Official Community Forums Home

Shaving. What Do You Like And How Do You Do It?

• Members

I was just wondering what people do to their "downstairs hair" :D I know I like bald, but do guys?

For the longest time I kept hearing about brazilians and how great they were, so I decided to get one. Even though no one ever saw it, it was my own personal little pleasure. I would love to keep getting them on a regular basis, but they are expensive. I've tried shaving, but it turns out horrible; I get cuts, it grows back too quick, etc. I was wondering if anyone knew of better shaving techniques, or hair removal creams for that area? Thanks for the input. Your all great help to us newbies!!!! :D

• Members

Hey Gator :) Welcome to TooTimid!

If you keep reading past posts through the forum (especially in Everything Else, I believe), you'll see lots of conversations about shaving, bettering your techniques, etc. There's also an article or two under the Sex Education tab up above.

Personally, I prefer to be clean shaven down to skin. It feels cleaner to me, it's not any extra work other than doing it when I shave my legs, and both my husband and I find it enhances sex -- plus, there's no yucky hairs to pull from teeth!! ;)

Using a newer razor is best and if you can find the kind with aloe strips, that's even better. Shaving cream is great to use, but shampoo works wonderfully. TooTimid even carries a product called Coochy Cream which comes in different scents and works BEAUTIFULLY. Check out the review thread to see what I mean!

It's a personal preference to how you maintain your bush (or bushlessness). Experiment and see what you (and your mate) prefer! Have fun! :)

• Members

I shave my balls every few days, usually during a shower. It feels much more sensitive to the touch especially during one of my wife's patented hand-jobs. Also feels better when she licks them, but I only get a couple of bj's / year so that's hardly worth mentioning :( . I also trim the rest of the pubies to about an inch or so in length. Just looks better in my opinion, plus it doesn't hurt that it makes my pecker look bigger ;) . It wouldn't bother me to shave completely, but my wife hates when I do. I would LOVE it if my wife would shave that most beautiful of areas. Gotta love those landing strips! Anyway, I am fortunate that my wife is naturally lacking hair in that area, just a small soft, blondish tuft because she absolutely refuses to shave the pubes.

• Members

Welcome to the Forum!! I personally like bald, I shave everyday now my husband he is perfect just the way he is. I have gotten a brazilian wax before since I am a girl that likes to be bald there and smooth, those can get a little expensive though, so instead I shave everyday there is a great product here called Coochy cream it is awesome. I use a triple blade razor and when I use it once in that area it is retired off to my legs ect.. Coochy cream leaves you feeling smooth and no rash nothing. It is part of my everyday routine when I shower that I shave there whether it really needs it or not call it habit since I have been doing it since I was 14. In fact I know there is a few reviews on Coochy cream, also alot of information on the forum here about shaving and tips etc..

Good lUck and Welcome!

• Members

I want to thank you guys SOOOOOO much for recommending the Coochy Cream, it's the best thing in the world. I tried it last night for the first time. Not only did i get a better, smoother shave, I actually think it's taking longer for it to grow back and I doubt I'll have as many problem as normal when it does. THANK YOU!!!!!!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

I tend to keep mine shaved, but I also like trimmed

• Members

I'm a shaver (Mach 3 with Origins Blade Runner shave cream) and my girl is a waxer. She has a friend with a salon, but sometimes does it herself. I LOVE to give her oral when she's freshly stripped, and she seems to be very into my cleanliness also. I look at it this way... if she's more into it (as I am) when I'm clean shaven, NO QUESTION, I'll be shaving regularly.

• Members

I've trimmed but I've never shaved. I think that people put too much focus on making yourself look like you are a little kid again :P. To me it looks funny, although I can see why a guy would do his 'parts'. Everything else, no thank you ;)...Well, maybe if a guy has butt hair (as in between the cheeks) just..ew ->_>...

• Members
I've trimmed but I've never shaved. I think that people put too much focus on making yourself look like you are a little kid again :P. To me it looks funny, although I can see why a guy would do his 'parts'. Everything else, no thank you ;)...Well, maybe if a guy has butt hair (as in between the cheeks) just..ew ->_>...

Speaking of butt hair between the cheeks, any ideas on how to best take care of that area. I get that and it just feels icky. Traps you know what and if the wife decides to fuck me there well it seems a hair just wants to get in the way.Ouch.

