Official Community Forums Home

Repeat Reviewers - Good Or Bad

Mikayla1

• Members

I was just looking back at the toy reviews I have done over the past 3 YEARS - and I am amazed at some of the toys I have reviewed. I also got a chuckle at some of my reviews (guess it is good I can laugh at mysself, right?). What got me thinking was this, we have lots of new reviewers, which is fantastic. They offer a fresh opinion. Does anyone find that the established reviewers, such as myself, who have written 100 reviews or so, lack a punch now? Do you get sick of hearing me drone on about my experience with toys?

I surely hope not, as I love to review the products, but I don't want people to skim over the reviews from the 'old timers' because they think that we have said it all or tried it all already! Does that make sense? Some insight would be GREAT! Thanks!

• Members

I think it's great that we have a diverse group of reviewers! I do read yours and consider them to be the "most reliable". You have so many so you know which is a quality item and which is crap! In fact I have the Tera Patrick "Heart On" in my wish list B/C of you! I want to be a reviewer too! I emailed, but I never heard back. Maybe theres already too many 30 something mom's on the team :)

As one of the "Old Timers" (LOL), I think we're pretty good at keeping a spark there. Adding personal experiences, humor, as well as honesty and sometimes blatant opinions, is really beneficial to our readers, and potential toy buyers.

True, we can sometimes get into a rut, but, that's just part of being human. For me, I may have to wait a few days before tackling a review for a bit more "inspiration". Some toys, that may just be "ok", may not inspire much creativity. After all, it's not easy writing a review on items that you may not care for. But, that's our job, and I think that we do really well with that. Everyone has a style, and I think the diversity here is fabulous!

I've seen other sites that have reviews, and I can honestly say that this one is the best I've read.

All I can say is:

DAMN, WE'RE GOOD! LMAO :P;):lol:

• Members

I personally value your opinion on every review you write. You have more experience than I can ever hope to have and with that experience comes the knowledge of what's good and what's even better! I do sometimes worry that my inexperience won't allow me to get the same outcome as an experienced reviewer but I guess that just gives me incentive to keep playing until I do!

• Members

I think it's good to have the different "levels" of reviewers -- the Old Timers and the Newbies. With the Newbies, yes you get fresh perspectives (especially on toys that may have already been reviewed in the past), but with the Old Timers, you get to learn how reliable their opinions are in comparison with your own. So, you're more apt to either buy or dismiss a toy based on the pros and cons written by that reviewer. It's kinda like finding an author in your favorite genre that you really like -- you get used to their style and like what you read.

I think that even if we as writers sometimes feel we've gotten into a funk or didn't write a stellarly-exciting review, our style is still there, our honest opinions are still there, and it's not as bad as we may think it is. Besides, the next one'll come along, where something completely hilarious happened during testing... and we'll leap from that rut and get a good laugh at ourselves. :)

• Members

Well still being fairly new to the site, I coul;dn't tell anyone who is new from who is old. So I think everyone's reviews are great! I'm in teh same boat as Sun, I'm trying to join the review team but I don't seem to hear anything back, granted this may because I JUST started trying, but ya know. LOL I did hear that there was a waiting list i think.

• Members

Oh absolutely not, I think the "seasoned" reviewers only get better.

• Members

I love to read the reviews from the more experiences reviewers. They helped me to figure out the style I like to use for reviews. As well as when I am shopping I find myself looking at the reviews and thinking, Mikayla, Tyger, etc, liked it or found this fault. And I use that in my decision if I want to get it or put it on my wish list. :)

• Members

I am not sick of it at all. I really read the reviews and appreciate the fact that the reviewers are well knowledged and educated folks. When I am spending this kind of money on pleasure, I hate it when I buy something that just doesn't live up to it's expectations. Although I'm fairly new, I've learned a lot from Mikayla's articles and the posts from Aiden and Tyger are well written and thought out too. So I have to say that when I am looking for a new toy if one of you gives it a thumbs up, I'm more apt to make the purchase.

BTW I don't think any of you "drone on" and I agree that DAMN, Y'ALL ARE GOOD!!!

I, for one, am honored that so many of you value our input as much as you do. I hope that we all continue to do right by all of you.

• Members
I, for one, am honored that so many of you value our input as much as you do. I hope that we all continue to do right by all of you.

Ditto that! ;)

• Members

Absolutely not! After reading many, many many established reviewers, I have favorites, some I know are most in line with my tastes, some are funny and just fun to read. I have yet to be board.

• Members

I like having both the new reviewers and the seasoned reviewers. While the new people give a fresh look at things, the seasoned reviewers have the advantage of having tested lots and lots of toys, so they have more to compare the currently reviewed toy to. Seeing an "old-timer" stamp of approval for a toy in the reviews means a lot.

Guest eminatic

when i'm contemplating buying a toy, i want as many reviews as possible. bonus if its a review by someone i'm familiar with, especially if i know vaguely if they are into the same type of stuff as me or not

• Members
Well, if the reviewer is YOU, Mikayla, then yes, review to your heart's content. Any words from you, dear, are pure bliss...you could be reciting fifteenth century poetry, and I'd read it avidly...now, the other reviewers are o.k., but all are simple chaff to your appearances here!

Oh Iha, you are too kind to me....

I would be more than willing to read you fifteenth century poetry (or any other century), wanna come over?

• Members
Oh Iha, you are too kind to me....

I would be more than willing to read you fifteenth century poetry (or any other century), wanna come over?

Nothing like wine and poetry, you two crazy kids have fun now!

I haven't actually read a reviewer that i didn't like, please everyone keep up the good work!

• Members

I have to agree with fellow posters. I think it takes a bit of time to find your own writing style and figure out whats important to you as a reviewer. I absolutely love being able to read multiple reviews on one item! ;)