Official Community Forums Home

Male Masturbation

Mikayla1

• Members

My hubby's first article! Yeahhhhh MM!!!!

OK guys, before you go ballistic on me for attempting to write an article on MALE masturbation, I will assure you that the bulk of this article will be written by a MAN – my hubby! Since he has learned LOADS about masturbation in the last few years, I find it only appropriate that he bring his masculine view to the table and provide you guys with a helpful list of masturbation myths and mistakes in an attempt to bring more satisfying masturbation to you!

While you may assume that every guy knows how to masturbate, it simply isn’t true. Perhaps you didn’t have a male role model to explain it to you. Or, you are stuck in dry hand land. Even more, you have never used a masturbator or a toy designed for male pleasure! There is much to learn my masculine friends, and hopefully there will be ONE thing that this article can teach you. So, read on and enjoy and please let me know, did we teach YOU anything new about your pleasure?

GET OFF DRY HAND LAND AND SLIDE INTO LUBRICATION STATION

Alright guys, let me just say that this article will most likely lack some of Mikayla’s luster but I promised I would help out so here goes.

Like many of my buddies I learned to masturbate by trial and error. Sex was not discussed in my household and my mother practically passed out when she caught me with the Sears catalog (yes, it was all I had) when I was about 11. I just sort of evolved my thing and if it felt good I would do it. I think this is how many boys learn to masturbate.

When I met Mikayla, I was still living in what she terms ‘Dry Hand Land’ and I had no idea that any girlfriend of mine would want to know or care about my masturbation. I will never forget the day she lectured me on masturbation. We were sitting on the floor in my room and her hand inadvertently pulled out one of my ‘crunchy’ socks from under the bed. I was HORRIFIED to say the least, but she just laughed and said, “you are such a man!” Then she asked if she could watch me masturbate so she would know better how I liked things!

No way! No, No, NOOOOOO way was I going to let my new girlfriend see me doing that. She ignored my refusal and I thought it was safe……until she brought me some lubricant. Handing it to me, she said, “I notice that your crusty socks only had cum on them, you need to lubricate, it will feel better.” Um, sorry dear, but I have been cranking my chain for years without any assistance (maybe some soap in the shower) and she was NOT going to get me to veer from the trusted road.

The truth was, I tried it that night and boy was I glad! The closest thing to lubricant that I had was some lotion that I snuck from my Mom. A masturbation lubricant was so much better! My experience was so fantastic that I would never go back to ‘Dry Hand Land’ once I pulled my penis into ‘Lubrication Station.” While it took me literally a year to tell her that I had tried it, she already knew. Just one reason I married that woman!

She taught me so many things, and that was the first lesson on masturbation that I ever had. Guys, if you are using a dry hand or a perfumy lotion – step away and step up to a masturbation lotion! Since those pre-marital days I have tried many lubrications and I have a few that I love. I try to find ones (or tend to like ones) that are thicker – such as ELBOW GREASE masturbation crème. Long lasting and gives great friction. I also like ID CREAM for MEN as it is an oil based lotion that has great slickeryness and long lasting quality. If you prefer things much slicker, and thinner, then try Astroglide, or ID PLEASURE LUBE.

Every dude has their preference so try to find what will work for you. I guarantee you that adding some lubricant to the party will make masturbation more fun and you won’t chaffe your manhood any longer!

MORE THAN A 5-MINUTE HANDY

Every guy knows that there are those times when the quick release is necessary. Stressful day, blue-balls from your current girlfriend who is withholding from you, or just needing to get to sleep. Masturbation is not a long process for some men or even most. My average time was under 5 minutes and I was just fine with that.

As I got older I started to see the more intimate side of masturbation, mainly due to some activities with Mikayla. She loves to give me handjobs and blowjobs and I love to receive them. The difference when she does them is that the process was much longer. She is an expert at drawing out the process and making it more of a slow turn on. I never did that by myself and Mikayla wanted to know why.