But on the former note, I like mine shaven and her bald. Makes oral a delight getting and giving. I also think she smells cleaner with no hair there

Glenn

• Members
Speaking of butt hair between the cheeks, any ideas on how to best take care of that area. I get that and it just feels icky. Traps you know what and if the wife decides to fuck me there well it seems a hair just wants to get in the way.Ouch.

But on the former note, I like mine shaven and her bald. Makes oral a delight getting and giving. I also think she smells cleaner with no hair there

Glenn

My ex used to have me wax between his cheeks for him that is the only way I know of to get rid of it. I don't know if there are any better methods

• Members
Why not just shave it for your husband? Of course, there is electrolysis, to remove the hair permanently, but either shaving, or using a depilatory cream seems to be cheaper and quicker.

Howard

It is way to hard to get a razor between the cheeks we tried that first and depilatory cream left bad rashes on him.

• Members

I never liked shaving everything off because I felt childess, but my SO told me a few weeks ago he thinks its sexy when there is no hair down there so I've been shaving ever since. ^_^ (deff improves oral!)

I still get razor burn though, even though I use coochy, but I think its because I havent gotten the technique down correctly. I shave one area too much to get it 100% smooth and then bumps appear :( I think it just takes your body a little while to get used to shaving it *shrugs*

About the hair in between the butt cheaks, I recommend trimming the hair if its really long, then apply shaving cream, and squat in the shower to allow your cheaks to open and shave away! This works best for me :)

• Members

I love my wife completely shaved. In fact, she's the one who got me shaving as well. I wouldn't trade it for anything. I'm one of those lucky people who can just shave with a razor and no cream so I'm able to do it standing in the shower. With a fresh razor head (I use a mach 3) everything down there gets very smooth. With a razor head that's been used a few times, it takes a few swipes to get the same thing.

As far as the hair around the anus goes, I shaved myself down there for the first time not too long ago. If you aren't very coordinated when you can't see your hands, I wouldn't recommend shaving. I personally had no trouble by squatting, spreading with one hand, shaving with the other, and going very slow and thinking carefully about the directing the razor was facing in relation to how I was moving it. It wasn't a problem at all.

Thurisas.

• Members

the feminist side of me totally agrees with what people have said about looking child like. it makes sense. men like young fertile looking women. fertile = large breast and or butt/hips, and young = no hair, no cellulite, no wrinkles/sagging. i'm 19 and i have all three of those in someplace or another. im not against shaving i do it myself, but it's interesting to think about. and rather hard to keep up with sometimes. every once in a while i get sick of maintenance and just want to let it all go for a bit. but that’s what vacation is for right? (yay next week for me!)

• Members
the feminist side of me totally agrees with what people have said about looking child like. it makes sense. men like young fertile looking women. fertile = large breast and or butt/hips, and young = no hair, no cellulite, no wrinkles/sagging. i'm 19 and i have all three of those in someplace or another. im not against shaving i do it myself, but it's interesting to think about. and rather hard to keep up with sometimes. every once in a while i get sick of maintenance and just want to let it all go for a bit. but that’s what vacation is for right? (yay next week for me!)

I'm not trying to be feminist in any way actually, I just think it is a bit silly. I mean to me trying to look so young that you never have grown in hair yet is like trying to pretend you are 12 again :rolleyes: . I'm full grown and I don't try to hide my bodies age, it's just a part of me, hair and all. And if you wash yourself everyday, or even just use a wash towel between showers you don't smell down there period, so I don't see what the big deal is unless people are lazy <_< . And if you are too lazy to just take a towel bath every once in a while that is a whole other problem above even body hair :rolleyes:

It makes me sad when I hear about guys shaving off their happy trail I love happy trails <3!

• Members
I'm not trying to be feminist in any way actually, I just think it is a bit silly. I mean to me trying to look so young that you never have grown in hair yet is like trying to pretend you are 12 again :rolleyes: . I'm full grown and I don't try to hide my bodies age, it's just a part of me, hair and all. And if you wash yourself everyday, or even just use a wash towel between showers you don't smell down there period, so I don't see what the big deal is unless people are lazy <_< . And if you are too lazy to just take a towel bath every once in a while that is a whole other problem above even body hair :rolleyes:

It makes me sad when I hear about guys shaving off their happy trail I love happy trails <3!

It is not just the smell that can get trapped in the hair. It is also the hair that can get trapped in the teeth or stuck on the tongue when oral sex is given.

If you atleast keep it trimmed short then their wont be that problem, but the worst thing to me when I go down on a woman is if she doesn't keep trimmed and then all that hair gets in the way.

