Official Community Forums Home

Animal Dumping!

Tyger

WTF is WRONG with people?????

On the stretch of road I live off of, people are CONSTANTLY dumping animals, dogs, puppies, cats, kittens. The end of our subdivision is an infamous cat dumping ground. The lady that lives on the corner buys bulk cat food (cheap Wal*Mart brand, but with all those cats, I can't blame her. Some food's better than none.)

I'm not talking dead ones, I'm talking real, live, sweet animals that people just don't want or can take care of. And they know that either the road will kill the animals, or someone will feed/adopt them out of guilt. Which is NO way to adopt an animal, since, sometimes, people just CAN'T handle the animals.

Where we have our horses, they've had 2 dogs dumped (puppies) there in the last 3 weeks. They adopted one, but this other one just showed up about 4 days ago, and these dogs are SOOO sweet! They can't take on the newest one, and he was soooooo timid! He JUST let me touch him today, and I had to pull out 7-8 ticks on him!! Poor guy was COVERED! How miserably uncomfortable for him! But, he let me do it, and didn't snap at me or anything. He's so sweet, and if I didn't have 2 medium sized dogs already, I'd take him home in a heartbeat! He's a hunting breed, like the one that Meaghan has on her avatar (brown with bright yellow eyes) here on TT.

It's fucking ridiculous!! I mean, how betrayed, scared, and unloved these animals must feel! They must wonder what they did wrong. It makes me cry every time I think about it.

• Sad 1

• Members

About five years ago my brother went camping and when they came home it was on my bday and my brother brought me a puppy (about 6-8 weeks old) they had found out there. He was almost dead. They came acrossed others that didnt make it. I took him to the vet had him checked out and they said if he hadnt had food with in a day he would have been dead. I ended up feeding him rice for about a week so he gained a little weight and then he passed away durning the night. It was the hardest to see that little puppy suffer and not be able to help.

Please if your animals not fixed, go get them fixed there is enought animals out there that need homes.

• Sad 1

• Members

I hear you Tyger it is sad. I used to have a dog greatest little guy ever. He had a rough life before my family got him. We got him from my tutor. She got him from her parents, who found him abandoned in a gutter. Well they picked him up took him home and had him for a few years. They felt that they couldn't give him enough attention so they gave him to their daughter. Well she was a teacher and she felt bad for him cause she felt she wasn't giving him enough attention, so we gave him to us. From the day we got him till the day we had to put him down(cancer related) he had a great life. Tons of attention, table scraps(not the puny things either) always had a full bowl of food and water, never saw a kennel, just the pound twice(gate blew open) but we went and bailed his butt out. My point is he went from being abused and abandoned to living pertty darn great. He went from a poorly fed pup to a fat toad(not literlly). I think if people would just stop and think and go invest in spaying or neutering everybody would be a lot happier and there would be less homeless pets. Let's just not start taking animals in left and right though, pets do get pricey. Like $50 to bail them out of the pound, $25+ for a grooming ect ect. Shelters are full and expanding their walls to make room for more and they are having troubles doing that. Please get your pets spayed or neutered.

Guest eminatic

hmmm i used to work at an animal shelter (Tony Larussa's A.R.F, you might have heard of it), but they had a vet clinic in the building and would spay/neuter incoming pets (they had a no kill policy) and offered it to any pet owners...they even had a "spay/neuter your pet day" where they would travel around in this van and hand out tshirts and stuff....lol...

• Members

< You mean this puppy dog? :)

If I had the room, I'd take more animals. I adopted (well, THEY adopted ME, I guess) two cats about two years ago... their original owners divorced and just left them in the basement (with no food, water or heat.) The new owners of the house found them when they moved in and took them to the shelter.

I encourage everyone to adopt! Someday, I'll take in a few more.

Meg

• Like 1

YEP!! That's the one! :)

• Like 1

• Members

It still amazes me how horrible some people can treat other people and animals. My Petunia was thrown out of a car in a tied pillow case with the rest of her brothers and sisters. She was the only one who made it. We got her when she was a baby, and now here she sits...Princess P.. as I like to call her... spoiled rotten along with her brother(who we adopted from the same shelter 2wks later).

