Official Community Forums Home

Help!

• Members

Hello!

so I ask my boyfriend daily when we can hang out. I understand that we both have school, work and family stuff to attend to, but, I haven't seen him in a month! he has time for friends but not me - why?????? I don't wanna go on expensive dates, just dates......

any insights guys?

thank you

maida

• Members

Okay, here's my $0.02 for what it's worth and what I can tell from your post. First of all, have you talked to him about this? Communication is the key to a relationship, no matter how old you are or how long you have been together. Secondly, is there something underlying going on? Not knowing more info, I can't really say much more without putting my foot in my mouth...which I am really good at doing...lol. Hope this helps a little,

TNT

• Members

I hate to say this but not only so I agree with triedntru, but it sounds like he may be moving on. You really need to find out.

• Members

I have tried on several occasions to talk with him, when that didn't work I sent him an email... he says I am not being supportive! I am there for him, supportive and all that but its hard when litterally he isn't there for me!

• Members

I think you may want to stop investing energy into a relationship that isn't a relationship. It sounds to me like he's moving on in the immature way. If he won't talk to you and has no interest in seeing you, it's time for you to let him know its his loss and go find yourself someone more in tune with what your needs are.

Randy.

• Members

I was just about to type a response when I see my darling husband has taken the words right from my mouth.. er, keyboard. *chuckle*

He's not putting forth the energy to keep your relationship going. Relationships take work, even the best of them. It's time you let him drift away and find someone with whom you can really have a good connection.

Best of luck & let us know how things go! We may not really know you, but we'll be thinking of you and sending supportive vibes your way! ;)

• Members

I have to agree with Randy and everyone else here. Sounds like he isn't in it anymore... Sorry to hear you are being treated this way. The best statement you may be able to make now is to say nothing and stop trying to contact him - give him taste of his own medicine and save a little face, too.

• Members

Talk to him about this. Communication is REALLY important.

Also, ask if you can hang with him AND his friends. Knowing his friends is often a good thing... you'll have more in common.

And remember. Even though he may seem like he doesn't want to be with you, he might just need some down time.

I haven't seen my bf in over a month. We don't go to the same school anymore (I'm in University, he's a senior in high school). This week he has break, but he isn't coming to see me. I was a little upset, but I realized he needs some relaxing time to himself and his friends.

Overall, talk to him about it. Tell him you miss hanging out. Ask what days HE is free and take HIM on a date! Your treat! It's rather fun that way!

• Members

I read your post and know you have your replies but the book "He's just not that into you" popped into my head. hunny HE'S JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU!! If he doesn't want to see you, isn't supporting you but you need to support him! Hunny move on! And if he has time for his friends, but can't seem to make any for you! That was my read flag when I read your post and I thought of course "he's just not into you" anymore. I hate to say I'd move on. I've been there and if you're in a good loving relationship then he would want to spend at least a little time with you. Maybe he's already moved on. Good luck and I hope things work out for the best!

I have to agree with the other posters. It sounds like he's just NOT that into you. He may want you around for a handy romp now and again, but, if you're close enough to see each other farily easily, and he chooses to go out with friends more often than seeing you (or totally replacing seeing you with his friends), then darlin', he's not your BF, he's a guy of convenience, in his eyes. I would just tell him that you are letting him go, since, he hasn't made time for you, it's time for you to find someone who's WILLING to MAKE the time with you. Best wishes!!

• Members
Hello!

so I ask my boyfriend daily when we can hang out. I understand that we both have school, work and family stuff to attend to, but, I haven't seen him in a month! he has time for friends but not me - why?????? I don't wanna go on expensive dates, just dates......

any insights guys?

thank you

maida

okay, why do you think he is your "boyfriend'? it doesnt sound like a "boyfriend" to me, boyfriend implies some sort of commitment, doesnt it?

i dont know how long you have known him, how things have been going,, but as a single mom dating with 3 kids,, ya make time for things you really want to do, and it sounds like, its not you

• Members

wow BigRed I gotta say, you said it PERFECT lol!