Official Community Forums Home

Cold Feet

• Members

I watched a TV show today, where the bride-to-be was feeling cold feet as her wedding was about to start; her fiance also fessed-up to having second thoughts, said it was normal and all that good stuff. The bride ended up bailing at the altar.

With the fellow's comment about second thought being normal, I thought back on my own wedding. I didn't have any second thoughts at all. A little nervous, but no cold feet at all.

How about the rest of youz (or the rest of all y'all) ? Any cold feet issues? Tales? Comments?

• Review Team

My husband and I met online. We met in person about two weeks later. He walked through the door and kissed me. It may sound corny, but I knew that moment that we were meant to be. Actually, I knew before we ever met in person, but it was confirmed that night. Call me a slut if you want, but we spent the night together that first night. When I woke up the next morning, actually having been able to sleep with someone else in my bed (NEVER had been able to do that before) I guess that just re-affirmed everything.

It was a few weeks later before he asked me to marry him, but there was no hesitation in my answer. We were married six months after that first night we spent together and, no, I never had cold feet, second-thoughts or anything like that. Today is actually our 5-month anniversay and I asked him this question. He said that he never had second-thoughts either.

On the other hand, my nephew and his girlfriend were together about 4 years before they got engaged. They had a year-long engagement, and then she got cold feet a month before. They postponed, even though 400 invitations had already been sent, but finally got married about six months after their orginal date.

I guess it all just depends on the people.

• Members
I watched a TV show today, where the bride-to-be was feeling cold feet as her wedding was about to start; her fiance also fessed-up to having second thoughts, said it was normal and all that good stuff. The bride ended up bailing at the altar.

With the fellow's comment about second thought being normal, I thought back on my own wedding. I didn't have any second thoughts at all. A little nervous, but no cold feet at all.

How about the rest of youz (or the rest of all y'all) ? Any cold feet issues? Tales? Comments?

Nope not me but I think he may have.. he was younger, well, is younger than me... It was more of a fear of whether he could really stay true to me. Though we have had ups and downs we have been married for 14+ years now...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
My husband and I met online. We met in person about two weeks later. He walked through the door and kissed me. It may sound corny, but I knew that moment that we were meant to be. Actually, I knew before we ever met in person, but it was confirmed that night. Call me a slut if you want, but we spent the night together that first night. When I woke up the next morning, actually having been able to sleep with someone else in my bed (NEVER had been able to do that before) I guess that just re-affirmed everything.

It was a few weeks later before he asked me to marry him, but there was no hesitation in my answer. We were married six months after that first night we spent together and, no, I never had cold feet, second-thoughts or anything like that. Today is actually our 5-month anniversay and I asked him this question. He said that he never had second-thoughts either.

On the other hand, my nephew and his girlfriend were together about 4 years before they got engaged. They had a year-long engagement, and then she got cold feet a month before. They postponed, even though 400 invitations had already been sent, but finally got married about six months after their orginal date.

I guess it all just depends on the people.

Well hey there MsLayD,

I won't call you a slut if you don't call me a slut! :D

Never had no cold feet cuz my mid section was wayyyy to hot! I thought that all women liked to give head and were as horny as I was/am, with time I started realizing that this was not the case and I was mistaken. When you are really passionate and your partner is not it can get difficult at times. I'll tell ya, the way to a man's heart is through his cock, not his stomach. :D

j

• Review Team
... I thought that all women liked to give head and were as horny as I was/am, with time I started realizing that this was not the case and I was mistaken...

Some do and are. ;)

• Members

I can't speak for the wife, but I know I never had cold feet. Even when I was standing in the back of the church with the priest and my brother (my best man) the only thing I was nervous about was standing in front of 100+ people, but that concern vanished the INSTANT I saw my wife and how insanely beautiful she was....spent all morning getting ready just for me....and all I did was shave and put a tux on.

Have been happily married for a month and 21 days now!

• Members

I knew my first marriage was going to be a disaster six months before the fateful event. There are a lot of reasons I went through with it, all of them bad, but I did. Technically it lasted 4 years, but for the last two we were living in separate states fighting over how much of my net worth she was going to extract.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Not even the slightest bit of cool feet let alone cold feet. People should probably go with their instincts rather than rationalize their feelings. The divorce rate would probably decline sharply.

Randy.