• Like 1

• Members

Alright I jsut cried, thanks. It's not just animals being spayed and neutered, people buy animals as gifts and often times find out tehy they are too much trouble or the reciever didn't really want a dog or a cat to begin with.

PLEASE DO NOT GET AN ANIMAL AS A SURPRISE GIFT! If your going to get anyone (SO, child, ANYONE) an animal as a gift take them with you so they can pick the animal out and actually have a real bond with the pet. NOt all animals will mesh with just anyone, same goes for people.

There is (on average) a spay/neuteur/rabies clinic within 50 miles of pretty much everyone. Please ask around, talk to your vet, other vets, shelters, anyone who will listen.

Also tis teh season for finacial hardships, if your having trouble feeding or vaccinating your pets talk to your local shelters and vets they will often either give your food or help offset the cost of medical treatment. And look into pet insurence, cause if you think doctor bills are high......

• Like 1

• Members

As an animal lover, I know how hard it is to see this kinda of crap happen.

I adopted my cat Molly from the vets office.

Found out some idiot threw her out of the window of a moving car, and her rescuer was allergic, so they took her to the vets,

They gave her all of her shots, spayed her, and the very next day she came home with me.

Less than a week later, I found the sweetest manx online, drove for an hour to the next city to te shelter,

found out he and his brothers and sisters were found by and old man in his wood chipper.

Evidently one of his nigbors took the entire litter and put them in there because they knew that the old man would fire it up soon.

The cat I had my eye on wanted nothing to do with me, but his brother came right up to the kids for pets.

so...I now have 2 of the best mousers and the sweetest cats ever.

lots of people want cute and cuddley kittens and puppies, but don't stop to realize how much work they really, they outgrow the "cute" stage they dont want

them anymore.

Or the first time the cats scratch them, or the furniture etc.

too many uneducated people in this world is all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Maybe it's just my way of thinking, but, anyone who would do this to a pet would likely do this to a child. My gf and I have recently acquired a new baby girl from someone who had tired of her after the cute stage. And had 2 others offer their dogs to us. They should be turned in if they are seen doing it! There is no reason they couldn't put an ad in the paper or something and find that pet a good home!

I feel bad too. The people that this has been happening too, has had it happen so many times, they're immune to it now. They had food out for their dog, and the other dog would eat it too, but that's all they did. Then, the morning I got a pic of the dog to put on the net, I got busy, then when I went back, both dogs ran off together. Guess the wanted to elope! LOL Anyway, it's been 2 weeks, and no dogs. So, they ran off. Hopefully they found a good home. More than likely, they joined the wild pack of dogs on that street. I hope they're ok.

• Members

I'm afraid I won't win any friends here with my response, but please hear me out before you pass judgement.

I too live on a lonely county road and have animals dumped in my yard/ property on a regular basis. I travel for a living and am sometimes gone 2-3 weeks at a time. Many times I return to find animals in all states of life and death on my place. If there are dead I bury them if they are alive I shoot them then I bury them. Before you give me hell listen to my reasoning. I am a former Marine sniper and an expert shot so the animals NEVER suffer. I bury them so they are not left for the scavengers. I think it's much more humane to do this than let them starve to death, or be poisoned, or shot and not killed, or torn apart but other wild animals, and suffer dying and becoming food for scavengers. There are many more horable ways to live and die for these animals than what I do. I can't rescue them all and prefer not seeing any of them suffer. Thanks, Chuck

• Members

I agree with Pappy. If someone can mistreat an animal,

they are capable of mistreating a child as well.

There are some sick bastards out there.

• Members

This issue pisses me off more then ever, :angry:

WE will build million dollar mansions, build schools that look likt the tas mai hall

but people won't shed a nickel for animals.

My in laws have a farm so people leave cats,kitten, pregnant cats for us all the time.

I hate it, :angry:

I wish there was a nation wide answer. now if you have to move and adopt out your pet that is different but

if you leave them at a wayside you are a fucker,

And, I agree that spading and nutering are only part of the answer, But I know of many people who should be spade and nutered by just the way they speak to thier kids.

Thank you for listening...

10-4

• Members

The worst part is that they will probably end up with another puppy or kitten until it outgrows the cute stage and then do this again!

• Members
I'm afraid I won't win any friends here with my response, but please hear me out before you pass judgement.

