Official Community Forums Home

How Often Do You Have Sex?

• Members

For the past 2 year's we've been averaging maybe every day or at worst every other day.

Of course, there were those times in the beginning where I think we had sex 8 times in 12 hrs!

But on a NORMAL AVERAGE...HOW often do you do it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

When my husband is home..... and just to let you know, sometimes he's only home 2-3 days a week, and not back to back. That's more the exception than the rule. so I don't think my answer counts.

• Members

Well of late we have been doing it about 5+ times per week. We used to be at least 2X per week and then things started getting better. Now we actually take "breaks" from sex!

• Members

I can't say our answer will be "normal average" either, because of the multiplicity we have in our house. I was asked to write an article about 18 months ago on this very topic, so Temptress and I kept track for about 6 months to quantify. What I found out is sex is more about monthly patterns and outside pressures than weekly averages.

For me personally, I find I am very in tune with my hormonal cycles, so two weeks out of the month I can't get enough and the other two weeks I'm waxing or waning. There are days when I'm just not in the mood, so I'm fine to say, "you two go ahead, I'll just lay here and enjoy the moment." Temptress, on the other hand, seems to be very steady in her needs. For some reason, and I believe it has to do with circumstances of the moment, our more active times and our more relaxed times tend to cluster together. Or maybe it's just Newton's Law - objects in motion tend to stay in motion, objects at rest tend to stay at rest.

For those of you who want "raw numbers" I can give a range... Some days we (and by we, I mean any one of us, or a combination thereof) can be having sex as many as 3 or 4 times a day. Other times we may only have 2 or 3 encounters for the whole week, or we may go a whole week plus. Go figure.

~LG

• Members

I agree with MOHD's on this one! Not nearly enough. We both stay so busy with work and kids that we have to make time sometimes for sex. We still try a couple of times a week. We went through a phase where we had sex almost every day, but then we became so busy with life and all that it brings. We just try to make up for it when we get to have a night or weekend alone! Then we will go at it as much as we can!!! In a couple of weekends we are going away for our anniversary and we will probably stay naked the whole weekend!! Well, we'll have to get dressed to get fire wood, but we will be making up for lost time!! I hope this helps.

Peace,

Mark

• Members

Whenever I can.... Over the summer, it was every night or at least every other night (when my SO had to take his campers on over night hikes, or when we weren't feeling well)

At the moment, not at all because my SO is in NZ. When I get to see him again.... It's going to be PRETTY interesting..... xD

• Members

Once or twice a day, pretty reliably. I'd like to shoot for more, but the way our schedules are we really only get to hang out in the evenings most days. Usually we have sex before bed, then again in the mornings if there is time.

• Members

I agree with MOHD also, not nearly enough right now.

When my husbands not working so much our sex lives is much more active.

• Members

well i hate to say it been married 18 years and it is going on almost 6 months since i had it last.

before that maybe 1-2 times a month :( . really sucks big times

• Members
well i hate to say it been married 18 years and it is going on almost 6 months since i had it last.

before that maybe 1-2 times a month :( . really sucks big times

come on Spanky, initiate more. Getting out of the habit of having sex is to easy and not good for a relationship. Plan anything you can in order to bring you closer physically.

• Members
come on Spanky, initiate more. Getting out of the habit of having sex is to easy and not good for a relationship. Plan anything you can in order to bring you closer physically.

Sounds like Spanky's SO is very much like mine and if that's the case you can initiate until the cows come home and it isn't going to get you far. I can only speak for myself here but when you keep getting turned down you finally quit trying. If she doesn't want it anyway, what's the use?

Man

• Members
Sounds like Spanky's SO is very much like mine and if that's the case you can initiate until the cows come home and it isn't going to get you far. I can only speak for myself here but when you keep getting turned down you finally quit trying. If she doesn't want it anyway, what's the use?

Man

Man, have you ever asked her what the problem is, or even if there is a problem. Life is hectic and I know, when I had 3 small children sex wasn't the first thing on my mind, but....... Talk to your wife.

• Members
Man, have you ever asked her what the problem is, or even if there is a problem. Life is hectic and I know, when I had 3 small children sex wasn't the first thing on my mind, but....... Talk to your wife.

LL, having talked to Man a lot I can say, I think he has tried just about everything under the sun. Sometimes people just don't want to change IMO.

• Members

Man

Wow you must real;ly love EVERYTHING else about her, cause that would be a deal breaker for me. Has it always been like that or a fairly recently (past couple years) thing?

Now the original question: I"m not in a relationship right now but I would have to require at least a few times a week. Yeah it'd be a relationship law for me. I had a boss once, Tom, who said that he told his wife after proposing that he would be getting it at least once a day (as long as medically possible) from her, or he'd be getting it from someone else. According to his wife, they have sex twice a day.

• Members

I concluded a few years ago that if I had paid $50.00 for a hooker once a week instead of getting married over the last 40 years I would

have gotten more sex and spent a whole bunch less money. Probably not totally true but you get the picture.

• Members
Wow you must real;ly love EVERYTHING else about her, cause that would be a deal breaker for me. Has it always been like that or a fairly recently (past couple years) thing?

No it hasn't always been this way, it's a long story.

• Members

Usually every day or at least some form of sex every day, be it oral, manual or whatever.

• Members

We have some sort of sexual playtime nearly every day.

Sometimes we might skip a day, though.