Official Community Forums Home

Afterglow Massage Candle

hollybw

• Members

JJAGsetmain.jpg

Afterglow Natural Massage Candle

“Great while lit, even better in the dark. More than a candle, it’s an encounter.” This statement, read in the literature inclosed in the box containing the Afterglow Massage Candle, had us excited and ready for what has become a routine activity for our aching bodies...

Massages are a usual part of our daily lives - and foreplay, as Hubby and I both have back problems, and we frequently try to help each other out in that aspect - even if not for foreplay. Therefore, the Afterglow Massage Candle from JimmyJane seemed a nice selection to help us help each other...

The scent we received is called “Fig Leaf.” I really love this herbal scent, as it smells something like a men’s cologne. It is free of paraffin and dyes. Also, as an added bonus, this product comes with the BEST matches we have ever used - not a book, but a large, sturdy box, with thick-sticked matches, easily stricken on it’s side.

We lit this candle while preparing for our alone time, as the instructions ask to give the candle enough burning time to let the oil melt (suggested 30 minutes). First, we drew a hot bath, lit regular burning candles around the tub and in our bedroom, and set out our toys of choice. After a nice bath, along with some brief, humorous argument over who got the first massage, I led Hubby to the bed. The candle had been lit long enough for plenty of oil to pool into the glass, be blown out (be sure to do this first!), and be drizzled onto our backs for long, sensual rub-downs. Once melted, the oil was just the right temperature - not too hot, not too cool - just perfect. We later noticed how incredibly soft and supple our skin felt after our massages, even a few days and a few showers later.

The packaging states that the candle has the ability to amazingly burn for 42 long hours. Of course, if it is used for multiple massages, it will not last nearly as long, as the oil will be poured out. However, I will say that we have given about 3 massages apiece to each other by now, and we still have over half of the candle left for several more awaited sessions to come.

I have to admit that this is sort of an expensive candle at $25, but I really believe it is very well worth the price - I think this is definately something we will buy as soon as we use it all, and we would likely pay more, knowing how much we have enjoyed it. We really are impressed with the quality and the possibilities of this item, the Afterglow Massage Candle.

A definate 5 STARS!!!

http://shop.tootimid.com/index.asp?PageAct...amp;ProdID=5741

• Members

I am a candle freak!! Thanks for the great review

• Members

I was thinking about these and now you have sold me on it. Sounds like it will last through wuite a bit which is good to hear. Great reveiw. Thank you.

• Members
I was thinking about these and now you have sold me on it. Sounds like it will last through wuite a bit which is good to hear. Great reveiw. Thank you.

If you were "thinking" about this one - definately try it! I highly recommend and so does my hubby!

We love the way it makes our skin feel! ;)

• Members

already done. I am addicted to this site...we need a TTA....lol

• 1 year later...
  • Members

JJAGsetmain.jpg

Never has a JimmyJane product steered me wrong, so I was very enthusiastic to recieve this unique candle / massage oil. The concept is simple: a wonderfully smelling candle to light for romantic ambience that also doubles as hot, slick, sensual, scented, massage oil. How can this be you ask, well I am gonna tell you.

Let's begin with the presentation of this candle. It comes in a nice box and the candle itself is housed in a square, glass jar. Our send was Black Currant and it was delicious! On top of the candle is a big box of matches. Good ole' fashioned matches - and plenty of them. This could definitely be given as a bridal shower gift!

Once the candle is lit, the parafin-free oil begins to pool at the top like a normal candle. Give it at least 30 minutes of time before you use it as a massage oil. For us, lighting the candle at the beginning of our foreplay period worked well. We easily moved from foreplay to massage.

I was the lucky recipient of the first massage, as my hubby is not a fan of 'hot wax.' However, he will be getting the next massage because this was not at all hot. Once we blew out the candle, the oil started to cool, so by the time it was dribbled delectably on my back it was the perfect warm temperature. It really, really felt divine! Soft, smooth, slick and it really didn't take too long to absorb into my skin. It made my skin soft and not at all sticky (like many massage products might).

I would recommend this product to anyone! Plus, with 42 hours of burn time (give or take) you can massage your hearts out and enjoy the lovely after glow of sensual sex when you are all loosened up from your lovely massage!

• Review Team
Great. I know what she is getting next time i need a gift.

Thank you for the informative review

We got this and LOVE it too! You are right archer, it would make a great gift.

• 11 months later...

JJAGsetmain.jpg

Afterglow Natural Massage Oil Candle

Soft music playing, bed made up nice & neat, lingerie, candle light, and a soft relaxing scent floating through the air…..what could be more romantic than that? Add to it, the promise of a nice, relaxing massage. But wait, where’s the massage oil? It’s one of the candles!

I get a new shipment of items, and, lo & behold, I pull out a Jimmy Jane Afterglow Massage Candle. I get a little skeptical at first, because I’m very picky when it comes to what I like in candle scents. I don’t like an overly floral/perfume-y scent. I like musks, & more natural scents. Then, I saw that it was a Jimmy Jane product, & my skepticism was waning. The box this candle came in was very nice, tasteful, & well-written. Perfect for gift-giving to anyone. Good quality candles are kind of pricey, as well as good quality massage oil, so you get the best of both worlds wrapped into one white candle.

Lifting the lid, I was greeted by 2 simple words: MELT ME. How perfect! Taking everything out of the box, I got an instructional booklet, 7 wooden matches in a slide-cardboard box, a large brush resembling a blush brush, & the candle, which is Fig Leaf scent. I loved the fact that it came with wooden matches, because that’s the preferred lighting method for a more natural, “pure” way to light things.

The candle is made of all natural ingredients, & has a lead-free wick, so it burns clean, & evenly. You get about 42 hours worth of burn time with it, which, just think of all of the sensual massages you can get with THAT! The brush has a nice thick white handle, and the bristles are a good quality, making a thick brush, which you can use to apply the oil, which is recommended that you burn the candle for 30 minutes before attempting to use to massage.

I was alone one night, from a hard day of learning my responsibilities for my new job, so I thought I’d treat myself to a nice leg massage. I removed the seal off the top of the candle, and was greeted with a nice, clean, musky scent of fig leaves, which passed my finicky candle-scent nose. Using a match from the set, the wick caught quickly, & burned well. I was treated to a nice fragrance in the room, while the candle burned. Allowing the allotted time to get the oil good & soft, I snuffed out the candle, dipped in the brush, & started at the top of my legs, I slowly brushed the oil on easily, which felt luxurious, & then massaged it in well, kneading it in slowly, giving my muscles a chance to feel pampered & relaxed. I could smell the fig leaf still in the oil, & my body soaked up some of it. I rubbed the rest of what was left on the brush, to the dry parts of my body, like my elbows, ankles, & worked it into my hands as well. I loved how it felt all over, not greasy, or sticky. But remember, it IS an oil, so I wouldn’t recommend using them on your feet unless you have some terry socks on afterward (so you don’t slip). I felt so soft, & smelled so good!

Washing the brush off with warm water, the oily wax came off easily. The next morning, I took a shower, & the water beaded off my soft legs (which is where I’d applied most of the oil) & my legs, arms, & hands still felt very soft & held a slight fig leaf scent.

I’d recommend any of these candles for anyone, for gift giving and/or personal use. Treat yourself to a night of romance, pampering, & candlelight.

http://shop.tootimid.com/after-glow-massage-candle.aspx