Official Community Forums Home

Dogs In Bed

• Members

This is not a real sex question, but it does have impact on our sex life.

I've posted and asked a similar question like this before and got some great responses, but this has become a real issue for me and my relationship with my gf. She has two small dogs that are the most spoiled brats you have ever seen. I mean REALLY! She has never had kids and has had up to five inside dogs before. They sleep with her every night and they HAVE to sleep under the covers and it is very annoying for me when I sleep over. They don't sleep at the end of the bed or on the floor. They lick your legs, lay on you, walk over you, etc. I'm a very light sleeper and I can't sleep well at all with them. I'm tired when I wake up. If we attempt to have spontaneous sex at night or upon wakening, they are often on us, in our faces, and this makes me loss interest and she loses focue and has an orgasm issue already, so this certainly doesn't help. I asked her once if the dogs could sleep outside the room with the door closed when I stay over, and she said "well I guess so if they have to". I could tell she wasn't happy about the question. I was honest and asked in a polite way about how it bothered me. If we go into the room to have sex, I have to make sure they are out and close the door. Sometimes one of them will sit outside the door and whine, and she loses focus. IMO, its really fucked up.

These dogs won't even go outside to go to the bathroom if its drizzling, so they piss or shit on the floor and it is no big deal for her. I have two dogs and love them, but mine are outside dogs. Not WIMPY dogs like hers. To be honest, I can't stand them but would never tell her that. I'm sure I'll get flamed by the dog lovers here. Thx for letting me vent.

Telecom

• Members

Telecom,

Good to hear from you! I am a dog lover too...I have a German Shepherd, she is a big baby. She is a bit spoiled, she gets to sleep with us, even though she has a bed on the floor - a big, expensive, special PET bed - she still wants to sleep WITH US!

HOWEVER, we noticed early on that when we had sex, that she would sit on the end of the bed and just look at us like "what the fuck are you doing and when will you be done?" I love my dog, but she isn't going to judge me - so we lock her out at night until we are done, and then she is welcome back in.

Also, some nights if I can't sleep well because she is moving around or getting up to "growl" at people outside, I put her out too.

Dogs are important to their owners - in many cases they can be like children or best friends - HOWEVER, she has a relationship with YOU and she will have to understand that the dogs bother you in this manner. You can't be expected to take a second seat to the DOGS, they are not people, they are just pets. I am sure you love her and I am sure you are good to her pets - but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

I suggest honesty and upfrontness here. Just tell her, "I love you" but I can't sleep with your dog's ass in my face - if you want me to sleep over here, the dogs have to sleep out of the room.

If she loves you, and I am sure she does, she will lock the dogs out the nights you are there. I mean, come on, who would she rather have licking her - YOU or her DOGS???

Good luck!

Mikayla :rolleyes:

• Members

Telecom -

I love animals. I have cats and I have to say that yes mine sleep with me too.

I understand how the pets in the bed can be, especially if you are not there just too sleep. I was having sex with my bf and we had a cat hop on the bed (thankfully only at the foot of the bed) while we were going at it. Both of us paused for a bit, laughed and then we kept going. From that point on the door was closed when we were in bed or having sex. I love my pets but the last thing that I want is fur in my face (or anyplace else for that matter) when I am having sex.

I DO NOT think that asking to keep the door closed for you to enjoy your time together, whether it is for sex or just company in bed, is too much to ask.

If she has a doggie bed or special toys for them, I would suggest putting them in another room. Give the dogs a special treat so that they might learn that they get something special too when they leave you two alone in the room. Maybe the two of you should go shopping for the stuff together (added bonus points for you for caring so much about your time together and her "babies") B). I would suggest that you try to start it when you two just want to go in the room for a short period of time. If it works, then you may be able to have the night alone for whatever you chose to do and get a good night's sleep too.

Yes, pets are like family to many people (like children at times), but they are still pets. And for that matter, even children need to be taught boundaries, even if it means dealing with the whining for a while. You are adults and are entitled to your time alone together too. Talk about it, and all I can say is try.

The whole Pavlov dog conditioning thing might take a little while, but it might stop the whining at the door and let you two sleep in peace or at least spend some time together without the extra company. If not at least you can say that you tried. Best of luck to you! :)

• Members
Good advice from both Mikayla, and sexxxikittie. I had the problem with a male cat, who I have still, and who weighs over 20 lbs! Even as a kitten, he didn't liked being locked out of the bedroom when we were enjoying each other's company. He would literally do body slams against the hollowcore door to the bedroom, until it opened, either because he rattled the lock enough, or I finally gave in and opened it for him. He's the only cat I have ever known that actually "stomps" around! And has since he was a kitten. I have three other cats, and noe of them have acquired his bad habits. I had a long talk with him, ( Yeah, he really is that smart), and reached an agreement that he could come into the bedroom when we were sleeping, but when we were making love, he had to leave. Just to make sure I understood the deal, from his point of view, when he did come in, he always found a spot between the two of us! But, he left when I pushed him away in the middle of the night when I wanted to make love to my wife, and he stopped doing body slams against that door. That is the closest I ever want to get to experiencing living inside a base drum!

Oh, I have a cartoon I cut out of Playboy magazine years ago that shows a nude woman in bed, and her male lover sitting above her with his back and buns to us, and two Doberman Pincers sitting on a wide shelf above her head on the head board, glaring down at the guy. She is saying in the cartoon, " But, they are my watch dogs!" He has a look of consternation on his face, to say the least!

I say, tell the lady the dogs go, or you go. The dogs will survive the crisis, by remaining in another part of the house. Give them a treat when you lock them out, and they will soon learn that they get rewarded for giving you your privacy. After awhile, you can drop the treats, and just give them a pat on the head, and a hug. You are the Alphas of the pack, and that is all the dogs really want as Betas. When the lady is alone, and she wants them with her, be glad she has them.

I guess sometime just asking and putting it out there is the best way. I asked her if they would sleep outside when I'm over and she easily agreed. Cool!

Telecom

Ditto to what Mikala & sexxikittie said!! :P Great advice!!