Official Community Forums Home

Going To Court Tomorrow.

Tyger

What a PAIN IN THE ASS this is turning out to be!!

My mother, me, and DH had hired a man to clear her lot adjoining ours last year. He was suppose to clear a lot, and all he had left was a small part of the property, then pile everything up for us so we could burn it. He came 3-4 times, and that was it. Just stopped coming, then wondered WHY we were upset, even when he admitted to it not being done. Fast-forward a year later, still no attempt on HIS part to rectify this, and was PISSED off when we filed a small claims case (actually my mother did). So, tomorrow's the big day!! LOL

Mom asked me last week if I was nervous, and I said, no cuz we're going to win, he never fulfilled the contract. Then she asked me what I was gonna wear, hell if I know....clothes...then she proceeds to tell me HOW I should dress. I told her that I knew how to do this, and how to behave myself in court (since I was able to be VERY civil with my divorce with my ex husband). Then she told me to just watch what I said. HELLO??? Yes, I admit, I can get pissed off easily, especially when I know one is lying, however, I can handle myself with decorum and professionalism when I have too. And I told her as such. I mean, if I can act cordially with my ex in the room, then this will be a breeze! Thankfully, DH's going with me tomorrow, so I don't hafta do this alone.

This man's been so stupid about all of it too. Coming up with excuse after excuse, and came up with a new one just a few months ago, using my neighbor's father's dementia as an excuse (we bought the lot from our neighbor's father), saying he was denied access to the lot, the lot wasn't ours, and some other bullshit. Then, about 2 weeks ago, he actually FLIPPED me off, :o while I was taking DD to school!!! How mature is THAT?? I mean, I'm 35, and I believe he's in his early 40's maybe. Who actually flips people off they have these petty issues with? C'mon! He also flipped off my DH about a week ago too. Like I said, very immature. <_<

This man even CONFRONTED me outside a convenience store, while I was trying to just keep my distance, my mouth shut (believe it or not I can do that), until after the court date (then it's on like Donkey Kong). At least he waited until AFTER we were out of the store to do so. He kept saying that we didn't need to go this route. I told him that I wasn't going to speak with him about this, since we had a court date. He tried again, and I used my "don't give me shit/teacher voice" and said "Charles, I am NOT going to speak with you about this NOW, we have a court date, and it's inappropriate for you to try and pull this on me NOW." He said "whatever Meaghan", and walked off. (Yes, my name's Meaghan too.)

My mother is actually filing the suit, but, since the date is when she can't be here, and my name's on the deed too, there's no point in prolonging it, or trying to reschedule, since we can't be guaranteed that another date would hit when she'd be here. So, I'm off to court after I drop off DD at school Yay me.

Why can't people just do as they say they're going too??? I mean really! And, if you can't finish it, admit to it, pay some sort of restitution and MOVE ON!!! MATURELY!! JEEEEZ!!!

• Members

Good luck Tyger. I paid a guy once to cut down and haul off a huge cottonwood tree. He did part of it and never came back. I couldn't contact him to see what was going on either. Come to find out he was in jail for fraud. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

Man

• Members
I paid a guy once to cunt down and haul off a huge cottonwood tree.

Hmm, you don't say! :lol:

• Members

Best of luck, Tyger and don't let him or your mom drive you crazy!!

MOHD, how do you cunt down a tree?? Or do you just have it on your mind?????hahah

Peace,

Mark

• Members

I think he just types that word a lot so it has become a bad habit... LOL

Sorry man I couldn't resist :kiss:

• Members

What kind of tree was it MOHD?? :D

Go get em Tyger!! Let us know what happens.

Inmature jerk.

• Members

Good luck Tyger!! I hope everything works out the way it should. You know I luv ya girl!!

MOHD did you have sex on your mind or something??? I honestly want to know about the "cunt" Tree!!! Details please!!!LMAO

• Members

Get him Tyger! It seems that people have gotten a false sense of entitlement now. Paying someone in advance is even worse. They tend to operate on what I call "Indian time" then.

