Official Community Forums Home

Randy In Red!

mystofpric

• Members

According to a study done by the Universtity of Rochester, men find women more attractive when wearing red. Guys is this true? Should I put that hot baby blue tee in the back of the closet in favor of teh red one? Is this the magic of red lipstick? And why do you think Red works wonders?

I heard this on the radio the other day and I've been pondering....

• Members
According to a study done by the Universtity of Rochester, men find women more attractive when wearing red. Guys is this true? Should I put that hot baby blue tee in the back of the closet in favor of teh red one? Is this the magic of red lipstick? And why do you think Red works wonders?

I heard this on the radio the other day and I've been pondering....

I will tell you that I believe it to be true. My H goes nuts when I put on the red lipstick! His favorite nail polish (on me) is also red... Hmmm interesting.

I read that as well. On top of men liking women in red, it's actually an instinctual thing. Red/pink tones are a sign of health. Red is the color lips get when sexually excited, as well as the labia. Your cheeks also flush red when you're sexually excited as well. Red is the sign of SEX. Men may not even know why they like red, but I have yet to find a man that doesn't prefer red!

• Members
I read that as well. On top of men liking women in red, it's actually an instinctual thing. Red/pink tones are a sign of health. Red is the color lips get when sexually excited, as well as the labia. Your cheeks also flush red when you're sexually excited as well. Red is the sign of SEX. Men may not even know why they like red, but I have yet to find a man that doesn't prefer red!

I missed that part, i couldn't hear the entire segment, machinea and ear plugs and all! hat makes perfect sense, but thgen why isn't it the same for women, or is it?

Women are more prone to be attracted to a "virile"/healthy looking male, one that would look like a good "provider/protector".

Of course, these aren't ALWAYS the case, but if you learn a bit about human behaviors before we were "civilized", the better you can understand yourself, IMHO.

• Members
Women are more prone to be attracted to a "virile"/healthy looking male, one that would look like a good "provider/protector".

Of course, these aren't ALWAYS the case, but if you learn a bit about human behaviors before we were "civilized", the better you can understand yourself, IMHO.

This is very very true. I'm surprised no men chimed in though.

Btw did you switch to red on purpose?

• Review Team

I saw a study a long time ago. They put women in red hues - make-up, etc. and took their pic. Then the same women were put in brown and blue hues. When the photos were side-by-side, most men picked the red hues has beening more attractive while women selected the other. Hmmmm. Don't know what it means, but I thought it was interesting and I remembered it from long ago.

• Members
I saw a study a long time ago. They put women in red hues - make-up, etc. and took their pic. Then the same women were put in brown and blue hues. When the photos were side-by-side, most men picked the red hues has beening more attractive while women selected the other. Hmmmm. Don't know what it means, but I thought it was interesting and I remembered it from long ago.

Is that also why men like red heads?

• Members

I love redheads. Always have. They don't have to be particularly attractive either, that I've noticed...just red headed.

As for dressing red? Well, I'm not really keen on red as a color. If, however, that cut is appropriate for the woman wearing it then I suppose it would have its allure. My wife looks incredible in yellows and greys.

Randy.

• Members

I wear red lipstick when I'm feeling particularly good about myself -- it makes me feel more bold, more confident, more "here I am" -- all traits not normally worn by me. :) I have my first maternity top and guess what color it is? Red!! I wanna feel confident and sexy in my momma-to-be mode!

Although I've always liked red, I've never been one to wear it too often. I'm more of a natural-colors girl, both in clothes and in make-up (when I do wear it). I grew up with a mom who always told me I didn't look good in red, that it was a trashy color that only looked good on a select few, even though too many women wore it. I guess that's related to the description Tyger pointed out -- my mom's a bit of a prude at times and I can understand her not wanting her daughter to carry that "trashy" air about her, hehe!

• Members

Really, now?

How interesting.

Well from my own experiences, first off I look terrible in red. like terrible.

I'm super super pale (cept summer) and I only wear red lipstick for performances...good riddance.

I don't think any male would find me attractive if I wore red lipstick.

I'ms o jealous of the ladies who can :lol:

• Members

I know that my wwwaaaayyy prefers red lingere` over black... But other than that I have no idea. He doesn't say anything about my red normal wear...

• Members
I know that my wwwaaaayyy prefers red lingere` over black... But other than that I have no idea. He doesn't say anything about my red normal wear...

I'm just the opposite, I like black lacy lingere` and don't really like solid red. Now black with red trim is Okay but just not solid red!!!!

Man

• Members
Really, now?

How interesting.

Well from my own experiences, first off I look terrible in red. like terrible.

I'm super super pale (cept summer) and I only wear red lipstick for performances...good riddance.

I don't think any male would find me attractive if I wore red lipstick.

I'ms o jealous of the ladies who can :lol:

See I feel that way too but my husband loves it on me. I just think it makes my lips look way huge.. My Husband calls then DSL's. :rolleyes: You should ask someone's opinion!

I don't think I look good in red lipstick either, though all of the "color guides" say I do. I don't wear a lot of makeup anyway, so that could be why I don't think it looks good on me.

• Members
I wear red lipstick when I'm feeling particularly good about myself -- it makes me feel more bold, more confident, more "here I am" -- all traits not normally worn by me. :) I have my first maternity top and guess what color it is? Red!! I wanna feel confident and sexy in my momma-to-be mode!

Although I've always liked red, I've never been one to wear it too often. I'm more of a natural-colors girl, both in clothes and in make-up (when I do wear it). I grew up with a mom who always told me I didn't look good in red, that it was a trashy color that only looked good on a select few, even though too many women wore it. I guess that's related to the description Tyger pointed out -- my mom's a bit of a prude at times and I can understand her not wanting her daughter to carry that "trashy" air about her, hehe!

Well for starters I have ALWAYS LOVED RED LIPSTICK ! ! ! From a purely HOT lusty trashy "I just can't help it-I'm a guy..." I have seen some way hot women all in red in some of my special reading material and I enjoyed it very much. There was a girl with red hair who wore red lipstick when I was in high school....man I had a crush on her....maybe 5 years later I saw Debbie at a party on Cultus Mtn. Road. MAN OH MAN all those old feelings came back. So this buddy thats standing next to me says 'go for it'. Well I sidled up to her and told her who I was. We talked a bit. She was divorced with 1 or 2 kids. She still looked good but the thing from high school was gone for me. Black is really my thing. Black with red trim is hot too. A big fantasy of mine is goth girls. I LOVE GOTH GRRLS!!! I would LOVE to see LilMiss In ALL OF HER MAGNIFICENT PALENESS in a black latex bondage fetish outfit.....and she could do whatever she likes with me.....and before I overstep any boundaries I shall retire to the tv room....