Official Community Forums Home

Spitzer Vs Sanford

• Members

I heard a comment on TV just now comparing the Eliot Spitzer and Mark Sanford "discretions." A woman commentator said that it wasn't so bad for Mrs. Spitzer because her husband was just having sex with prostitutes but poor Mrs. Sanford's husband was involved in a relationship with another woman. I'm confused.

From a woman's point of view, would you feel less betrayed if your man was boinking whores as opposed to doing it to someone he didn't have to pay?

• Members

Did either of them tell their wife "Oh honey, I'm off to boink some other woman, cheers!" I doubt it. So I have to say they both suck big monkey balls. Oh and Sanford darling, what in god's green earth made you think that as a governor you could just up and leave for a week? DUMB! You got the money, fly her to you! DUH! Why are such stupid people allowed to run our country?

• Members
I heard a comment on TV just now comparing the Eliot Spitzer and Mark Sanford "discretions." A woman commentator said that it wasn't so bad for Mrs. Spitzer because her husband was just having sex with prostitutes but poor Mrs. Sanford's husband was involved in a relationship with another woman. I'm confused.

From a woman's point of view, would you feel less betrayed if your man was boinking whores as opposed to doing it to someone he didn't have to pay?

Honestly I believe either would induce vomiting! but if I have to chose, I think I would feel slightly less betrayed if he was having sex w/ prostitutes than if he was having an affair (which includes emotions)... Both would not end pretty but after really thinking about it I think the second is a deeper pain.

• Members
Its the same either way. Cheating is cheating whether money is involved or not.

Agree 100%

Guest eminatic

cheating is cheating but the emotional attachment to another woman in the case of an affair adds insult to injury. (however picking up an std from a prostitute would also be insulting i imagine)

I'd also be interested if the men on the board feel one less horrible than the other?

Both situations are horrid and an absolute and utter betrayal to your spouse. But I can see differences.

Sleeping with prostitutes, IMO, is dangerous and wreckless. Even using protection, it is possible to contract STDs. And if you trust the prostitute because she said she doesn't have any, you are a fool. So, to me, sleeping with prostitutes is playing russian roulette with your health.

But having a longterm affair is an emotional commitment to a woman outside of your marriage. This is emotional infidelity and it means that the man is seeking more than just sexual relief. This is far more than physical. In some situations, I think infidelity occurs even if there is not sex involved. Marriage is about more than sex. And if you invest yourself emotionally in someone of the opposite sex more than you do your spouse, this is infidelity. It happens frequently and I think it is just as dangerous to a marriage as cheating on a sexual level.

So both of these types of cheating are completely despicable. And I don't think either ranks above the lowest act that could be comitted.

• Review Team
cheating is cheating but the emotional attachment to another woman in the case of an affair adds insult to injury...

I have to agree.

• Members
I'd also be interested if the men on the board feel one less horrible than the other?

Fundamentally, the question needs to be raised on why? Whether male or female, you need to ask that question first. Some guys cheat because that's what they know, others may be driven to it. While there is no good excuse, the question, in my opinion, has to be asked first.

• Members
But having a longterm affair is an emotional commitment to a woman outside of your marriage. This is emotional infidelity and it means that the man is seeking more than just sexual relief. This is far more than physical. In some situations, I think infidelity occurs even if there is not sex involved. Marriage is about more than sex. And if you invest yourself emotionally in someone of the opposite sex more than you do your spouse, this is infidelity. It happens frequently and I think it is just as dangerous to a marriage as cheating on a sexual level.

If it was my wife having sex with someone else I would prefer that she be emotionally involved with the person. If she was just sleeping with him for the fun of it I would be wondering "what's wrong with me?" Love happens. Sex is a choice.

• Members
If it was my wife having sex with someone else I would prefer that she be emotionally involved with the person. If she was just sleeping with him for the fun of it I would be wondering "what's wrong with me?" Love happens. Sex is a choice.

Is one forgivable and the other not?

• Members
Is one forgivable and the other not?

I'm sure both would leave a scar on the relationship.

I think almost anything is forgivable, not sure about forgetting though.

• Members
I'm sure both would leave a scar on the relationship.

I think almost anything is forgivable, not sure about forgetting though.

Yes. I agree.

Both are horrible transgressions, and both show the crakes in the foundation of a relationship. One emotional, the other physical.

• Members

It is betrayal no matter what, some are more forgiving than others I suppose.

The rest of my answer is rather long winded and would have to be relegated to the politics forum; as I have a sever tendency to bitch about the media's constant bullcrap over the GOP sexual scandals, the moral majority question, and their [media's] inability to report fairly on Demoocrats and Republicans on the matter.

• Members
Did either of them tell their wife "Oh honey, I'm off to boink some other woman, cheers!" I doubt it. So I have to say they both suck big monkey balls. Oh and Sanford darling, what in god's green earth made you think that as a governor you could just up and leave for a week? DUMB! You got the money, fly her to you! DUH! Why are such stupid people allowed to run our country?

And your state as well considering the recent rash of New York governors... lmao I forgot to add my own Brad Henry into this mix, that man up and disappears to hell knows where, you can't find him at the office, we have it confirmed the do-nothing governor has a sever love of golf :P though in his case its not a sexual misadventure that he takes off for, him and his wife do a lot of missionary work.