Official Community Forums Home

Fredricks Of Hollywood!

mystofpric

• Members

Here she goes!!!!

I've been busting a little tail and picked up a small part time gig. So after getting almost all of my bills caught up I decided to treat myself and my now 40lb lighter body to some cute undies! Something different as I was kinda trying to see this guy (don't get me started on that) and since I dislocated a finger at the quarry, I have another colopo friday and i had to deal with my family all day sunday, I thought I was due.

I log on to Fredricks of Hollywood, purchase some cute shoes and panties (woohoo sale!) and check out. even had a code for free shipping. Sweet. So I'm off and running and I get this notice that if I want to join their beauty program free for 30 days and the 79.99 for the year (swag, I can do that in a month maybe if not cancel) So I say sure and sign up. I get home from work do my stuff, go to check my account so I know how much I have for my meds tomorrow, and bam, 79.99 missing. WTF. So I cal Fredricks, no problem they cancel they were in the wrong. Awesome, got my confirmation code, call the bank to update them (always do this or it could take a week to get your refund) they say awesome have them call us to confirm and we'll release teh hold.

SCORE! how easy was that? So I can Fredricks and run into a brick wall. Evidently they can't call out. Okay well can I talk to a supervisor? Well she can't help you but fine. Sure enough the Supervisor says the same. BUT <light at the end of teh tunnel> they can call us! WOOOHOO.

I'm back on the phone with the bank, the guy, sounded cute, was like wtf they are in a call center and can't call out? no way. I'll call them. BAM another brick wall same deal.

So basically because fredricks goofed and charged me too soon, I may have to bite the overdraft fees if my order goes through tomorrow? No. Hommie don't play that way. I'll be fighting with both the bank AND fredricks for my money. Why are you in a call center that can't call? I give the guy from the bank props for trying but seriously, what happens in the event of an emergency? Hmmm? Really, you can't dial out? These things never happen? You never have to try and help a customer out? Me thinks NOT.

• Members
Ummm....I work in a call center and I don't know if they really can't call out or not but where I work, you can call out, not supposed to unless you are troubleshooting (I work for a major cable company) and its very rare so yes it is possible for a call center not able to call out.

But it does seem like a random issue. Oh the irony......

• Members
Yeah but not all call centers are outbound call centers, I work in a inbound call center which means we do not call out to other businesses, customers, etc. That is not what we do, we take calls, do not make them. Another words, those telemarketers who call you are in an outbound call center and you can't call them. Anything customer service related is going to be strictly an inbound call center and only take calls don't make them.

I hate to break it to you but that is not completely true. I worked in a customer service related call center and sometimes to provide excellent customer service you need to be able to make calls to handle things for your customers. There is always a way to call out. I was a manager for a Call Center for 5 years up until I left to have my daughter and be a stay at home mom. I have also before that worked in another call center that was inbound as well and we could still call out. The one that I was manager for was for the banking industry. The second one was merchandise related for a company that took inbound calls from customers that needed to place orders for things. Like I said both could make outbound calls. What if you needed to follow up on something with a customer...do you tell them call me back in 2 days so we can make sure it all went alright.

Any customer service related call center that cannot make outbound calls is not 100% customer satisfaction driven in my opinion.

• Members

I want to congratulate your weight loss. You deserve a little something, something. Are we going to see your splurge?

• Members
I want to congratulate your weight loss. You deserve a little something, something. Are we going to see your splurge?

Sadly no. They called because my bank wouldn't authorize my order ($120!) so they canceled my order. F-them. Fredricks of hollywood can bite me. Anyone know of any decently prices lingere sites?

• Members
Sadly no. They called because my bank wouldn't authorize my order ($120!) so they canceled my order. F-them. Fredricks of hollywood can bite me. Anyone know of any decently prices lingere sites?

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/

http://www.trashy.com/

http://www.hipsandcurves.com/

Try these! :)

• Members

ha~ha~ha Sunny!

Leave it to you to give her a list!! :D

I am NOT laughing at you, I am laughing because I am a pretty undies girl, myself, and I LOVE all those same places!

SUZY~GIRL~CONGRATS!

