Official Community Forums Home

Ways To Hold Off A Period

mailahn97

• Members

I am so mad. My SO has been sick for almost 3 weeks. Well he is planning a nice romatic night for tomorrow night and I am starting to get indications that my period may be coming on. Is there any way to hold it off for a day or two. We haven't been able to be together for 3 weeks and were really looking forward to tomorrow night. Is there anyway of holding it off. Not sure if there even is a way. Any help is greatly appreciate.

• Members
I am so mad. My SO has been sick for almost 3 weeks. Well he is planning a nice romatic night for tomorrow night and I am starting to get indications that my period may be coming on. Is there any way to hold it off for a day or two. We haven't been able to be together for 3 weeks and were really looking forward to tomorrow night. Is there anyway of holding it off. Not sure if there even is a way. Any help is greatly appreciate.

The only way I know of is medication from a Dr. You'd have to call yours and ask. Sorry the timing is so bad, what a bummer.

Maybe you can still have the great evening? Barring you feel up to it and he is ok with it, go ahead and make love, My husband and I don't let my period stand in the way.

• Members

We have done it on my time as well. It is just that the first day is normally worse. I have heard before about birthd control putting it off. I wasn't sure as I do have that in my possession and was also curious if that would work. It is just rotten because he has been sick for the last 3 weeks and the night before he got sick was the night he got back after being out of town for 3 weeks 2 visiting family and 1 for work. So in the last 6 weeks we have only been together once. Whereas it used to be almost everyday. It just sucks.

Thanks for the advice.

• Members

iha thank you for your ideas as well. I know there are other ways to have fun. That is for sure. I am just bummed because we have been teasing each other all day today and tonight as we couldnt' be together tonight as I had some things for my daughter to handle. We thought it would be fun to build up til tomorrow and then tonight I was like oh no this can't be happening.

Guest eminatic

yes, with birth control you can literally allow your period to happen whenever you want, however the "default" settings are to have it every 28 days. i only know how to alter a period with the types of birth control that contain the "blank" pills. however doing this is not healthy or recommended.

have you ever heard of the Instead Softcup? (www.softcup.com)

basically you insert it, and it fits right under your cervix (where menstrual fluid comes out) forming an airtight seal as it collects everything. the seal prevents any smell, and you can wear it during sex.

• Members

I ownder if any pharmacies carry it as I won't have time to wait for it to come in. The birth control I have has the blank pills. I was going to go on them but my SO due to a medical condition which I have known about he unfortuantely can not have children. It is a proven fact so I had it filled and then never took any. They are still sitting here.

• Members

So far no luck. I went to 2 cvs', a Walgreens and a Walmart and none carry it even though the website for the company says they do.

I am gonna call in the morning when someone in the pharmacy part is in and ask them as when I ask different clerks they had no clue what I was talking about.

• Members

CVS/Walgreens/Wal-Mart, etc. carries a disposable version called Instead. They are in the tampon/pad isle and may be hard to locate on the shelf because most places only carry one or two boxes. It's a purple box!

Good Luck!

Meg

So far no luck. I went to 2 cvs', a Walgreens and a Walmart and none carry it even though the website for the company says they do.

I am gonna call in the morning when someone in the pharmacy part is in and ask them as when I ask different clerks they had no clue what I was talking about.

• Members

I did call another CVS and they do have it. I am very happy. I am on my way over there now to get it. Thank you everyone.

I learned something today......does that mean I can go back to bed now? LOL

• Members

I just went and got it. Thanks to everyone. It saved our very special night. He won't even tell me any of the details. I know we are going out to dinner he told me to dress up and to make sure I had someone to watch my daughter all night. I am excited.

• Members

That is just awesome and you are soooo lucky, I want to hear how the special night went. I never had that happen to me, but I bet it would be so much fun. Like a real date. Especially to be asked to dress up and know that the entire evening is just for the two of you. Very romantic and sexy. I hope you two have a blast!

• Members

He is very romantic and is always planning things like this for me. It is so total opposite from the relationshi I was previously in. I can't wait. He has been sending me emails with hints as well as phone calls. Then a little while ago I received flowers from him. I have become very lucky.

Guest eminatic
CVS/Walgreens/Wal-Mart, etc. carries a disposable version called Instead. They are in the tampon/pad isle and may be hard to locate on the shelf because most places only carry one or two boxes. It's a purple box!

yes thats the one i was talking about! :D

in fact, most stores DO carry it, but no one ever buys it so the employees most likely dont even know its there (i worked at Target for 3 years and never knew that we had it! XD) sorry i guess i should have mentioned before that its in the aisle with the pads and tampons (not the pharmacy) and for some reason in alot of stores its always waaay on the top where i cant reach it without climbing up on the shelves :lol:

• Members

I hope you are enjoying your special night as I type! The flirting thing definitely shows that there is more to come! HAVE A GREAT EVENING!

• Members

He has to be the most romantic man I know. We took a nice long bath together and made love. Then I got out and he dried me completely off and gave me a very nice massage which of course let to making love again. We had a very nice night. We made love several times last night and it felt so nice after being apart like we have been. Since February 13th we have had him away for 2 weeks visiting family and the week before that he was sick...then he got back home and we were together and then he got that flu which lasted over 3 weeks. So to be together last night was so nice. Thank you all for your help.

• Members

So glad it worked out for!

This is info I also learned from. I didn't know about this product - I will store that info in my head for future reference! ;)

• Members

So glad I found this thread. I have 3 kids and DH and I rarely get any time alone, aside from quickies before the kids interrupt. :rolleyes: We finally have a chance to have a real "date" on May 3, when the kids will be gone all day for about 5 hours! B) However, if my calculations are correct, I should be right smack in the middle of AF that day. :( I really hope not, but just in case, I might do what you did and get the Instead cup. I've been looking at it before anyway, so now's as good a time as any to try it. Do you mind telling me how much it was?

Glad you had a great night! It sounds wonderful! :D

Guest eminatic
I've been looking at it before anyway, so now's as good a time as any to try it. Do you mind telling me how much it was?

i bought mine a long time ago (i dont use em too often) but i believe mine was around $8.00-$10.00 for a 24 pack, though they do come in smaller packs.

• Members

I picked it up at CVS and it was $8 for a 14 pack. I will definately keep them in now just in case.