Official Community Forums Home

Criteria For Relationship

triedntru

• Members

So, off all the ladies/guys around here. What are your criteria that must be met before you start seriously dating someone. Mine is 1. Career (or steady good job) 2. Have his own car and insurance 3. Lives in his own house (buying or renting) can have roomate, but not living with family 4. Drinks responsibly 5. NOT A MANIPULATOR

• Review Team

HONESTY is the most important thing to me. He also needs to be independent in life (financially stable, mentally stable, etc.) and understand that I am also some what independent (I have a career I am not giving up, etc.). And then that connection, we have to be naturally attracted to each other - it can't be forced. Been there, done that, it doesn't work.

Oh, and screwing like a bunny is important, too. B)

• Members

Communication, passion, true to themselves as well as me. We need to be able to trust each other with everything and anything. I agree screwing like a bunny is a wonderful thing as well Someone that is non judgemental and can accept me for who I am. That is a big one.

• Members

Wow I haven't thought about that in such a long time....

Has a brain, with independent thought

enjoys clever and silly conversation (brain sex - sort of)

physically attractive to me

jeez, I could have list miles long....

• Members

Hm....

1. Has to be of a similar mindset. Sexually, religiously, the whole bit.

2. Depending on the age, has to have a solid job or in school.

3. HAS TO HAVE THINGS IN COMMON WITH ME!! Nothing's worse than having a computer chosen over you....

4. Must treat his mother/sister/main female influence in his life RIGHT! That shows how he will treat me.

5. Must be active. Being a blob is ok sometimes, not all the time.

6. Must get along well with kids. I have lots of them in my family, and love them dearly.

7. Must love me for who I am and not for who he can change me to be.

8. Can't be violent. Bottom line. I won't accept physical violence (unless I explicitly ask for it, but even then...)

9. COMMUNICATION! If we don't communicate efficiently, it won't work.

And 10. He has to be nice. No being a jackass to my friends or to his coworkers. Must have a gentle spirit, but able to be firm when needed.

• Members

Being that I was 'single' not so long ago, I had my list.

I made sure before I dated anybody, they knew these things up front.

It sounds harsh, but by then I knew what I wanted/needed and wasn't willing to comprmise.

1) Not seperated or 'getting divorced soon'. Had to be free and ready for a relationship.

2) looking for a long term relationship. I am a one guy kinda girl, and wasn't out to be a serial dater.

Dating was fun, but I wanted them to be aware I was thinking long term, not just until next week.

3) Love me, love my dog. My dog has been with me thru thick and thin, and always loved me no matter what.

We are inseperable. He is with me 24/7. I had one guy come to pick me up and asked what my dog was doing in the house.

End of date.

4)No workaholics. Responsable, yes, but not married to the job at the cost of everthing else.

5) Understood my kids come first, and vise versa.

6)Had to enjoy the physical part of a relationship, and work to keep it going (Screw like a bunny, I guess! :P )

I met and dated a lot of nice men. I also met some strange men.

A couple times I almost fell in love, but something didn't feel 'right'.

They where very nice men, but whatever 'it' was, wasn't there.

That wouldn't be fair to them, or me.

I ended up meeting Sweetguy on Eharmony, and it was just like the commercial says 'click'.

He is my hot bunny, and he makes me happy!!

• Members
1. Has to be honest

2. has to be sane

3. Good communication skills

4 needs a job (notice that is not #1)

5 loves being outdoors

6 knows how to shoot

7 has to accept DD

8 Has to mind me :lol:

9 likes to go cat fishing

10. likes to sit on my face and wiggle

Hey, Poon~ Do you mean mind you, or mind beng around you?? ha~ha~ha

• Members

After a few of those where the girl thought serious meant quit working, start hinting for a new car, etc...

I've really paid attention to what she has going on that shows she has put thought into securing her future rather than securing a man to buy it for her. I bought my first house at 23. No loan, no BS. I do have a tendency to keep 6-8 vehicles around and certain trips require certain vehicles. 1 or 2 may sit as emergency use just in case but I do my best to keep them in great condition. When neighbors are in debt so show off that shiny new plastic car, I just wait for the day that a mechanic is towing theirs away then I drive by and show him that mine runs, I know how to fix it if needed, and it's paid for! And if something happens, I switch keys and I get where I'm going!

I don't expect anyone to match the age part but there should be more than just talking about it.

• Review Team
3) Love me, love my dog. My dog has been with me thru thick and thin, and always loved me no matter what.

We are inseperable. He is with me 24/7. I had one guy come to pick me up and asked what my dog was doing in the house.

End of date.

YES, how could I forget that one!?!? I love my babies and we are a packaged deal! In a previous job I had reason to have to go to the local animal shelter a lot (heart-breaking) and I cannot tell you the number of really get pups, pure breeds even, that were there because "the owner got married to a non-dog person." WTF?

• Members

I didn't bother to list that one. My dogs always give me a pretty good read on shitheads! When a dog person walks in they give them the same welcome that me or my gf get!

Guest eminatic

-no alcoholics (drinking is different from alcoholism)

-must not have every aspect of their life run by someone else (sister/mom etc)

-does not go to strip clubs on a DAILY basis

-goes to bars a few times a month or LESS and does not use bars as an excuse to get rid of me due to my age.

-understands that "NO" actually means "NO"

thats all i can really think of...i dont have much to base it off of except my ex...lol...

• Members

Haven't been there for many years and probably won't be. But if I was she would have to be happily indepent as a person and have a life of her own.

And also be more than willing to do "unnatural" things in the sack. I'm too old to play games.

• Members

As a single dope, there wasn't much required. Pretty to some degree, a mutual spark, and enjoying each other's company for whatever reason.

Now, if I were to become single due to divorce, I'd probably be bitter and anti-marriage and anti-woman that I'm not sure I'd even want to bother dating any time soon. (of course I'm a dopey guy, so if some pretty girl smiled at me I might forget about all the bitterness.)

If I were to become single cuz the wife kicked-off, I'd probably be too busy raising the kids to have time for much dating. If I was able to swing it, I might add some requirements like

1) Not too young, cuz that would limit how much we have in common

2) Has a kid or more of her own, cuz I ain't makin' any new ones, and someone already a mom would better tolerate my brats. (don't know if that's true, but that's the way I'm thinking for now)

3) Likes the great outdoors and doesn't mind hot weather.

4) Isn't desperate for a hubby, to make ends meet or otherwise.

5) No boozaholics or druggies or smokers.

6) Changes toilet paper rolls when they run out.

Well, I am married now. But, when I was ready for a relationship, I could tell I'd want to be in a relationship with someone if:

* He had a job.

* He made me laugh a lot.

* He had manners

* He was physically active

* He had to like animals (and I don't mean on the plate or hanging on the wall).

* He tolerated my quirks (yes, I really do have some.....believe it or not LMAO).

* He was respectful of me around his friends.

* He knew we were exclusive

* He treated more than a sex object

* I was really attracted to him more than just a friend.

• Members

It doesn't take much for me to start dating someone... just an initial interest and continued chemistry. For me to start seriously dating them, however, we have to have been together for several months without me beginning to think "haha, there's absolutely no way this is going to work longterm." So far it has only happened once, and I'm still with him. I can usually tell within a couple of weeks if it's doomed from the get-go :P