Official Community Forums Home

They Just Don't Dig It.

• Members

Perhaps this has brought up, if so my apologies! I was having a discussion with my gal pals, we range ages 19-24 and we went right into the oral sex discussion, I was SHOCKED having heard how many of them found the idea of giving their SO's oral sex disgusting or a turn off. But on the flip side, were totally down and loving, their SO's give them oral sex. It just makes me question, and remember what my tt family has taught me, isn't a good partner willing to reciprocate? If you do to one, one must return the favor? And the power, isn't it fantastic, meaning the control of having the ability to please your man? I'm not trying to offend those who do not give BJ's, there are some who don't so please don't take offense. Just wondering...

So I throw out to you ladies and gents, is it the age, lack of experience, maturity, or just not willing? What do you think stimulates such a one sided response? I know it varies.

• Members

probably both age and experience.never know if you like someting until you try it.also could be the partner they are with.more apt to try something and be ok with it when you are with someone you truly care about.

• Members

Next time have me come along I'll talk some sense into them!! ;) No but seriously, I think I def felt that way when I was new. I feel it is an issue of hangups and insecurity. Time, experience and a little positive reinforcement will help with that!

• Review Team

It could be that they see it as degrading. I thought this when I was younger and before I realized just how "in control" a woman is when giving oral. Besides the feeling, this might also be why they like men to go down on them - they some how see this as the man "lowering" (no pun intended) himself to please. Just a thought.

• Members

I have noticed that the 'newer' generation of women seem to be taking a greater dislike to giving blowjobs! In MY day, we had a few gals that didn't exactly enjoy it, but they would DO it. Then, after being married a while, they would stop doing it.

Some of my sister's friends (late 20's, early 30's) have reported that oral sex is not on their 'to do list' - some because of STD fears now, some because the men aren't doing it to them. Some just don't like it..period.

I find this attrocious! I mean, you HAVE to give head during foreplay. I know that in this day and age it is important to use protection, and giving a BJ with a condom does SUCK (pun intennded) but......if you are in a relationship where you are clean and cleared - then ORAL is a MUST.

• Members

Thanks for all the replies guys!

It's fascinating that some of you bring up the foreplay, I too, think oral sex and stimulation are indeed so very important, from what my friends tell me that whole part is being extracted and they go straight to sex, it just makes me confused to even imagine eliminating the entire build up and heading right to the wham!

• Members

I talk to a friend of ours last night that came to visit and she said that she wasn't comfortable with a man going down on her and she loves to go down on guys. So I found it so strange that she said she was uncomfortable with a man going down on her and she said she just got over that like a year ago. She said it was insecurity why she was so uncomfortable.

• Members

just let it go and enjoy it you are missing alot of orgasms and pleasure and the your man wants to give you pleasure

• Members
That would be my problem. I am so insecure that I can't enjoy him giving me oral but love to give him a blowjob.

I used to be like that too. Hopefully one day you will be able to get over those feelings and let go. It's still hard for me at times. Relaxation is key for me...

It's also a control thing, in giving you are the one in control, receiving he is... it's hard to give that up when you feel insecure...

• Members
Its not really a control thing with me. I just don't like my vagina and how it looks so don't want him down there. When I do let him, he doesn't do it for very long anyway, I think he probably knows my insecurity.

I hear ya! Been there!! ...but seriously the sooner you can realize that you ARE beautiful and special in your OWN way the better off you will be!

I wrote an article on self esteem awhile ago. Here's a link...

http://forums.tootimid.com/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=69814

It struck a chord with some people. Best of luck to you... again I am always here :)

• Review Team
I hear ya! Been there!! ...but seriously the sooner you can realize that you ARE beautiful and special in your OWN way the better off you will be!

Yep, been there, done that, too! For years I had a hard time enjoying any part of sex - oral or otherwise - and a lot of it had to do with how I thought I looked. I never stopped to think that I was exciting the man I was with at the time, so I must not have looked so bad. I have come to understand that now. Hubby gets excited just seeing my breast or rubbing his hand over a clothed Ms. Puss, so regardless of how I look to me, I must look and feel pretty good to him. ;)

I think acceptance of our body is something that is learned with age in many cases and has a lot to do with why so many mature (sounds better than older!) women are enjoying sex more now than when they were younger. Look at this board and see how many 30-somethings, 40-somethings, 50-somethings, and more, have said sex got better as they aged or that they enjoy things now they never used to think they would do.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Trust me I've been there, I dated a few men who would refuse to do it. I have no idea why, they just thought it was disgusting, now I make sure I get with someone who is open about sex as I am. To me I think it's unfair for a woman to please their partner and you don't get back anything in return. Now I refuse to please my partner unless I get pleasure as well. :) Unless of course if I'm on the rag, cause I know for some men they find it disgusting which I can understand, but than again some men find that sexy also, lol. It depends on the person, there age and how much experience they've had. I'm just lucky to have a boyfriend who enjoys doing it!! ;)