Official Community Forums Home

I Need Help Please

• Members

My boyfriend and I just started having sex and are both new to it. He is worried that I will get pregnant and he always pulls out right before he finishes and does the rest himself because he is afraid that the condom will break. I want him to finish with me. I dont think that he has anything to worry about, am I wrong or is he just overly paronoid? :huh:

• Members

there is always a risk of a condom breaking. i have never had it happen to me, or anyone i know, but you never know...if the 2 of you are that concerned try a back up method..birth control pills or something.

• Members
My boyfriend and I just started having sex and are both new to it. He is worried that I will get pregnant and he always pulls out right before he finishes and does the rest himself because he is afraid that the condom will break. I want him to finish with me. I dont think that he has anything to worry about, am I wrong or is he just overly paronoid? :huh:

I did have a condom break on me once, like 20+ years ago! I believe they are better made these days. Why don't you go get some spermicidal lube. That way if anything "sneaks out" it will be taken care of. Pulling out sucks! That used to be a friend of mine's preferred form of birth control. "Pull out and pray!" LOL

• Members
I did have a condom break on me once, like 20+ years ago! I believe they are better made these days. Why don't you go get some spermicidal lube. That way if anything "sneaks out" it will be taken care of. Pulling out sucks! That used to be a friend of mine's preferred form of birth control. "Pull out and pray!" LOL

HA!! how'd that work our for them??

Condom breakage and/or slippage is ALWAYS a possibility. It's GREAT that he is soooo concerned and responsible enough to do all of that. Many guys HATE the condoms, and will fight them. Condoms have come a long way (no pun intended), and ARE a lot tougher than they use to be, but they still can break, and slipping down/off is also a concern.

Here's what me and hubby did for 5 yrs (til I got tired of it). We used condoms with spermicide AND Spermicidal FOAM. The foam goes up inside you (with the use of an applicator). You have to put this in AFTER any oral sex has been performed on you (don't let him eat it at all). It kills any spermy critters that may escape. And, if you do this, you can have him cum inside of you with little-to no worries!! There's also a vaginal film you can use, that may be less messy.

We used this way for 5 yrs after the birth of our daughter! No problems whatsoever!

Or, if he's really worried, go on the Pill, and use condoms. The Pill is 99% effective. With condom usage, I really don't see any worrying necassary. I'm on the Pill NOW, and, after we're done, I put foam up inside of me, just to be on the safe side (I REALLY don't want another child, TYVM!!).

• Members

LOL Iha!

It's good that he's concerned, but condoms these days are very reliable. Nonetheless, I have had one slip off before, so it's never a bad idea to have a backup. If you don't want to be on hormonal birth control all the time, at least make sure you have access to Plan B if necessary.

• Members
Condom breakage and/or slippage is ALWAYS a possibility. It's GREAT that he is soooo concerned and responsible enough to do all of that. Many guys HATE the condoms, and will fight them. Condoms have come a long way (no pun intended), and ARE a lot tougher than they use to be, but they still can break, and slipping down/off is also a concern.

Here's what me and hubby did for 5 yrs (til I got tired of it). We used condoms with spermicide AND Spermicidal FOAM. The foam goes up inside you (with the use of an applicator). You have to put this in AFTER any oral sex has been performed on you (don't let him eat it at all). It kills any spermy critters that may escape. And, if you do this, you can have him cum inside of you with little-to no worries!! There's also a vaginal film you can use, that may be less messy.

We used this way for 5 yrs after the birth of our daughter! No problems whatsoever!

Or, if he's really worried, go on the Pill, and use condoms. The Pill is 99% effective. With condom usage, I really don't see any worrying necassary. I'm on the Pill NOW, and, after we're done, I put foam up inside of me, just to be on the safe side (I REALLY don't want another child, TYVM!!).

hey thanks Tyger i didn't even know about the foam *adding to shopping cart* Kim and I use spermicidal condoms as well a lot of people will tell you it's just a marketing add but I've always used them and no babies yet so i think i will stick with them.

hey thanks Tyger i didn't even know about the foam *adding to shopping cart* Kim and I use spermicidal condoms as well a lot of people will tell you it's just a marketing add but I've always used them and no babies yet so i think i will stick with them.

You're welcome. Try Googling birth control methods to see what else is out there. If you're REALLY not wanting children, it NEVER hurts to double up at all. It may be a bit "mood killing", but so is the fear of getting pregnant!

I double up still cuz I know of a few children that were "Pill Babies", and a couple that were still concieved with the use of condoms.

• Members
Pulling out is also known as the "whoops" method of birth control....I like the aspirin method...place an aspirin firmly between you knees, and don't let it fall...you won;t get pregnant.

I had always heard it was a nickel rather than an aspirin!

• Members
HA!! how'd that work our for them??

Actually she never got pregnant! Until she wanted to! Not very sexy if you ask me though!

• Members
There's also a vaginal film you can use, that may be less messy.

Has anyone ever used those? OMG they SUCK! You take out this little clear plastic like square put it on your finger and slip it in. Sounds simple right? Except that it gets stuck to your finger and then you try to peel it off and it gets all folded and bunched up. It ends up looking something like a booger that you just want to flick off but you don't want to waste it, so you put it in any way. You have sex and then there it is stuck to his penis. :(

True story!

• Members

If you truly don't want to get pregnant, then use every method you can: condoms, pill, spermicidal foam AND pull out. 3 out of 4 will probably do ya!

Seriously, get on the pill, patch or shot - use a condom and a foam for a month, then just go down to a condom.

Besides pregnancy, you should also be thinking STDs too.

• Members
I used the Pull Out method years ago and it worked out very well...I have a wonderful daughter as a result!

I like the way you stated that!

• 3 years later...