Official Community Forums Home

Gas Went Up Again, 10 Cents!

Tyger

I got gas yesterday morning, and requested some Vaseline, when only putting $15 in (which barely gave me over a quarter of a tank). When I went back into town to get my daughter from school, it went up 10 whole cents!!

• Members
I got gas yesterday morning, and requested some Vaseline, when only putting $15 in (which barely gave me over a quarter of a tank). When I went back into town to get my daughter from school, it went up 10 whole cents!!

It's getting to where I just back up to the pump since I'm getting screwed anyway.

And we don't even get a kiss when they have finished with us.

MOHD

• Members

Emily and I were JUST talking about gas prices. Supply and demand. I'm lucky in that I only have to get gas once or twice a month (getting about 40 mpg.) It generally runs me about $53 to fill up - but I use Super or higher. I remember when gas was 99 cents a gallon!

post-1759-1210793850.jpg

• Members
Emily and I were JUST talking about gas prices. Supply and demand. I'm lucky in that I only have to get gas once or twice a month (getting about 40 mpg.) It generally runs me about $53 to fill up - but I use Super or higher. I remember when gas was 99 cents a gallon!

post-1759-1210793850.jpg

I drive 102 miles a day round trip to work and back. I have been driving my wifes car lately because my 4X4 Dodge Ram gets about 12 miles a gallon. Even driving the car I have to fill up twice a week at about $55 a pop.

Heck I'm a lot older but I remember when gas was 18.9 cents a gallon. I was a junior in high school and could fill up my car for less than $4. Those were the days.

• Members

its $3.60 here. its really starting to hurt the wallet. luckily, since i work for the transportation dept. and the school, i get picked up in front of my house, so i dont have to us my car as much. we have cut back going out, to conserve our gas. :angry:

• Members

Is is $3.65 here. I do remember the days of the Carter administration. I remember timing trips to the closest big city so that we would drive in on fumes so Dad could get the best price on gas...

Guest eminatic

i've never really had a problem with the gas prices until very recently.

i'm from California so when i moved to nevada i was shocked to see that gas here is dirt cheap (and people were complaining about $2.60 a few months ago! :lol: ) but now its really starting to catch up. <_<

• Members

3.59 here... 45 min to work for hubby, 1 hr to school for daughter, and me care pool UGH!

When I worked at Sears, I never worried about gas prices, and I had a 40 min. commute (and a Firebird to boot!) each way. Now, even with my wonderfully gas-saving car I have, I don't go into town unless I absolutely have too. It's ridiculous. If the "stimulus checks" are suppose to stimulate the economy, I would think that most people would probably put it in their tanks!!!

Guest eminatic
If the "stimulus checks" are suppose to stimulate the economy, I would think that most people would probably put it in their tanks!!!

haha true, and thats exactly what the government does NOT want you to do. D:

• Members

it's over $4 now where I live... it's gotten so bad that people at my university go over into Mass to get gas....

What's really bad is I don't yet have my license so I rely on my mother to drive me (I have no time to get it... lol)... but because of the prices, my mother won't drive me out to see my boyfriend.... but hopefully he can take a bus here.... O.o'

• Members

It's 4.05 up here. I blame Canada, cause that's what everyone tells me. Oy. I lucky only have a two minute commute, literally. However to do anything worth doing (besides my boy) Costs $10 if I were just to drive into town and turn around, actually driving IN town, forget it. I park and walk. One of the guys at my station has a crush on me and pumps my gas for me (for free) so i guess that's kinda like using lube when getting raped.

• Members
It's 4.05 up here. I blame Canada, cause that's what everyone tells me. Oy. I lucky only have a two minute commute, literally. However to do anything worth doing (besides my boy) Costs $10 if I were just to drive into town and turn around, actually driving IN town, forget it. I park and walk. One of the guys at my station has a crush on me and pumps my gas for me (for free) so i guess that's kinda like using lube when getting raped.

last summer we went to niagara falls in canada and gas there was $10 a gallon almost a year ago!!! i hate to see what it is there now :o of course im sure they jacked up the prices because it was a tourist area.