I too live on a lonely county road and have animals dumped in my yard/ property on a regular basis. I travel for a living and am sometimes gone 2-3 weeks at a time. Many times I return to find animals in all states of life and death on my place. If there are dead I bury them if they are alive I shoot them then I bury them. Before you give me hell listen to my reasoning. I am a former Marine sniper and an expert shot so the animals NEVER suffer. I bury them so they are not left for the scavengers. I think it's much more humane to do this than let them starve to death, or be poisoned, or shot and not killed, or torn apart but other wild animals, and suffer dying and becoming food for scavengers. There are many more horable ways to live and die for these animals than what I do. I can't rescue them all and prefer not seeing any of them suffer. Thanks, Chuck

We'll you combine ferrel cat elimination with good target practice, can't argue with that economical and truely human method. I know people who have lost animals and money and food to ferrell cats. I personally dont let my cats go outside but i have had problems with others. They should be spayed. My cats are rescues free from the vet. Great place to get a pet

I say if you gonna get a surprise pet, you better plan on keeping it; my brother in law just got a new dog. Pissed me off when I saw it because a few months ago he just got ride of one he had for a year. Iknown him for a few years and he been through five dogs. One of them was the dog my in laws had I took in before he decided he liked my parents house better. Won't come back to my place by his choice. Damn part of it is he dont remember even having Macho. That dog been so passed around and I took him in because his live in girlfriend was going to

take him to the pound. I said no your not. Best family dog you could ask for but he prefers my moms house so he can lye by the pool with his pal Andy( our other dog). Luxary I must admit

Glenn

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Our newly acquired baby, definitely a daddy's girl, has taken control of all the boys here! She's at 10 lbs. and less than 6 mos. old and she takes no shit from the boys at all!!!!

• Members
Our newly acquired baby, definitely a daddy's girl, has taken control of all the boys here! She's at 10 lbs. and less than 6 mos. old and she takes no shit from the boys at all!!!!

Do you have a picture of her?

Who doesn't like a cute baby picture? :)

• Members

Because it's easier for the fucktards to dump the animal than take responsibility for spaying, neutering or sheltering the animals.

• Sad 1

• Members
Because it's easier for the fucktards to dump the animal than take responsibility for spaying, neutering or sheltering the animals.

Yep, you are 100% correct.

• Sad 1

• Members
Do you have a picture of her?

Who doesn't like a cute baby picture? :)

I'm trying to find drivers that work with vista for my cams. If I find them I'll get some posted!

• Like 1

• 8 years later...
  • Members
On 12/1/2008 at 7:20 PM, Tyger said:

WTF is WRONG with people?????

On the stretch of road I live off of, people are CONSTANTLY dumping animals, dogs, puppies, cats, kittens. The end of our subdivision is an infamous cat dumping ground. The lady that lives on the corner buys bulk cat food (cheap Wal*Mart brand, but with all those cats, I can't blame her. Some food's better than none.)

I'm not talking dead ones, I'm talking real, live, sweet animals that people just don't want or can take care of. And they know that either the road will kill the animals, or someone will feed/adopt them out of guilt. Which is NO way to adopt an animal, since, sometimes, people just CAN'T handle the animals.

Where we have our horses, they've had 2 dogs dumped (puppies) there in the last 3 weeks. They adopted one, but this other one just showed up about 4 days ago, and these dogs are SOOO sweet! They can't take on the newest one, and he was soooooo timid! He JUST let me touch him today, and I had to pull out 7-8 ticks on him!! Poor guy was COVERED! How miserably uncomfortable for him! But, he let me do it, and didn't snap at me or anything. He's so sweet, and if I didn't have 2 medium sized dogs already, I'd take him home in a heartbeat! He's a hunting breed, like the one that Meaghan has on her avatar (brown with bright yellow eyes) here on TT.

It's fucking ridiculous!! I mean, how betrayed, scared, and unloved these animals must feel! They must wonder what they did wrong. It makes me cry every time I think about it.

About 9 years ago my husband brought home a bunny someone left at his job outside and unfortunately the other bunny died in a bucket. We gave our bunny so much love and spoiled her with toys and treats. It's horrible how people dump animals anywhere and not think before they buy a pet/pets. I always pray that those homeless neglected pets find a way to a loving home🙏🌹❤