• Members
It is not just the smell that can get trapped in the hair. It is also the hair that can get trapped in the teeth or stuck on the tongue when oral sex is given.

If you atleast keep it trimmed short then their wont be that problem, but the worst thing to me when I go down on a woman is if she doesn't keep trimmed and then all that hair gets in the way.

I guess that is my thing then, I have never liked the idea of mouth sex...I guess I will just have to see when I meet the right guy :P

Anyhow, I heard of someone who had really long *nipple* hair once O.o Just..ew. I would so shave that :unsure:

• Members
Moonstar: I realize that you are young, so I am going to ask you to read the Sex Ed articles about oral sex, and then visit the Oral Sex Discussion topic on this forum to learn more about oral sex.

Oral sex is both a wonderful way to Play with your lover, and can also be a wonderful way to experience orgasms other than through sexual intercourse. Oral sex is something both men and women can enjoy giving and receiving. I believe many young people grow up being told, or having it implied that there is something disgusting about putting your mouth on another person's genitals. Its all wrapped up with training and feelings about defecation, and urination. No one ever suggest that things can be amazingly different with the application of soap and water. So, we grow up going , ICK! whenever someone talks about oral sex.

Until we finally try it. Then we figure out that Oral sex is not about how it makes us feel, but how it makes the partner we are giving oral sex to feel! Its about making your partner happy, and excited, and lose control and have orgasms that are wonderful in an of themselves. When both partners relish oral sex, both giving and receiving, it can be a wonderful way for them to play with each other, have a few orgasms, and get both excited before beginning sexual intercourse, where movement and positions are much more limited.

If you enjoy kissing a lover on the lips of his mouth, then you can learn to love to kiss that same lover anywhere, anytime, because of the passion it creates in you, and the excitement and passion it evokes in him.

If I had long nipple hair, I would pluck them out, rather than just cut them. That may sound painful, but it doesn't take may repeitions of plucking those hairs to get rid of them once and for all.

When you find a man with whom you can trust your inner most feelings, and enjoy hearing him laugh, and enjoying him making you laugh, and when you are with him, time seems to stand still, and just touching him gives you great pleasure and a sense of security , kissing will come easy, as will oral sex.

My second wife was afraid I might not call her again after we had sex. She slep for a day and a half, and I slept soundly for about 12 hours. Becuase the next day was Sunday Morning, I figured she would be going to late Mass with her parents, so I waited until the Afternoon to call her. When she answered she had just awakened! She told me she had been afraid I would not call her, and that she would be left as an one night stand by me( which I felt was a real insult to me, BTW, and no compliment to her, either), but she had only been up about 10 minutes and had already asked her parents if I had called. When I did call, she was very relieved, but insisted that I tell her why I didn't try to call her the night before. I told her the truth: " You wore me out, and I was sleeping! That's why!" She finally laughed at herself, and all the pissiness in her melted away, and we made arrangements to see each other after work the next day. Years later, she told me all the mean things she had planned to call me, and tell me if I hadn't called her. we both laughed, thankfully, and she admitted that she had read me totally wrong.

Howard

You know, it is odd but reasuring at the same time to get replies from you, if only becuase you are like, the exact same age as my daddy :lol:

I did grow up with older parents and have a very old fashion family, one of those 'don't ask, don't tell' types.

But more than anything I think I have certain reserved ideas about sex (not by myself, but with a guy) becuase so many of my friends had it so early...

One of my friends had a baby when she was 17, and then two more afterward, each by a different father she was never married to..and she just this year got them

all taken away and given to each said father...I know that I would die rather than have that happen to me...Of course I also know I am much smarter than that, so I guess it is not really an issue.

But if you lived in the druggie filled town I did, where people are popping out babies like it is going out of style (I want one someday but geesh, honestly :huh:!) you would understand my feelings on sex...

That coupled with the fact that I have had cerebral palsy since I was born (tight leg muscles, I have to wear leg braces sometimes) which is a whole other can of worms and self esteem issues :rolleyes:

• Members
A wise person learns from the mistakes of others, and hopefully keeps his/her own mistakes to a minimum. But life is about making mistakes, and getting on with liet, and making the best of the situation, hopefully. Nobody is perfect. You have to expect to make some mistakes, and they are never fun to admit, or correct.

