Official Community Forums Home

Gee, Really Tootimid?

• Members

There is a reason I order from you..it is because I am timid. Very timid thank you. I can't help it, it's just me. I've never had this trouble before but after going months without ordering from you I order something...Great, nifty, I was not ashamed I have grown a lot, yay me!..Then I get the item. It is in a plain bubble envelope in the exact shape of the product to one side. And the cherry on top in at one end of that shape there was an actually hole in the mailer, like someone had been sneaking peeks :o ...

So needless to say, your plain brown 'boxes'? Not really working...

I don't mean this as a rant, as I don't hate anyone here for it..but...

I know, I know 'get over it' 'your mail people don't really care' but I'm feeling very..bad right now...

I don't know if I'm going to be able to order anything again...

• Members

I will just say I have received many shipments from them in small brown envelopes to boxes and have never had a problem. Sorry you had this problem. As far as a hole in the packaging that can happen with anything when things are going through mailing. That was unfortunate that it happened. It doesn't have anything to do with lack of caring of your order by those involved with the shipping of your item. I will tell you they have always been great no matter what issue I might have had. As far as the shape. I have had things come that are very defined shapes and were in an envelope. If it was that tight and noticeable I doubt it would be put in the packaging like that. They are and always have been VERY discreet. Yes you may have thought it was very easy to detect what it is, but remember one thing you are the person that ordered it so you know what is in it. For other they don't and I will tell you more than likely they will not jump to that first.

I am not trying to attack you in anyway with this but I just wanted to tell you my experience with this company.

• Members

Oh, I know you're not trying to attack me and I'm not actually truly trying to attack tootimid exactly :) . I am grateful for the work they do..It's just I would pay a bit extra to make sure it was mailed in something a bit more..box-ish if there was a way to make sure of it. Really I would...This post was more out of shock than anger :(

• Members

Hi Moonstar!

I am sorry that this item seemed 'less than discreet' to you, as well as that someone invaded your mail. I actually had a box once that was ripped open and re-taped. Not sure if it was misdelivered to my neighbors or if the post office did it - in any case, it was annoying even though I was not embarrassed!

I know how you feel, even if you are not ashamed that you purchase sex toys, there is no reason to have EVERYONE know what is in the box.

With that being said, TT (as well as most businesses) attempt to offer the most economical shipping possible. Costs less to you, saves on waste, and saves the environment. That is why smaller orders are shipped in these bubble envelopes. I assume the product was also in a plastic case or it's own packaging? That should have helped with the detection of what it is.

I am sure if you put a little note on the bottom of your order (there is a box there for special instructions) that they would be glad to put your items in larger boxes (maybe it might cost a bit more). If you choose to order again (and I hope you do) I am very confident this can be done.

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your purchase and don't let this incident deter you from enjoying your items, or visiting TT as well!

Guest eminatic

i actually prefer the bubble envelopes over boxes...it seems like its sticking out like a sore thumb to you, but honestly unless someone really had their mind in the gutter its not very obvious...sometimes when i buy cosmetics and stuff over the internet, they wrap the jars in a tube of bubble wrap so it comes looking like that shape anyway

one time my sister came in with a package for me from TT, they were ben wa balls and you could hear them clacking :lol:

• Members

I'm sorry you didn't have a great experience with the shipping. It seems like an isolated situation. I have has many, many shipment from TT and not one was in a distinguishable package, not only am I timid, I also have curious kids. The next time you order use Mikayla's suggestion just to be on the safe side.

• 2 weeks later...

First, I am sorry that you were unhappy. That said, I would go with Mik's suggestion of the special requests as far as shipping goes. They ship your item according to cost & size of the item. They really do do as much as possible to ensure that your order arrives as discreetly & quickly as possible (for what you pay in shipping).

I would say, between personal orders, and my assignments here as a Reviewer, I've recieved well over 100 packages. Only ONE had a tear in it, and it was the bubble wrapped envelope, but those things do get weaker at the edges. On your special instructions, you could request extra taping around packaging, if it's coming in one of those envelopes.

Also, please keep in mind that, where YOU know what you've ordered, nobody else can really guess just by looking at the packaging. People get DVDs in the mail, but you can't tell WHAT kind is in there. Like Em said, makeup can have similar shapes to many toys, as well as other items people buy. So, unless they ripped it open to see what was inside, people at the post office handle so many packages, that, they don't have time or really care to guess who's getting what.

I hope this doesn't discourage you from ordering here. I've ordered from other sites, and never have had the quality of delivery, products, and the guarantee that I have found here. And, no, I don't get bonuses or incentives to say that.

• 3 months later...
  • Members

i have been with my boyfriend for a really long time, and we have never had inercourse. weve done other things though.. but we really want to have an inercourse. im not on birth control or anything and i know there is still a risk even if we use a condom. is there any way i can be 100 positive that i will not get pregnant?

Guest eminatic
i have been with my boyfriend for a really long time, and we have never had inercourse. weve done other things though.. but we really want to have an inercourse. im not on birth control or anything and i know there is still a risk even if we use a condom. is there any way i can be 100 positive that i will not get pregnant?

i think you're in the wrong area to ask this, but there is NEVER a 100% guarantee that you will not get pregnant other than not having sex. that said, it is usually best to use two forms of birth control such as the pill plus condoms/cervical cap plus condoms etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I can relate, Moonstar. Although I've only ever gotten boxes from TT (love that they are totally without identifiers), I have had those bubble envelopes from a certain other online toy company, one just a couple weeks ago. At first I had the unpleasant surprise and disconcerting feeling that everyone had to have known exactly what I was getting based on the shape. Once I got to thinking though, I realized that it was unlikely that anyone would have bothered to feel it like I did nor would have guessed what it was unless they were sick minded like me, lol. It's good to know that it's a possibility and that I could request a box if I was truly concerned about it. Thankfully, I've never even seen our delivery person (so I've only lived here for 3 weeks, lol), and I don't have any curious kids or other family members who might get the package other than hubby.

I hope this experience doesn't put you off. I do have to say that I've ordered from several online sources, and TT really is the only one I've been truly impressed with as far as discretion and customer service. Plus, the site is quite attractive. ;)