Official Community Forums Home

Need Advice On How To Proceed

• Members

OK,

Basic background..

Saterday, I was celebrating my daughters 2nd birthday, when I realized I was missing some key ingrediants for her dinner.

So I went to the store.

On the way home, I began feeling nauseated, I figured it is this crud coming back to haunt me.

So I stopped at the little liquor store for a ginger ale to settle my stomach.

The guy behind the counter said " hey trouble, how are you tonight?"

I said " pretty good"

He came back with " well you got the pretty part down, dunno about the good part"

I gave him the soda and a 5 dollar bill, he startd to ring it up, then turned around, smiled handed me the soda and my 5 dollar bill back.

I would love nothing more than to go and talk to him the next time hes working, but if the store is busy, that idea goes right out the window.

Unfortunatly, when I see him, I kinda freeze up, he will look me right in the eyes, and I get lost and forget what I was saying.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Why can I not talk to him?

I can talk to other guys no problem its just HIM.

Anyways, I need to know how to proceed, I havn't dated in like 3 years, I am totally rusty and need some advice on how to best proceed here.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

GREAT FOR YOU WHISKEYWOMAN!! It looks like you have a candidate there. It may be difficult and you may think yourself rusty but I would suggest a beer run. If your liquor stores are the same as ours they do have imports there. You can always mill about for a few minutes looking if there are others there. Think of a few things to bring up while you 2 are alone. It cannot hurt to try it. Apparently he has given you a moniker. There was some thought put into that itself. It's up to you to find out if it is something else! GO FOR IT! I hope it works for you!

• Members
Aww what a sweet talker. :D He seems flirty just respond back and see where it goes. May require your spending more $ on Jack tho. Everyone is nervous when they 1st start dating...but you'll never know if he's Mr Wonderful unless you talk to him. Just be honest and relax.

Nymph;)

Well I suggest being a tad bit more bold. Write down your name and phone number on a piece of paper and add a little note call me sometime if ya want. But of course make sure you have another liquor store to go to in case he doesn't. You would be surprised as he might too. I got the idea because it was done to me before... I called him because I thought it was brave of him to do it. However if you're not that brave then why not get a friend to go with you and if she thinks you're reading signals right then when you go out of the store she can linger behind and see what's up for the two of you? Just some ideas. Good Luck!

PS. I know how you feel. Excited, scared, and anxious. lol. We've all been there. You're not alone.

• Members

Woohoo go WHISKEYWOMEN!!! Sounds like you have a potential guy lurking. Relax hon, take deep breaths. Nothing is wrong with you, maybe just a little shy since it has been so long. I am so happy to hear this though. Respond to his flirts and keep me posted on the im or here. Also sounds like you need to keep going and buying some Ginger ale. Pick a time though when it isn't so busy. :D

• Members

IT'S TIME FOR A BEER RUN! As Nike would say "JUST DO IT"! Get em girl!

• Members

I just had a brainfart! Call the guy at the liquor store and ask him to help you with the firearm problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, there was this one guy that worked at an auto parts store that I was interested in, years ago, and, after I got my parts, I gave him a business card, with my cell number written on the back, and said "If your single, and wish to go out, call me at the number on the back". And he did. He told me later that he was very flattered that I had done that. Something that simple, let's him know you're interested, and let's him make the "big" first move by calling.

• Members

thanks for the advice guys.

I decided to gie him my phone number.

I will go there when he is working again on saterday, and do a beer run.

If the store is too busy, I will just buy my beer, give him my phone number and leave, so he can finsih doing what he needs to do.

Nothing is worse than a customer who cant decide and needs help when the joint is jumpin, ya know?

Anyways, I wrote down my n umber for him last night, and just the act of doing that gave me butterflies.

I have a very sneaking suspicion he will call me and tell me " yes or no" one way or another.

Im hoping for yes, but expecting a no.

And I hope I am not reading too much into his gestures.

I am doing it again, running off in another direction all together.

OK, enough, Ihave to stop thinking about this weekend.

And yalls are right, I will never know if I don't try.

Thanks guys.

• Members

OK Miss Whisky,

1) If you want him he is yours...not the other way around... let me remind you..

right or wrong a woman can own any man

she can take him inside her

and hold

his soul in her hand

2) I wish you the love you seek, but you are not alone ...you are essentially searching for the two of you, you and your daughter.

there are men who will take you and love you and your daughter...without reserve

chat him up...get to know him...watch yourself

By the way, I am kind of partial to Johny Walker Black, and you?

jhard

hope this does'nt come across as preachy or anything, but this is about the advice i would give my sister. my radar goes off when guys are really smooth talkers as this one seems to be. There are guys out there who gladly date a girl and raise thier hopes way high and then let them crash to the floor, causing much pain. maybe i'm the "overly protective" type of guy but i hate to see a girl get her heart broken by some smooth talkin freelancer. now, all of the above may or may not apply to the liquor store guy. or maybe girls nowadays are just as tough as guys when it comes to this so my ideas may well be outdated :huh:

• Members

I had to go pick up mom last night seeing as how her truck is still in the shop.

After pickeing her up, she asked me to stop by the store and get her a bottle of wine.

Ok, no biggie, I went to the liquor store and went to get her wine.

Now my nerves were already frazzled knowing I had to wait till saterday to see this guy again, and lo and behold who should be working? yup, you guessed it HIM!

I told him to ring up the other customer so I could decide on if I wanted something else or not.

So I got a bottle of coke, and paid for everything.

We just kinda did the genral chat thing.

Nothing too flirtatious as I was feeling like I was ready to throw up.

As I was ready to leave, I handed him a piece of paper with my phone number on it, with a note 'call me sometime if you want to"

So, I have made my move.

Now time will tell the rest.

Jhard:

No I do not think your sounding preachy or anything.

I can understand and appreciate your take on the situaton.

• Members

GREAT FOR YOU! It takes a lot to get what you want and it's usually worth the risk!

• Members

BEST OF LUCK! :D