The truth was, I wondered what the point was? I mean really? What I learned was if on occasion I did spend some time doing the slow build-up and release (like when I am on business trips and have that solo time) that my stamina in general got better! The next time I had sex I lasted much longer! I realized that my wife was a sexual genius! Prolonging solo sex play meant prolonging general sex too! Not only did I become better at withholding, but I became more aware of different things that I liked.

Taking time to masturbate and trying new “holds” and pressures is a learning lesson even for the seasoned masturbator. Fantasy, adult entertainment, masturbation during phone sex – all of these things can greatly add to your experience. I am not saying the 5 minute handy is a bad thing, in fact I still do that at least a few times a week during my morning or evening showers, but having that solo time to experiment is a big plus to your overall sexual health.

THE PLEASURE IS IN THE PRESSURE

Along the same lines as increasing masturbation time is the pressure / pleasure situation. If men are like me, and I would guess many are, masturbation becomes almost robotic. You grab your penis, rub him with the patented ‘orgasm’ technique and you are done. All men have a preference. Mine was using 3 fingers, grasping around the head mainly and rubbing furiously until I came.

When I met Mikayla she showed me that there were different ways to go about it. While she wanted to know what I liked (and she was the first girl to ever ask me or care) she also wanted to show me some new techniques. I didn’t start of showing her what I liked during masturbation (as my introduction to this article suggests) but I did get around to it eventually. Mikayla and I share such a close sexual bond that showing her my private masturbation techniques seemed natural.

So, what she taught me is that there are different pressure techniques that can work wonders during solo time as well. I am willing to bet that there are few women who would handle your penis exactly like you do. Mikayla didn’t and that was fine. However, what I learned it if you vary the pressure, change the placement of your hands, or even just concentrate on your own balls a little more (yes, I said it) then your solo time can be so much different and better in many ways!

For example, Mikayla always does this technique where she brings up her hand around my shaft, leaving just the tip exposed. Then she rubs her hand across the top of my penis for a few seconds, then goes back down. I explained to her how much I love that, and the next time we had phone sex she asked me to do it. I was like, “ummm to myself?” Sure, I had two hands so I did it. Wow, what a difference in the explosion! So guys, don’t be afraid to experiment with different pressures or techniques, you will be glad you did!

MASTURBATORS: MADE FOR MEN OR MAINLY MYTH

I will easily admit that I had never used a ‘masturbator’ before, unless you count setting up pillows and such for a fantasy romp with Pamela Anderson. I was resigned to using my hand, my hand was fine, and why change it. Then I got married – why use a masturbator when you have your hand AND a wife! Well, I was wrong – again – and I admit it.

Guys, we are horny. Horny, horny, horny. Married, single, dating we are horny. Period. We are going to masturbate whether we are having sex or not. We have solo times we have quickies, we have sex. Masturbation doesn’t end.

Why commit yourself to the boundaries of your hand when you can have a masturbator help you out a bit? I know, controversial idea, but come on guys – try one. I got my first masturbator from Mikayla as an anniversary present on our 5th anniversary. It was a small, jelly sleeve that you put around your penis to masturbate with. It was cool, but now 5 years later I have tried so many more and have some tried and true favorites now. Hey, if women can have a collection of vibrators, why cant we?

There are different kinds and styles and materials. I have tried at least one of each so I will try to give you an explanation and example for your shopping ease.

JELLY FEEL: These are the most economical and most varied. They are made of a stretchy jelly material and usually come in many different colors. Some look like a woman’s vagina, some are just a sleeve. Some have a little vibrating bullet inside. Mainly, they are a great starting point for experimenting with masturbators. My favorite in this category is the PEARL PLEASURE STROKER because it is comfy, stretch, and has pleasure pearls for enhancing some of the sensations. It is also clear – which makes for an interesting play time.