Guest eminatic
If you had read my post before, yes we can call out. I stated that most customer service call centers are inbound related so you are not allowed to just call out willy nilly for anything and you can call the customer back to check on certain troubleshooting issues. However, it is highly believeable that they are not able to call out to another company or to a customer's bank. Not saying they can't cause they can just that they are not obligated to, are not supposed to and don't need to, that is the responsibility of the customer. I have had customers who goes as far as doing 3 way calls with their bank and the call center. Its just not something inbound call centers do and don't have to either.

*FYI: a manager of a call center can do much more than a regular rep can but again don't have to call a customers bank or what have you.

i'd believe that, alot of my friends worked in call centers and said that the second you hang up (or even if the current call gets disconnected) the next call in line automatically starts, so they don't have a choice but to take the next call.

• Members
If you had read my post before, yes we can call out. I stated that most customer service call centers are inbound related so you are not allowed to just call out willy nilly for anything and you can call the customer back to check on certain troubleshooting issues. However, it is highly believeable that they are not able to call out to another company or to a customer's bank. Not saying they can't cause they can just that they are not obligated to, are not supposed to and don't need to, that is the responsibility of the customer. I have had customers who goes as far as doing 3 way calls with their bank and the call center. Its just not something inbound call centers do and don't have to either.

*FYI: a manager of a call center can do much more than a regular rep can but again don't have to call a customers bank or what have you.

Well I had called the call center a couple of times and did in fact speak to a supervisor, none of whom were willing to even try and help me. i was even happy to be on the line with them. All I was asking for them to do was talk with me and my bank and say "yes we canceled the charges" so that my money could be released to me. Now in this stituation, where they readily admited that THEY messed up and charged me THEY needed to fix the problem, I was trying to work with them. Not once did I get upset or rude. I kept a smile on my end and tried to be as sweet as pie with them. THEY failed MISERABLY in their customer service skills. HORRIBLY. So much so that I am firmly saying that they are a terrible company to work with for anything at all. Their product may be top-notch, but unless you can go to brick and mortar store forget it, not worth your time, headache, or bank account.

Now saying that they don't have to go so far as to do a three-way call to fix THEIR mistake is ridiculous. The second they say "well ma'am, your right we did incorrectly charge you" they accept full responiblity to correct THEIR mistake. Anything less, is just poor business.

• Members
i'd believe that, alot of my friends worked in call centers and said that the second you hang up (or even if the current call gets disconnected) the next call in line automatically starts, so they don't have a choice but to take the next call.

That is true that the next call automatically comes in, but you also have functions that can stop that. If you couldn't then how would you go home as a new call would keep coming in.

• Members

Yes your post before said you guess it is possible. No it is absolutely possible. My reps could call out. If a company is about being there for their customers...especially in this instance when it was the company's mistake they should have bent over backwards to rectify this situation. They are obligated to make sure that their customers situation is handled which can mean phone calls, letters, emails or whatever the case may be to make that customer happy. It is not the responsiblity of the customer when it is the COMPANY'S fault. Why do they have to do all of the work. That is a company that I would never want to do business with.

• Members
SCORE! how easy was that? So I can Fredricks and run into a brick wall. Evidently they can't call out. Okay well can I talk to a supervisor? Well she can't help you but fine. Sure enough the Supervisor says the same. BUT <light at the end of teh tunnel> they can call us! WOOOHOO.

I'm back on the phone with the bank, the guy, sounded cute, was like wtf they are in a call center and can't call out? no way. I'll call them. BAM another brick wall same deal.

So basically because fredricks goofed and charged me too soon, I may have to bite the overdraft fees if my order goes through tomorrow? No. Hommie don't play that way. I'll be fighting with both the bank AND fredricks for my money. Why are you in a call center that can't call? I give the guy from the bank props for trying but seriously, what happens in the event of an emergency? Hmmm? Really, you can't dial out? These things never happen? You never have to try and help a customer out? Me thinks NOT.

They can call out. They just don't want to. When they said the "can't" they lied to you. It may be against the rules, it may be that there is only one out-going line and it's in use all the time, it may be that the supervisor has told them not to, but I cannot imagine a business that has telephone lines and and it is literally impossible to call out. They have the capability to call you and if they wanted to help you they could. They simply don't want to.

More importantly - lost 40 lbs? That's something to celebrate!! :D

• Members
You also get in trouble for doing stuff like that. Do you know how many times people hang up on you because they don't like something?? You can't stop and worry about someone's issue when the next call comes in. If the call is lost or the customer hangs up, you can't and shouldn't be worrying about them any longer. You have to approach the next caller and their issue.

