Official Community Forums Home

Need Some Help With Dating

Beavis

• Members
i dont know about other girls, but i'd sure wish more guys would approach me. i know me and alot of other girls may like a guy but we would never make the first move because its "the guy's job" (go ahead and call me old fashioned)

i always hear guys complaining that the good girls are always dating jerks and thus like to be treated like crap. i think the truth is that a large majority of girls want the guy to approach THEM first, and the only ones that have the balls to do it are usually jerks, thus they end up dating jerks since no one else will approach them. :huh:

After all that has been done in the name of equality this is just terrible. I know you say the guys are complaining but if you really listen the girls are probably doing the same thing!

• Members

I could be considered one of the jerks. I've been called half pick up artist, and half bleeding heart romantic.

Hell...a lot of it is just finding yourself. I find that 90% of dating is internal. It actually is a lot about how you act and how the girl percieves you're acting, not how she's acting. If you're happy with yourself, and enjoying yourself, it should be a fun date. My mentality, is to just do what you feel you should do. If a girl seems like you want to approach her, hell, if you even want to approach a girl, just do it.

Also Vanilla bean, I totally do the finger guns thing, but only out of habit and as a joke ;-P

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hey man it's me. We've talked about a few of my issues, I think I have a little something for you. All the other advice is great don't get me wrong, but to meet a girl you don't have to come up with some Bellamy Bros. stuff (if I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me). Beavis and Butthead, some girls dig that, I know I lived in Florida for a few years. What ever is you be that guy. Throw a million signals out, you may get 50 back, but then you have 50 to chose from. Always be honest to yourself and her. Hope I can help.

• Members

Ok I don't really get the part in the parentheses. Are you personally saying that? Thanks for the help. I had the chance to flirt the other night but chicken butt me decided not to. Plus I didn't look for a ring so I didn't want to risk it. I'm more honest with her than myself.

• Members

Way to go! The thing with waitresses rarely works, but it's a good way to build confidence anyway :)

• Members
Yeah I bet it did. Ok I need a good flirt line for when I'm at a place like an ice cream parlor. I wanted to flirt at Marble Slab tonight but I just couldn't find my words.

Korn.. when in there again, ask her "How does this ice cream stay frozen with you around?"

• Members
Korn.. when in there again, ask her "How does this ice cream stay frozen with you around?"

Omg Aiden that is perfect.If I had, had that yesterday it would have been perfect not only cause she was hot and beautiful and wearing short shorts. Thank you Thank you Thank you.

• Members

Umm...pick up lines seem a little bit obvious. You're really going to make a much better impression in most cases to engage her intellectually rather than trying to flatter her beauty. Typically a pretty girl will already know she's pretty because a hundred guys will have already done what you're about to do. My suggestion would be to engage her in conversation...normal everyday conversation. Let her see you're not just a guy, you're actually a semi-intelligent being who is looking past the pretty and to what else might be there.

Randy.

Umm...pick up lines seem a little bit obvious. You're really going to make a much better impression in most cases to engage her intellectually rather than trying to flatter her beauty. Typically a pretty girl will already know she's pretty because a hundred guys will have already done what you're about to do. My suggestion would be to engage her in conversation...normal everyday conversation. Let her see you're not just a guy, you're actually a semi-intelligent being who is looking past the pretty and to what else might be there.

Randy.

I have to agree here. Shallow, self-centered girls may consider pick up lines ego boosts, cute, and fun. But smart, secure women will find it a bit insulting (at least I did). Yeah, I will admit that they felt good with the attention, however, they're so overused, I considered the guy too "common", and simple to try and stand out from the crowd, and I blew the pick up liners off.

One man started flirting with me by asking about my tattoo, nicely, not crudely, and got me engaged in conversations about cars (I love old muscle cars). I had another guy (Junior) come up to me, give me his cell number, asked for mine, and said "I am GOING to call you". And he did.

I've never been overly shy, and I've hit on men just by saying "Wow, you're tall!", which caught one man's attention, and passing my business card onto another, saying "If you're single, call me."

My now husband and I talked as friends first, then, one day, out of the blue, he said that there was nothing preventing me from going on a date with him, so why not go on one? Well there now! LOL THAT one got my attention.

What can I say? I like a direct approach that says "I am real, and I am interested in YOU."

But, if the pick up lines are an easy start, or a woman just doesn't seem interested, THEN that opens the door, and you can go from there. Say if a woman just rolls her eyes at a pickup line, you could cover it up by, sincerely, telling her "Yes, I know, that was bad, I'm sorry, I just don't know how to start a conversation with you yet." It's honest, sincere, and it opens a door that many women will respond too.

• Members

I met my husband after I left a chat room. He IMed me and and we have been together ever since. I couldn't have met a better man!

• Members
Always be honest to yourself and her.

That is the best advice you will get!

• Members

Yeah, I agree... if you're really serious about getting someone's attention, save the cheesy pickup lines for when you already have a rapport. It's cute when a guy you're already familiar with does it, but from a stranger it's just kinda lame.

• Members

Ok yeah a pick up line maybe cheesy and lame and all of that but um HELLO!?!? I'm shy as fuck. Cheesy corn lame pick up lines are what I need to get me to boost my confidence. Think of it this way, it's like a big video game. Confidence is your character, you have to make it stronger slowly. You can't just type in a cheat code and jump all the way to level 12 when you aren't experienced. Hopefully that makes sense. If you want to know how shy I am, back in high school in my choir class I couldn't even stand up in front of the class and do roll call. Why? Because everybody's eyes were fixed on me. I couldn't try out for a solo cause I knew that meant an audience of 300-500 (maybe more) would be watching me. So sorry if I seem stupid to the ladies for using corny cheesy pick up lines. They work for me and they are a start.

• Members
Ok yeah a pick up line maybe cheesy and lame and all of that but um HELLO!?!? I'm shy as fuck. Cheesy corn lame pick up lines are what I need to get me to boost my confidence. Think of it this way, it's like a big video game. Confidence is your character, you have to make it stronger slowly. You can't just type in a cheat code and jump all the way to level 12 when you aren't experienced. Hopefully that makes sense. If you want to know how shy I am, back in high school in my choir class I couldn't even stand up in front of the class and do roll call. Why? Because everybody's eyes were fixed on me. I couldn't try out for a solo cause I knew that meant an audience of 300-500 (maybe more) would be watching me. So sorry if I seem stupid to the ladies for using corny cheesy pick up lines. They work for me and they are a start.

Question how did you meet your previous g/f. I am sure you had to come out some to get to know her. Just take it one step at a time and be yourself....being any other way she will figure it out that it isn't being your true self.

• Members

I met my last GF through my best friends fiancé. Her and I had hung out before and it wasn't expected for us to date. The first time we hung out she was drunk(no that had nothing to do with the way I saw her). Well being myself would be complimenting on how she looks as my opening line.

• Members

This is the last thing I will say on the subject because this has to be up to you. If you're looking for this to build confidence, you might be setting yourself up for failure. The cheesy pick-up line will rarely yield positive results. You may get one here or there, but you're going to be losing more XP(using your gaming metaphore) with constant death by rejections than you will gain. I wish you luck, but I still suggest you apply to a woman's sense of intelligence.

Randy.