• Members

It's suppose to get worse before it gets better, and the news the other said there is no end in sight...thats scary

• Members

I'm stickin' to my firm belief that we'd all be better off if we went back to horse and buggy. :D Of course, as Thurisas reminds me, it'd take him three days to get to work instead of an hour... :rolleyes::lol:

• Members

bad news, I'm a mechanic and a guy i know that hauls oil for KORC who has nailed every price jump so far told me that in june it will jump to 4.25 here in ky. it's 3.86 here now. we all need to send a message and pick a day and no one drive.

• Members
The fuel prices are bad enough... but the affect it's having on everything else is outrageous!

i know what you mean...food prices here have really gone up. If you want to buy fresh veggies and fruit you pay twice as much as 6 months ago. Where does it end? $5.00/gallon?

• Members

They have a new trick here now to add to this BS. They call it ET10. There is a 10% mixture of Ethanol mixed into the fuel which makes it cheaper for the stations but if your vehicle is over 20 years old it will eventually destroy your engine! They do not label this at the pump. In July they've have decided that all fuels shall be labeled at the pump but TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!

• Members

Yeah it's 3.99 here! Highest here is 4.05, lowest I have seen is 3.95. It's sad how high it has gone to.

• Members

I read yesterday a story linked from Drudge report that congress was looking to tack on a Global warming tax between $1.50 to $5 per gallon. Then I heard someone did a poll what people thought about paying more so not to harm the enviroment. We'll damn americans, they decided to say screw the enviroment and have cheaper gas. Now people want to stop using corn as an alternative fuel and drill in Alaska. Can't say I don't support them. Don't tell me it isnt a hoax, can't even afford bananas anymore. Hell a gallon of milk cost the same as a gallon of gas.

Glenn

Guest eminatic

the cost of food rising is actually mostly due to the fact that we use corn for gas.

-it costs more to produce

-more corn going towards gas means less for eating

-farmers are beginning to switch their crops to corn, because it is now worth more, thus there are far less OTHER crops being grown, and THIS is the main reason why the cost of food has gone up, NOT because of the gas prices themselves.

• Members
They do not label this at the pump. In July they've have decided that all fuels shall be labeled at the pump but TOO LITTLE TOO LATE!

Really? cause every gas station around here has it posted on their pumps. Maybe it's required in NY, but hey i have to say (and no offense to anyone with an older car) anything to lower gas prices. IN NY they want to do away with the sales tax on gas for teh summer (just the summer only) but I really don't see this being too much of a help, sure it'll be good RIGHT NOW but in three montsh when it's shot back up and is now being taxed we're gonna get screwed. I say, no tax on it ever. Sadly it's become a nessecity. Legalize pot and tax teh hell out of that. There's some good money in that I've heard....

• Members

I commute 130 miles round trip, lucky for me I have a friend that lives close by the hospital I work at so I stay there.

I filled up tonight at Costco for 3.86 a gallon for the cheap stuff.

We are really seeing the price increase on the farm diesel is outrageous, chicken and cattle feed have almost doubled in the last year and a half and we can’t raise our prices enough to make up for it.

Remember this when you pay at the check stands the farmer is paying more too and can’t pass the increase on to you to make a profit.

This is most definitely a rock and a hard place.

• Members
the cost of food rising is actually mostly due to the fact that we use corn for gas.

-it costs more to produce

-more corn going towards gas means less for eating

-farmers are beginning to switch their crops to corn, because it is now worth more, thus there are far less OTHER crops being grown, and THIS is the main reason why the cost of food has gone up, NOT because of the gas prices themselves.

Thats right and corn is used as feed for live stock. A few years ago it ws announced they would begin using corn to make ethonal for cars( better for the enviroment) and the prices of food began to climb. Started out with dairy which impacted cheese( I like cheese) which made me mad because I dont consume milk by it self but I will consume cheese in my normal diet. Problem with enviromentalist is they know little what they talk about, lobby for stuff that comes back to harm everyone else which elected officals decides to listion and impliment there suggestions. Then it like "were sorry, we didnt know but our intentions were good".

Glenn

• Members

That's just insane. When I was old enough to understand (and care about) all this, it was $7 in France and $0.14 in Venezuela. That was about 3 years ago.... I wonder how much has changed...

Next idea. Let's all move to South America! -.-'