Official Community Forums Home

How Many Times ?

• Members

Have you been in love?

We all know there is a lot of difference between being in love and having a lover or the love we feel for family members and friends.

I'm referring to the kind of love where the other person consumes nearly all of your thoughts. The kind where you want to be with them as much as possible. The kind where you feel like you could spend the rest of your life with them.

There are times when for whatever reason that love just doesn't work out but that being said, how many times have you told someone that you loved them and meant it?

• Members

For me I have only had 2 people that I loved and let consume my life. One I am still the best of friends with even though the relationship has moved on. The other is my daughters father. We were together for over 10 years...even thought the last few years the love was gone and I dealt with the crap for my daughter's sake.

Some people throw around I love you too easily. It takes a lot for me due to things I have been through in my life. I had some thick walls up or as we referred to my cave. After being hurt so bad it took some time for the second person to work through those walls for me to realize I did deserve to be loved again.

• Review Team

I have three friends who I love dearly: one who I see on a regular basis, one I talk to a lot but hardly ever see, and one who I never get to talk to anymore or see, but who I still think about often and miss terribly.

As for being "in love" - hard one for me actually. I never believed in love, at least not for me, until fairly recently. The first guy I fell for quite accidently and he ended up breaking my heart. However, as things were falling apart for us, I met the man who would become my husband. I was very scared to give love a chance again, but after a lot of support from the afore mentioned friends, I let myself open up to him. He fell for me first and the first time he told me he loved me I almost bolted! But something told me that he was different and that I needed to give him a chance. I am so glad I did.

So, I guess that is the long way of saying that I have been in love twice.

• Members

Like MsLayD, I have loved quite a few. I have a dear, dear friend- my Best Friend - who is male who I love; I love my ex GF Mia; I love many of my good friends. However, to be IN LOVE - that is different for me too.

Without giving a too long of an explanation about my past, I can say that until the last year or so I really didn't realize what being IN LOVE meant. I have had some very interesting experiences in my life - with both men and women. I have had that 'all consuming, lustful, I need to see them' feeling - and I thought that this was love. I was wrong.

I can honestly say I didn't realize what true love really is. I didn't understand that it is much, much more than sexual attraction or lust; much more than caring for them; much more than liking them as a person. True Love is something that you don't know until it hits you like a ton of bricks - and - this love is not always found in places that you would expect.

So, did I answer the question? You tell me.

• Members
Have you been in love?

We all know there is a lot of difference between being in love and having a lover or the love we feel for family members and friends.

I'm referring to the kind of love where the other person consumes nearly all of your thoughts. The kind where you want to be with them as much as possible. The kind where you feel like you could spend the rest of your life with them.

There are times when for whatever reason that love just doesn't work out but that being said, how many times have you told someone that you loved them and meant it?

A bunch... Honestly I can say I have been in love 4 times for certain... a few others are sort of questionable. Like maybe it was infatuation ya know... Miss you MAN how are you??!

• Members

Only once.

I had a boyfriend that I thought I was in love with, but it was just young puppy love. I fell in love with my now husband my jounior year of highschool. We have been togeather 15 years and marrried for 12 years.

• Members

I have been "involved" several times in my 59 years, but my last relationship was the one that stands out. About 20 years ago I was married to a woman for almost 20 years who completely owned me. She completely destroyed me when she all of sudden walked out.

• Members

I can claim 1 person as my true love. There have been a few close calls inbetwixt but none like the one I screwed up!

• Members

I would have to say only once also. Meaning that truly, madly, deeply kind of love. The kind that when it ends rips your heart out and stomps it into bits. I have been in lust too many times. Not that I always gave into it tho!

Vix

• Members

I can happily say that I have only been IN LOVE once, and am still with that person. ^_^ There was one kid I thought I was in love with before, but really it was infatuation, not love.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Two times of true love for me.....countless times of just lust...lol