Official Community Forums Home

Oh For The Love Of Pete!

• Members

Hubby and I went to the mall, just to walk around, and get this book I have been wanting. So, of course I have to stop by the pet store and oogle the puppies. There was the most beautiful long haired german shepard puppy, so I had to pet her. All the sudden one of the employees go hauling ass out of the store, followed by another employee and 2 random guys. Apparently, some fucktard decided to try and steal 2 ferrets...just walked right out of the store with them in plain view!! Luckily they got the poor ferrets back, and the guy was arrested :rolleyes: idiot

• Members

I have a German Shepherd puppy!!! I'm so happy. I get off work in the morning and get to go home and see her. Good job on stopping to pet one!!!!!! :) I love my baby girl.

• Members

The stupidity of some people really does amaze me sometimes.....I mean, REALLY people,you look like asses!

• Members

That is insane. People just don't think.

• Members

I'm sure they are thinking shortstuff! Thinking that they are untouchable! It must be something in the water. It's too bad they couldn't tackle that snapperhead without hurting the ferret!!!

• Members

Thank goodness they caught the guy! People like that are usually planning to turn around and try to sell the animals for a profit... theft of exotic pets is fairly common due to the pricetag they carry. The sad thing is that people who steal the animals rarely know how to care for them properly. One time I was in an exotic pet store when a pair of sugargliders were stolen, the people had asked to take them out and hold them, then slipped out of the store with them while the employees were busy with other customers. One of the thieves had told an employee that they had a female sugarglider at home already who had a baby in her pouch... if that's the case and they introduced the male they stole into the same cage, I can almost guarantee you he killed that baby so he could breed the female himself sooner.

• Members

I never had any babies killed that way but that doesn't mean they can't/won't do it! They do spend their first few months in mama's pouch so he would have a fight on his hands to say the least! I have seen one of our hedgehogs cannibalize her own babies though!

• Members

Usually only males unrelated to the offspring will kill them, and it doesn't always happen, but it's pretty common. Kinda the same concept as a male lion killing all the cubs when he takes over a pride.

• Members

We always kept 1 male with 2 females and never seperated them. We did make the mistake of seperating a male baby from its parents before we had inbreeding issues. We thought putting the cages close together would help with the seperation. At some point during the night one of the parents grabbed the babies arm trying to pull it back into teir cage. He was found the next morning like that!

Noone had ever heard of this before that day but I made sure to spread that lesson to others!

It's absolutely ridiculous! Trying to ferret ferrets! Gawd!!! :rolleyes: I'm glad they caught the people. People that can't afford ferrets shouldn't have them, because not only are they expensive to buy, they get sick, their feed is expensive, cleaning up after them can get expensive (cleaner and stuff), and all their toys are expensive. I had 2. People have NO clue the cost of being a responsible ferret owner.

And, if they WERE trying to set them free, they really WERE idiots!! Bred ferrets have NO clue how to support themselves in the wild. I think that's one of the cruelest things to do to an animal. Get them use to one way of living, and then abandon them, even if you think you're doing so with the best intentions.

• Members

They were probably planning to try to sell them.

• Members

Yeah Em, I guess that's a state law since it's perfectly legal here in Texas.

Guest eminatic

hmmm things you NEVER see in a (northern) California pet store:ferrets, chinchillas and PUPPIES. i know ferrets were illegal but im not sure if there was actually a law about puppies or if it was some unspoken rule XD

• Review Team
Yeah Em, I guess that's a state law since it's perfectly legal here in Texas.

My niece has two ferrets she got from pet stores, so I guess it's legal here, too.