With a history of medical problems, I am sure your parents might not have very sure just what kind of life you might be able to have when you grew up. I am not surprised that they did not talk to you about sex, both because their parents would not have talked to them about sex, and without some source of role modeling, how does that kind of conversation start?

One of the nicest pluses to this site is that the forum allows everyone to practice talking about sex to the extent that are comfortable. We try to encourage people to be as specific about their love making as they can, simply because " ya know" doesn't really convey much of any information! Its not at all unusual for people to speak full sentences in conversation and say absolutely nothing of substance! By practicing talk ( or writing ) about sex, we give people the skills to talk about sex at home.

Some of us oldies have made a planned practice of being as clear about sexual acts as possible here, when it serves a purpose, and we also don't shy away from using 4-lettered words when appropriate. It is a good way to make the audience of readers feel more at ease, and sometimes the use of street language is the only way the audience can understand what the heck we are talking about! We don't want to write over the heads of anyone who might find this forum, using medical and college level language, when we are just talking about " fucking ", for instance. That language may disturb some readers, but we all know what we are talking about, No?

I think you are being very adult, and rather courageous to come on the forum and ask questions, and share part of your life with us. Being a virgin carries with it responsibilites, and concerns that do not exist for most of us. We all remember when we were still virgins, no doubt, but there are so many different issues concerning sex to discuss after virginity is passed. Learning about kissing, and about petting, and oral sex, and sexual intercourse, and then about other forms of sexual play, including anal sex, playing with toys, alone, and with lovers, are all things that are oriented to people who are interested in sex as Adult Playtime. Sex is not some serious happening after you get past virginity issues. It can be fun then too, but not usually. There is too much fear of the unknown going on in the minds of both a man and woman when one or both are losing their virginity for them to relax and have much fun in the process. Before, or after, but not during the process.

I hope you continue to share with us, ask your questions, and let us old folks help you learn about what we all hope will some day become a wonderful experience for you, and one where you can enjoy the company and feelings that come during love-making.

Howard

I'm just very glad to be in a place where I don't get made fun of or get looked down upon. You have no idea how long I have had to deal with that :(

• Members
I never liked shaving everything off because I felt childess, but my SO told me a few weeks ago he thinks its sexy when there is no hair down there so I've been shaving ever since. ^_^ (deff improves oral!)

I still get razor burn though, even though I use coochy, but I think its because I havent gotten the technique down correctly. I shave one area too much to get it 100% smooth and then bumps appear :( I think it just takes your body a little while to get used to shaving it *shrugs*

About the hair in between the butt cheaks, I recommend trimming the hair if its really long, then apply shaving cream, and squat in the shower to allow your cheaks to open and shave away! This works best for me :)

Hey this idea worked very well, squating makes sense I don't know why I didn't think of it since it works great for inserting anal toys like butt plugs. Wife inspected and said it looked pretty good to her.

Glenn

• Members

Shaving is one of the greatest things we ever discovered !! I absolutely luv to have my wife shave. She has done landing strips, completely bare and right now has kind of settled into keeping her lips shaved and leaving her mound unshaven. She says that is the most comfortable for her. There is no question that licking a clean shaven pussy is the best from my perspective !

For me, I haven't gone completely bare. I did read a post from the ever so dependable Mikayla that recommended shaving the base of my shaft. Uh. Duh............why didn't I think of that sooner? Now that I started doing that the rewards have been very pleasant as the wife enjoys to deep throat me much more than before. I also keep my balls shaved with the same results receiving better oral pleasure.

Like I said. Shaving has been an extremely pleasant discovery for both of us. Once you get it into a routine the upkeep isn't bad at all and it is a treat for your partner when pleasuring you. As long as there aren't other complications this is a no brainer in my book.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I prefer to be shaved, but I have ALOT of problems with razor rash.

I get it ALL over my knees and the back of my thighs. Not only does it look terrible, it itches and drives me insane!

I know tootimid sells Coochy Cream - but is there ANYTHING else that can be done to prevent this? I have always got razor rash from shaving - no matter WHAT I do.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I shave usually. :) I've had one problem though. Each time I do shave, I always end up really sensitive afterwards. Sure I love getting excited, it just happens through out the whole day.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

• Members
I shave usually. :) I've had one problem though. Each time I do shave, I always end up really sensitive afterwards. Sure I love getting excited, it just happens through out the whole day.

Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

I need to shave tonight actually and I end up getting horny when I shave. So I guess ya'll know what I will be doing in the shower after dinner

Glenn