SOFT AND ULTRA SKIN: The soft feel masturbators are often made of cyberskin (which is a silky soft material) and add a new level of comfort or reality to the party. More expensive than the jellies, these come in vaginal hole replicas or even mouths (if you like the BJ fantasy). In this category I love the CYBERSKIN VIRTUAL TOUCH VAGINA. It is basically a cyberskin sleeve but the entrance is a realistic looking, shaven vagina. It is accurate size, had nice suction and it adds to the pleasure because what you are using looks like a vagina. It is relatively inexpensive and great for fantasy time.

REALISTIC VAGINAS (NO, REALLY): These are probably the envy of all young boys! Realistic vaginas are the most expensive masturbators, they are made from cyberskin, usually have more than just the vaginal lips – like the butt cheeks and anal opening too. They are heavy –which adds to the sensation actually – and they are really life-like. I have had the pleasure of using JENNA HAZE’S Vaginal replica, complete with anal opening. It was a cool experience because it was definitely a fantasy to be using this other ‘woman’ while my wife was in the other room. It had great feelings and texture and was a lot of fun to use!

BATTERY POWERED: In the words of Tim the Tool Man Taylor, “Arrrgggh, power me up!” Electric or battery powered toys add a certain stimulation to the party. I have only tried one such masturbator, but I loved it! It was the VERTICAL POWER STROKER and it was part jelly feel sleeve and part battery operated genius. You place your penis into the stroker and turn on the power and a rotating circle of ball bearings caresses your shaft! VERY nice and fun to use.

PUMP IT UP: Finally, as I have found out, penis pumps are not for those small guys wanting to add size. Pumps can help with girth, stamina and even provide a nice masturbation session. These items can really suck your penis – and that is a good thing. I have, use and love the GRAND PRIX STROKER. It is really an interesting experience. If you want to have an intense feeling of being caressed and sucked, invest in a pump!

FINAL THOUGHTS

I am not sure how this article stacks up against my wife’s but I gave it the old college try - and I will admit, she proofread it and gave me suggestions on how to say things....delicately! I hope that any guy who reads this will try something new. Masturbation is such a normal thing that even old married guys like me can participate in. Having toys and fun for ourselves seems only fair. So, whether you are single, dating or married – consider some masturbation products. I am sure it will bring your solo play to a whole new level.

• Members

MM,

I would like to say great article. I have been thinking about getting one of these for my husband but was so consued about what to get. Your article was a great help. It has definately given me a starting point for my shopping trip. Thanks for the help! If you have any other suggestions for toys for him let me know. We are trying to add some new stuff into our sex life.

S

• Members

I am glad you liked my article - I did work hard on it!

As far as what to get your man, let me just say that I love all the toys my Mikayla brings into our sex life. Toys that are for her are also for me. I love to make her cum with her toys. I also love cock rings, masturbators, couple's arousers and heated lubes and such. In a man's mind anything to do wtih sex is oftentimes a wonderful idea, so bring on anything you want and don't forget to let him watch you play, that is the hottest thing!

Great article. Very informative!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

MM,

I gave my Hubby his first toy tonight and he looked at me like I was crazy. He wanted to know what to do with it. I love the fact that I finally got to show him something for a change. I may have to ask you for some more suggestions on what else I should get him. I don't know if thank you can express to you how grateful I am.

S

• Members

Well....what did you end up getting him? Did you use the toy? Was he embarrassed or did he go with the flow? I tell you from experience, men who are not used to discussing sex or masturbation with a woman will likely have some degree of difficulty with toys at first, god knows I did. So keep at it and take charge of that sex life - I am so glad Mikayla helped me with all that!

