Official Community Forums Home

Wedding Nights

• Members

On our wedding night we partied way too much and I kind of passed out at the end of the night (partly exhaustion too) and we never had sex that night. After 20 years my husband still complains about this. We did have sex the next morning and it's not like we'd never had sex before. How was your wedding night?

• Members

screw that if i do get married, I plan on having sex that morning (just blindfolding him so he can't see me.) That came across harsher than I meant. I want to be able to party like a rock star after my wedding, and I may not have enough energy to "consumate" so at least it'd be sex on our wedding day

• Members

I think the whole idea of a blissful wedding night is a myth. We did have sex that night (first time for us) but it was a little weird and awkward and that whole honeymoon was more of a "getting to know you" than it was a blissful experience. Sex is so much better after many years of marriage than it was at the beginning. There is nothing magic about having sex right after your wedding, in my opinion.

• Members

My ex and I had a disappointing night. He told me he rented the wedding suite, but when we arrived, it was like any other room (he hadn't rented it). We tried to cram ourselves into the tub and have a relaxing bath and drink champagne but it was too awkward. Then we just went to bed..he wanted to but I was just too tired. Suzy P has it right..have sex earlier and then you can party like you want to....it was the last time I saw my grandpa alive and met some relatives I didn't know I had...they crashed the wedding!

• Members

We actually had a little fight on our wedding night and didn't do anything. We'd more than made up for it before the wedding night and since then as well. I think there was a little guilt because you're "Supposed" to have sex that night, but that was gotten over years and years ago.

Randy.

• Members

We were both exhausted on our wedding night. I took a shower to get all the birdseed and shit out of my boobs and the shit out of my hair. Then, I crawled into bed with my new husband and we had a major QUICKIE. Basically, I got on him, moved a bit - orgasm. That was all. It was simply a gesture of consumating our marriage because we FELT like we had to. This is actually the norm. Unless you leave your wedding reception at 8:00 like a smart person (and who wants to leave the party???) you are most likely not having mind-blowing sex!

We had the best sex the next morning in the shower....and the next afternoon....and the next night.....and the next morning......

• Members

we were to tired to. we made up for it in the morning though. :P

we didn't have a honeymoon for a few reasons. the main being we had all his friends in family in from norway, and we had to play tour guide. his friends and father did not care, but his mother however, threw a temper tantrum because she said she deserved our undivided attention. I did not want to start any fights so i just kept my mouth shut and dealt with it. i wish now i hadn't .

• Members

We had a great time! It was just us getting married in Jamaica. Our cermony was at 9 am on the beach. We spent the rest of the day in bed drinking champagne and doing other things. It was a lot of fun! Later on in the day we ventured out to the pool and beach.

• Members

Ours was about the same as Mikayla's - quickie to consumate - then I fell asleep while he watched "The Running Man" on tv....hmmm - I still fall asleep when he's watching tv. We weren't virgins when we got married, but felt like we HAD to do it.....very late night. I do remember thinking the lovely lingerie I got didn't last long....my Mom had told me not to spend too much on something that's gonna end up on the floor! LOL! I didn't - and it did - real quick!

• Members

I am determined to consummate on my wedding night, should I ever get married (still undecided on whether I'd want to or not.) If I do, I want only a VERY small wedding party... I have never been much of one for weddings or parties, my family isn't very close, and honestly I think it would be more stressful and awkward for me than anything else. I'd rather have a brief wedding (hell, maybe even just go down to the courthouse and get the papers like my parents did,) then spend the rest of the day really celebrating the union with the person I'd just promised to spend the rest of my life with. Followed, of course, by a freaking fantastic honeymoon. That's another plus to having a small wedding... more money for travel!!

• Members
I think the whole idea of a blissful wedding night is a myth. We did have sex that night (first time for us) but it was a little weird and awkward and that whole honeymoon was more of a "getting to know you" than it was a blissful experience. Sex is so much better after many years of marriage than it was at the beginning. There is nothing magic about having sex right after your wedding, in my opinion.

I completely agree that sex is better after many years of marriage!!! Right after we were married, I was afraid of doing something wrong, or looking funny (got over that one fairly quickly thank God) :D

• Members

We did, I remember having underwear issues because I wore a corset under my gown with stockings and garters. I should have put my undies on over my garters so I could take them off and leave on the rest you know but it ended up being a pain. We did have sex but I don't remember orgasming. I think I did not, as was the way things were back then. I only would orgasm about 33% of the time. We did open cards, count $$ gifts and ordered room service :)

• Members

Wow, my2cents... Although your mother-in-law sounds like a complete b!tch for trying to ruin your day, the setting itself sounds GORgeous and obviously one you'll never forget.

SO sweet about the "mystery gift," too! What a NICE guy!

• Members

Well I am with the most of you here. My wedding night by the time we left the party. We both were so exhausted we took a shower and snuggled in the bed. Of course though we had awesome sex the night before to try to relieve some of our nerves and stress. The next morning was amazing to. So your not the only one who was to tired. Hell I think we got in from the party at midnight. :P

• Members

I was a virgin the night of, had an afternoon wedding, drove across the river to a hotel after the reception, so got in at like 9, watched tv for a couple of hours, he got a shower, i slipped into something "nice," he got out of the shower, looked surprised, we had awkward sex (i think because we expected to have sex, not because we wanted to), and went to sleep. The next morning, however, was better, and the honeymoon was better yet :).

• Members

The Wife and I got married in Memphis, Tenn and drove back to Jacksonville, AR for the reception, I sped like a demon and got head on the way home. We checked in to a one night hotel(we were leaving for the Honeymoon in the morning) and we had sex twice before the reception. Once with her on top, once doggie style in front of a full length mirror. If there was someone in the next room, there was no doubt as to what we were up to....we went to the reception, had fun, went back to the room, ordered pizza and had sex one more time before going to sleep.

M2C, hate that for you, but don't judge all LDS people on her. We're not all bad people.

• Members

Sorry, can't relate, my husband put a lot of effort and thought into our wedding night. It help, that our wedding started fairly early :kiss:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yep just like everyone else, too tired on our wedding night to have sex. If you a guy it just gets you ready for the rest of you life :D

When we arrived on the cruise ship the next day for our honeymoon we did not leave the cabin for hours so I guese we made up for it B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We had a major fight right after our wedding. We did actually have sex though I don't remember a thing about it. Now many times before and after I remember every detail. So I am on the band wagon of it not being a mind blowing experience.

• Members

:blink:When my wife and I got married we had sex that night and at least twice a day

for the week long honeymoon. That was 18 years ago now Im lucky if we do it once

every month or even two.

Nope, we didn't consumate our marriage the night of the wedding. We did immediately the following morning though.

Our wedding day was July 4th, and due to lack of money, we had our wedding & reception at my Mom's house, which was also kinda nostalgic, since it was at the house I grew up at. Grass was really green, and it was super HOT & HUMID that day! We had to do our own set up, take down, and putting stuff away (people didn't want to help at all), so, by the time we got checked in at a local motel, we didn't even have the energy to go see the fireworks! We crashed!!! LOL Plus, I was pregnant too (not the reason we got married at all), so I was super tired anyway!

• Members

We were both exausted by the time we got to our room that night. The wife was working nights at the time and had been up for around 36 hours and was just "Too Numb To Cum" so it was once and done the first night. We made up for it the next couple of days though!

Man