with her uncles and aunt on her fathers side.

This whole situation makes me sick, the things we do for our children. A little back round her father was a very abusive man, his family was into drugs etc. His mother was a horrible person not only to him but others as well. Since my daughter keeps being persistant I have decided to drive to MO and meet her aunt there along with her older sister who she has never met. I am returning Monday sometime. My husband is concearned for safety issues but also relizes that this may be not only what my daughter needs, but a way for me to close that chapter in my life and deal with it instead of stuffing it for all these years. We will be going tot he cemetary to, which of course I have not been to since the day of the funeral. I am scared and extremely nervous, without knowing what they will actually do. I am praying for the best and for a safe drive I am going to drive straight threw since this needs to be a quick trip.

Keep us in your prayers and thoughts I think I am gonna need all the positive energy I can get. I am sure my husband will post alot while I am gone and I know that you all will keep him smiling. The things sometimes we do for our children. Even after her biological grandmother on that side left a horrible message to her she still doesnt seem to believe the way that family is so off we go .

Best wishes with that. I hope your daughter finds what she's looking for. I'd put the police department's phone number in that area, right in your cell number, that way if there's any problems, or if you feel like you/daughter is in danger, help is a phone call away. I wish you and your daughter the very best with all that! *HUGS*

• Members

Katprr,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please be safe on the roads. I agree with Tyger--put the number for the police in your phone. I hope your daughter finds what she needs to find---and that you can find some peace in the situation.

• Members

Well Kat, you gotta do what you think is best.

Have your hubby IM me when you get back, cause I know you are going to be physically and emotionally drained after all this, and in no mood for the puter.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be careful.

lots of hugs.

And LOADS of good wishes and prayers your way.

• Members

I hope everything works in the best interest of your daughter. This does sound like a powder keg awaiting the spark to ignite it. My thoughts are with you hoping you have a safe and productive trip. Please check out your vehicle thoroughly including tires and make sure you have an emergency kit and even a few snack crackers and/or candy bars included in case the weather decides to cause you problems. Hope everything works otu for all of you!

• Members

Best thoughts for you and your daughter as well as for a safe, productive trip. I hope your daughter gets what she needs from this, even if it's not the rosey picture she's hoping it to be, and I hope you're able to close that chapter of your life once and for all. I bet the both of you will have a much different appreciation for one another as well as what you have at home after this bonding. Safe travels...