:D:lol:

MM

• Members

MM,

I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it right now. I was a cyberskin one. That is all I can remember right now. I gave him the box to open and he was like what is this. I told him to read the box and his eyes got huge. He pulled me straight to the bed room and was like so how do I use this. He said it was okay and he might be able to get used to toys. I owe you so much. I want to find something else for him too. I was really surprised that he did not know more about toys. I guess to me I always thought that he was a lot more experience in this department. He bought me my first toy. It was great to get him educate him for a change. However, I could not have done it without your help. He did ask me how I learned so much, so I can clean and told him about TT. I also told him that he gave me the pointers on what to get. I am sure he is still thanking you. I don't think I can thank you enough. If you have any other suggestions please let me know. He wants to find more toys that we can use together not just for one of us. That is my new mission, stuff for US.

S

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

WOW!!!! For the first time in my life I can honestly say that "I am jealous"! I have had few lovers that have taught me anything. You have a lover that has spent a lot of time to assure that she knew how to please her man. I've never met a lady who knew more than I (very little)! She should be a role model for women everywhere! Congrats to you on your treasure!!!!

• Members
WOW!!!! For the first time in my life I can honestly say that "I am jealous"! I have had few lovers that have taught me anything. You have a lover that has spent a lot of time to assure that she knew how to please her man. I've never met a lady who knew more than I (very little)! She should be a role model for women everywhere! Congrats to you on your treasure!!!!

Dude, let me tell you, it was as surprising to me as it is to you. When she asked me how I masturbated I think I spit out my soda! WHY would I EVER tell a WOMAN how I masturbate?????? I am so glad I did though bc she has helped me to bring sex to a new level.

Yes she is a treasure but don't tell her that she will get a big head!

• Members
Dry land......."shutters"

Took my wife a while to figure that a dry hand stroking you off is a baaaaad thing.

Spit and stroke....

Saliva is a great natural lube

Especially when they grab it hard and yank on it when getting excited. It is a feeling you don't soon forget

But that spitting thing on it I wasn't sure about but we kept seeing it in movies and finally she did it and oh hell that felt good

Glenn

• Members

Hi All,

Just want to say that lubricants in masturbation are way, way underrated. And ladies, why not give a soft massage to your man's privates with some simple hand lotion? Grrrrrr! I just love it when she's not all about making me go off.

Lovely.

• Members
Hi All,

Just want to say that lubricants in masturbation are way, way underrated. And ladies, why not give a soft massage to your man's privates with some simple hand lotion? Grrrrrr! I just love it when she's not all about making me go off.

Lovely.

We'll I not sure hand lotion is the best item. A student of mine told me of some horriable rashes she saw on some of her patients in the hospital where guys had put hand lotion on their penis. But I do know that olive oil makes for a good lubricant and it pretty cheap.

Funny story, i one in search of hand lotion especially at the dance studio. I had a lesson and had washed my hands in the rest room and the hands felt dry. Icky for me and students dont like it either. so i go to the teachers room and ask if anyone has any hand lotion cause the ladies room was out which is where I go raid it often. One of the young teachers who has long hair is straighting his hair with what a hair straightner that looks like a curling iron to me. He just looks up to me and says "dude, I have a penis. What do I need hand lotion for?" and the others teahers and I just bust out laughing. As calm as I could manage to look I say " well some people enjoy makin sure it feels kind of moist.".

Ok it a private joke but it was funny for everyone present

Glenn

• 7 months later...
  • Members

thanks for the article mm. when i saw this post I thought what can I learn about masturbation? well apparently a lot. although sometimes i like when kim uses a dry hand but she knows how to be soft.

• Members

CYBERSKIN VIRTUAL TOUCH VAGINA.

I bought my husband one of these and I think with my insomnia and reading this I have either found courage to help him/us out or I’m REALLY punchy..not sure.

Really good reading he NEEDS to read this good job and thanks.

I have to say your wife has more courage then most people WOW I’m impressed and a little in awe of her.

Something to aspire towards.

• Members

I think every woman or man if the case may be should sit with their partner and watch them masturbate. Learning technique and seeing what your partner does can only improve it when you are doing it for them imo.