• Members

How did court go? I hope you were able to nail his ass to the wall. Nothing like contracting for services that never get performed. Hmmm... Maybe that's why Man has cunt on his mind.... ;)

• Members

I got sued once and on TV no less, by my sister. (yeah get you laughs out now and no I'm not telling you what show either). I have a messed up family. Any way, just stay calm and let him make an ass out of himself and DEFINITELY include the harrassment. Good lUck ( i know I'm late but hey I tried.)

Well, it went really well!!

I didn't have to bring up the flipping off stuff, because he basically made an ass out of himself, without my help! LMAO

He blantantly lied and said that I actually called in Sept. and said he wasn't allowed on the property cuz we didn't own it yet. Well, news flash, my mother had a copy of the check that was CASHED in mid JULY (of last yr.), and the deed filed in mid Aug. of last yr. I also said that "what would the point be of clearing a lot that wasn't ours to begin with?"

Then the idiot made mention that he had had back surgeries and on heavy duty pain meds, so he doesn't remember ever SPEAKING with "the woman" aka my mother, about fixing all of this, and then trying to say that my DH had made an agreement to finish it for the balance owed of $300. Funny, if he had no clue how much we were going to sue for, then how the hell would my DH all of a sudden come up with a $300 figure to finish the lot with? Totally off base. My mother never put a price tag on what was owed until May of this year, which is WELL after when he stopped trying to communicate with hime. I think he actually confused another person with our situation. I think someone ELSE may have told him he wasn't allowed on THEIR property, and in his medicated fog, he thought it was ME. LOL Jackass.

I had all that paperwork, photos, and a statement, and he had ONE measely little carbon-copy of a check that he wrote for a dozer rental on Sept 1st. Well, he stopped coming to our property in mid August!!!! And he said THAT was when I called him (in Sept.)....after he rented this magical dozer. I said that i never called him (which was the truth), and that I never said that to begin with cuz the property was paid for by that time!!!

He also sounded so stupid, cuz the judge asked him if he had had a witness to prove that I had called him, cuz, at that point, I had all the proof, and he had nothing. He said, and I quote, "If I have to go get one, if this goes to trial, then I can bring one in." The judge looked at him like he was an idiot and said, "Sir, this IS your trial. If you don't have one, then it's too late now!" I could almost feel my IQ going down! LOL

I tried to be as nice and agreeable as possible, even trying to get this man to agree to stuff that was TOTALLY obvious, like the status of the lot when he got there, which was fully wooded with small and medium trees, and that I'd personally walked the lot with him, and gave him a lot map so that he could see where what was. He tried bringing up one specific pile, that he said he couldn't move cuz of where it was put. I told the judge that that specific pile wasn't even in question, and that he had put it exactly where he had been asked too. I was trying to be as nice and accomodating as possible, and I was trying to give credit where credit was due too, to be totally fair, which I think impressed the judge.

Anyway, he showed his ass, and the judge saw thru it, so it was a win for us, and he actually PAID it today! Cash even! I was in total shock.

Although, now, he's going to retaliate and try and sue DH for some deal he says DH renigged on, about paying for some part for the Jeep he traded over 2 years ago!! It was stupid, he and DH trying to go at it like children, outside the courtroom. I kept trying to stay calm, and said "C'mon guys, please let's just stop this. It's over & done with, and let's just move on." I swear, they almost took out their dicks, and peed right there!! Ugh!

• Members

Good job, girl. The truth won out!

• Members
I got sued once and on TV no less, by my sister. (yeah get you laughs out now and no I'm not telling you what show either). I have a messed up family. Any way, just stay calm and let him make an ass out of himself and DEFINITELY include the harrassment. Good lUck ( i know I'm late but hey I tried.)

You said your family is messed up but really? Sued you on TV??!! Unbelievable! Are those shows actually real?

Tyger, glad things worked out the way they did for you.

• Members
You said your family is messed up but really? Sued you on TV??!! Unbelievable! Are those shows actually real?

Tyger, glad things worked out the way they did for you.

Yeah they are real (retired) judges and they make you sign so many contracts. PLus if you lose you don't pay anything. Yuppers I get teh most messed up family award.

Sorry to hijack your thread Tyger, congrats hun! And do a quick bit of research for teh staute of limitations. Also unless he had it in writting there is no way to really prove your hubby re-nigged.