Official Community Forums Home

When Did I Move To Alaska?

Neuroticax

• Members

We had the freezing rain a few hours before you did, Suzy.

Yes, it was bad, and made driving scary.

I was so glad neither of my guys had to work this weekend.

They have about a 45 minute trip each way on country roads.

We stayed home and watched James Bond movies!!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This was from my back door this morning. Getting across my cobblestone patio to my driveway was an adventure.

post-7719-1231367328_thumb.jpg

• Members

Oh my goodness, I'm glad you got there and back alright.

This morning, there was frost on my windshield. No biggie, use to that. BUT in the afternoon, you could go out in a t-shirt and be fairly comfortable. I mean, c'mon!! Make up my damn mind! It's no wonder people are getting sick! The end of the week, we can possibly see temps in the low 80's. Then, at the beginning of next week to mid, we may face freezing temps during the day. :huh: I thought Maine weather was screwy! :rolleyes: The poor hibernating animals, like the squirrels, don't know whether to store or eat their acorns! (I was gonna say "nuts" but y'all are sooooooooo dirty minded! :P ) The bees go in for a few days, then it's like desperate bee syndrome, where they come out and buzz around anything colorful!

• Review Team

Same craziness going on here, Tyger. One day there will be sleet falling and covering the ground - two days later it is warm enough to open the windows in the house. I agree, no wonder so many people are sick.

• Members

Its cold here one day, and the next its....................oh, wait,...................cold again!

Yeah, it's been a crazy winter, even up here.

• Members

Yet another reason I love Sun Diego in January. High of 66 today and pushing the high 60's for the weekend. 72 on Monday. I contemplated flip flops this morning.

This is not me braggin, this is me saying its a life choice ;) Unfortunately, living here I have ruined myself. I freeze everywhere I go! The weather is nothing short of addictive.

• Members
Yet another reason I love Sun Diego in January. High of 66 today and pushing the high 60's for the weekend. 72 on Monday. I contemplated flip flops this morning.

This is not me braggin, this is me saying its a life choice ;) Unfortunately, living here I have ruined myself. I freeze everywhere I go! The weather is nothing short of addictive.

That's an addiction I can handle.

• Members

I hear you, Ginger. My daughter lives in Texas and says she is NEVER coming back to Wisconsin.

When she comes back, unless it is the heat of the summer *july*august* the poor kid about

freezes to death.

My nephew was born in Florida, and when he was four, they moved back home. (Wi)

When it got around to September, he said "I am never gonna be warm again!"

We all just busted out laughing. He is now 19 and attending college in Pheonix! ;)

If I spent one winter in a warm place, I'd prob. never come back!

• Members

Last night they were saying 2-3inches of snow today and then changing to rain tonight. Well I got up this morning.....less than an inch and then rain is what it will be. This is just nuts. We have had no snow yet just teaser dustings.

• Members
It's been in the mid to high 70's here every day for over a week....smoke that!!! :D

I'M TIRED OF BEING COLD!! I WANT SUN!! I WANT HEAT!!

POON, YOU NEED TO SHUT UP!!

but I do love ya, ya know................. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This morning I was watching headline news in between chores.

One of the little news 'blips' (what are they called, anybody know?) at the bottom of the screen said global warming is affecting our forests.

Does someone out there want to tell me where global warming is ?

It hasn't been around here!

We are freezing our buns off...........the chickens are laying ice cubes...............the cows are giving milk shakes.......... vanilla only...........but Hey~ Free Milkshakes!!........................ :D

It is freakishly cold, and windy, too. <_<

I hope those are egg-shaped ice "cubes", otherwise....poor chickens!! Owie!! LOL

*ducks as she reports*

Today I am dressed in capris and a t-shirt. Slight breeze, high 60's and sunny. Very nice. I'd be outside more, but poor DD is home sick with a cold, and if I go outside, she'd want to come out too. So, I have the windows open for the fresh air, and am cleaning around the house. Am going to hang out some laundry too.

• Review Team
... One of the little news 'blips' (what are they called, anybody know?) at the bottom of the screen ...

I had to think ... but they are called tickers in the news-biz. YAY-I got some use out of that Mass Comm education after all!

• Members

Hey! sorry to hear you had so much snow to clean up and plow, etc!

Not right now, but a few days back we had quite a bit o' snow and I was out at 730 am shoveling it XD I wish I could

sleep inside and while my older bros and parents did it. but not anymore :lol:

darn!

but it is fun to play in...

• Members
We're back in the deep freeze. Extreme wind chill warnings all day. At least we had a little break.

Stay indoors with a blazing fire.... and eat soup

• Review Team
Stay indoors with a blazing fire.... and eat soup

... or have an exciting round of email tag, from what I hear that can be even hotter than soup! ;)

• Members

It is so cold here this weekend, I have to put my pussy on the stove

to keep it thawed out. That is cold!