• Members
I think every woman or man if the case may be should sit with their partner and watch them masturbate. Learning technique and seeing what your partner does can only improve it when you are doing it for them imo.

that's what I'm going to do with the boy, that and I know I LOVE to watch a guy jerk off, it's hot!

• Members

A few girlfriends back I bought a half-assed BOV stroker device. The stroker device feels like a weak spring bent into a circle that didn't quite make the full length of the shaft and wasn't even close to the head. Though it was nice to slide it about halfway down the shaft and let the stroker part work the head and a few inches of shaft. Personally I like to be buried all the way inside a woman so I found that cutting the BS control wires completely off and either bury it between the couch cushions and fuck it like a real woman or stick it between a few pillows or wadded blankets or sheets. My JO sleeve I like to use just enough lube to make it slide freely and with a bit of up and down and a WHOLE LOT OF gripping between my palms and spinning in a circular motion around the head and upper shaft until I am close to the edge but back off before getting there(usually). I'm sure we've all tried to find that point and see how long we could hold it back. My gf bought me a bottle of Mr. Happy Penis lotion a while back and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU CAN GET IT! One of my younger gf's used to give me a full body lotion rubdown starting with my feet after my shower and always ended with at least one O before actual intercourse. Another used to bathe me every night and end with a handjob with soap before she toweled me dry! The best I ever had was my Hispanic gf who loved to give oral. She didn't like to take any shot in the mouth but would go right back down on my cum-covered dick and do it all over. There was one particular night when we were at a drive-in adult theatre where she was at it again and when I got close she started with her hand rubbing up and across the head which brought my ass about 3' off the seat of my truck and sent cum flying everywhere. I actually thought I was going to pass out before whe stopped. I SHOULD HAVE MARRIED THAT ONE!

• Members
A few girlfriends back I bought a half-assed BOV stroker device. The stroker device feels like a weak spring bent into a circle that didn't quite make the full length of the shaft and wasn't even close to the head. Though it was nice to slide it about halfway down the shaft and let the stroker part work the head and a few inches of shaft. Personally I like to be buried all the way inside a woman so I found that cutting the BS control wires completely off and either bury it between the couch cushions and fuck it like a real woman or stick it between a few pillows or wadded blankets or sheets. My JO sleeve I like to use just enough lube to make it slide freely and with a bit of up and down and a WHOLE LOT OF gripping between my palms and spinning in a circular motion around the head and upper shaft until I am close to the edge but back off before getting there(usually). I'm sure we've all tried to find that point and see how long we could hold it back. My gf bought me a bottle of Mr. Happy Penis lotion a while back and I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT IF YOU CAN GET IT! One of my younger gf's used to give me a full body lotion rubdown starting with my feet after my shower and always ended with at least one O before actual intercourse. Another used to bathe me every night and end with a handjob with soap before she toweled me dry! The best I ever had was my Hispanic gf who loved to give oral. She didn't like to take any shot in the mouth but would go right back down on my cum-covered dick and do it all over. There was one particular night when we were at a drive-in adult theatre where she was at it again and when I got close she started with her hand rubbing up and across the head which brought my ass about 3' off the seat of my truck and sent cum flying everywhere. I actually thought I was going to pass out before whe stopped. I SHOULD HAVE MARRIED THAT ONE!

AY Papi... :lol: I had a bottle of that stuff. a LONG time ago. it was banana we used it together for lube at the time. It is great for the penis and the pussy :) I still swear by the KY silk warming lube, it rocks! if you like the feeling the HP gives I bet you would like this too. AND you can buy it at freakin target!

• Members

My gf bought some of that at the store she works at!

• Members
My gf bought some of that at the store she works at!

OH yeah? Do you like it?

• Members

Now there's a stumper?!?! The HP we had was used when she was jacking me off. The KY has been more of an intercourse thing. I do think the HP was better myself but without putting the KY to the same application I don't think I could make a fair call on that one! Sorry!