Official Community Forums Home

Had Enough

nosleepnmesa

• Members

Okay so I am just blowing off massive steam. I had a couple Doctor Appts. today. I went to see my Primary, and of course he gave me bad news, I caught Tonsilitis, then I had a appt with my Cardiologist. As we all know I have been threw hell and back, with surgeries etc.. So I go for another follow-up for it, and he had nothing but more bad news for me. Let me tell you first off I am already VERY VERY limit on what I can eat. Well my bad Cholesterol is threw the roof, I am sitting at 395. WTF????

I am VERY good about sticking to what I can and can't eat. I have been on sooo many different types of meds it is driving me crazy to the point I feel like a Guinea Pig now. They have tried Liptor at max dose, then switched me ro Zocor 80mg, then to Crestor the max on that is 40mg. Okay so now there is this controversery medications called Zeti, that is nice. So now they have decided to pull another food away from me, chicken great so NOW all I can eat is ground Turkey and fish. I am soooo sick of Chicken, Turkey and Fish I could just about scream my head off.

As we all know they do bypasses due to blockages in the arteries, and what causes that well Cholesterol, GREAT!!!!! So if they can get this down then looks like in time I will be forced to go back in. I am to young for this crap, gotta love screwed up genes.

Please excuse all my spelling errors etc I am just ranting since I am just sick of everything. I want my life completely back to normal!!!

I guess it is hard for alot of people to understand that and yes I hear you all saying but at least your alive. That is a plus since I have reviews to do. :D I guess it could be worse, I am just sick of BS news, for once I would like to walk into my cardiologist and for once in my life hear, "Kat everything is looking good." I guess I ask to much.

Okay thanks for allowing me to complain, I am going to go curl up in my bed and cry then get me some LONG LONG LONG OVER DUE stress relieve!!!

• Review Team

Hugs and kissed, Kat. Being sick SUCKS and seems to drag on forever, but it will get better.

And as for genetics, they can bite too. My sister is 14 years older than me, 100 pounds heavier, eats terribly, and gets better reports at the doctor than I do. AARRRGGG! :angry:

Hope you are feeling better soon.

• Members

My SIL had one of these done a while back and it is causing her all kinds of trouble. The thread or wire that they used to pull her ribs back together has begun to come apart so now she has them trying to work their way out through her chest. She has had to deal with diabetes, and what they think is epilepsy on top of their kids. Little brother and mom were helping out but they only had so much sick time coming and they didn't want to lose their insurance. He did start work at the Federal prison Monday so he may have an easier time getting time off if something comes up and she needs help.

She, just like you, just will not leave things alone and feels that she isn't putting in her fair share if she isn't working. I know where she lives and told her that if I heard it again I'd make a special trip over there to kick her little butt. Unfortunately that won't work with you though!

My doctor also told me that canned vegetables have a pretty high Sodium content so fresh veggies are better for your cholestrol! Your stress relief is a good idea too! I hope things get better for you soon!

• Members

Hey girl I feel your pain! I have a lot of health issues as well. I haven't shared about it b/c well I guess I didn't want people to know. I have PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome) It has symptoms like type 2 diabetes. I am very insulin resistant. It causes weight gain, infertility, high risk of heart disease and all kinds of other shit! I am also Hep B positive. My mother was born overseas while my grandfather was in the military in WW2. She contracted it there where she was born. My sister and I caught it from her when we were born I believe. She never knew she had it until she was 50! At that point she had cirrhosis of the liver. LONG story but she ended up dying of liver failure at 57. I actually have had a lot of lab work done lately I am on a new medication because they were alarmed to find my liver functions were extremely high and my "viral load" was in the thousands! In a normal person it is in the negative! My R foot is almost always swollen because if my liver problem so guess what.. my SHOES almost never get any play! (that is the saddest! :() I have to be careful of what I eat because of the insulin resistance and the liver issue, but it is the opposite for each. Like with the insulin resistance I have to watch my carbs/sugar with the liver thing I have to watch my fats and proteins, salt etc. Certain medicines I can't take at all. (Tylenol!!!) Recently I was told I can NEVER have any alcohol again. NBD since I am not a big drinker but once in awhile I would like to indulge ya know. I have to watch out for things with alcohol in them, like cough medicine or even artificial sweeteners. It is so frustrating!!!

I don't want to make this about me! I just wanted you to know, I know how you feel about wanting to be normal, or live normal. Laughter is the best medicine for me! I just try not to think about all the crap I have to deal with and focus on positive things, make others happy, laugh etc... Seriously there are times I get so depressed I could become a recluse! No joke. Just remember there is always someone who has it worse than you and keep your head up, be strong! People love you! :wub:

• Members

Kat, I am sorry things aren't going your way right now, That really sucks.

Go have your good cry, you will feel better.

here is a good back scratch for our dear cat, \\\ ///

• Members

Kat............Let it out. We all have to vent sometimes, unfortunately some more than others. But this is the place and the time is

anytime. So when things get tough tell us about it, don't bottle it up inside. It's good medicine, I've found.

We are all pulling for you.

Cyber hugs.

• Members

Sunflower, I am much like you. But, along with the liver thing I have Lupus.And Asthma and COPD and major allergies to just about everything.Thank god I am a vegetarian and have been since high school, also very into organic foods. Still tough dealing with doctors and medications and restrictions.But, you do what you have to do to get by, right, especially if you have kids.I am praying for all of you.

Maybe since you listen to me, even when heavily drugged, I need to take a trip to AZ, and scream at your body, immune system, and heart? Maybe that would help?

I hope things get better, and that your doctors have a Kitty Pow-Wow, so they can come together and figure out what's wrong with you, physically at the very least!!! :P

I TOLD you to always get that extended warranty!! But, did you listen? Noooooooooooooooo!!! :rolleyes:;)

Love ya girlie!

• Members

ROFLMFAO!!!! Tyger darlin since when do I listen?????????Oh wait, I guess I only listen when I don't remember things, due to be heavenly drugged. LOL

Extended Warrenty hell they wouldn't give me one to save my life.

• Members

OKay so ba cholesteral? We ahve good news: you get to eat lots of bananas(that will make sure that your blood pressure says regulated) and yummy cereals like Honey NUt Cherrios (made with whole grains and proven to lower cholesteral). Also we'll have to start making sure your getting better exercise (are you cleared for sex yet?) then finally we'll have to make sure that you stay fairly stress free and happy (again are you cleared for sex) so that way nothing can undo our hard work.