You must have worked in an incredibly flexible call center with no rules whatsoever.

Bottom line is: issues involving ones bank acct or such is something the customer is responsible for. They admitted to their mistake and were more than happy to fix it but the customer has to contact the correct people, afterall, it is their bank acct not that of Frederick's. How many people do you think Frederick's call center deals with every day??? They can't stop to call every single customer's bank to reverse something. If the customer does it that has them making what? like 2 or 3 calls in total versus possibly hundreds that Frederick's would have to do.

Not without justifiable cause. Yes you get customers that hang up and such. Yes they want to keep the drop call rate down below their target percentage. It had lots of rules with first and foremost being helping the customer to resolve and issue especially when it was OUR mistake.

• Members

40 pounds!!!! CONGRATULATIONS Suzy!!!!!! How long did it take you? Don't treat yourself with too much new sexy underwear if you intend to keep losing weight though, cause soon you'll need smaller sizes :lol:;) Fantastic accomplishment! :D

Guest eminatic
You also get in trouble for doing stuff like that.

yeah, i was about to say that. most representatives can't just choose to call out or stop incoming calls outside of designated times at their own discretion unless they are a manager or other position of power.

• Members
40 pounds!!!! CONGRATULATIONS Suzy!!!!!! How long did it take you? Don't treat yourself with too much new sexy underwear if you intend to keep losing weight though, cause soon you'll need smaller sizes :lol:;) Fantastic accomplishment! :D

Thanks hun! Well I just wanna tone up from here, not lose any more. Besides I only went down to a 36DD in my bra size so no worries there. I checked out the sites Sunny left and WHOA!! Trashy is sooooo amazing!

• Members

Suzy,

I don't know if you're still looking but I stumbled upon this lingerie site and loved some of the stuff they have

http://www.doxylingerie.com/

I have to admit I'd love to see you show off what you've got for yourself once you buy some goodies, and I'm sure others won't mind seeing your pics too ;) I feel so happy (and motivated) when I hear about someone winning the weight loss battle!

Congrats once again on the -40, it's amazing! :)

That's totally true. I worked at a very popular call center, and yes, you can call out, especially to resolve customer issues. There's usually a code, or a button to stop the incoming calls (like when they go to a break, or need to resolve issues).

If this happens again, you can demand to speak to the Supervisor's boss, which is usually the call center's manager. It sounded like they were just being lazy. Anything that is charged, can be cancelled. Of course, they don't like to do so, cuz they loose the $$. However, if this is how they do business, I would not do any with them in the future. In fact, I am such a retail "bitch" that, if it were me, I'd find the address to their home office (usually on their homepage), and write them a complaint. Give specific dates, and if you know the operator(s) you spoke with, give their names too.

• Members

Well I for one will admit that back when I got Freddys of Hollyweird catalogs in my mailbox frequently I popped a boner within a minute or less of checking it out. Plenty of times I would jack off a nice load looking at the hot babes and or wishing my gf at the time would dress up for me in outfits like these. Just a guys point of view.

As far as the other issue goes I am pretty calm right now and would prefer to stay that way.

I went to each of these sites and liked the trashy girl site the best. I added it to my 'favorites' list. For the usual reasons....

• Members

I have had problems with fredericks as well. I ordered some things that were on sale, only one thing arrived and they said the other would not be coming it was no longer in stock. Well WTF I ordered it and it said in stock I was furious because I paid so much in shipping for one thing instead of what I ordered I will never buy from them again!!

Guest eminatic

you know now that you mention it, i ordered something from them once and it said it was pink and i ended up getting black. i looked on my receipt to see if the order was mistaken but it did indeed say pink on the invoice. they wouldn't let me return it in the store and they said if i sent it back i'd have to pay for the shipping.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I am with you SuzyP screw F of H. All that shit they said to you just sounded like 1 lie after another to me. :(

Have you tried Victorias Secret? What about your local Sex Toy Shop?? In my AO we have Lovers Package. Every time I go to LP I try NOT to look at all the frilly panties and corsets and such cuz I dont wanna walk in there w/a boner...

Try a google search of like Halloween costumes...lil French maid outfits...nasty nurse Nancy outfits hmmm?? A couple weeks ago I was feeling my oats so tried what I just suggested to you and I found enuf hot items to shoot a nice 3 day load...HEY it took the edge off hon.........:P