Official Community Forums Home

I Can't Believe The Idiocy And Inconsiderateness Of Some Ppl!

Tyger

It seems as though when it rains, it pours!! :o

OK, so, the ex SIL wanted to go out and party this weekend. So, her only real option for a sitter is my MIL. She HATES the MIL, but I guess partying comes first (esp. with a fatal diagnosed disease sure to kill you in about 8 yrs tops). I get to see my niece & nephew that I haven't seen in almost 2 years!!! It was soooooo nice to see them!! I really missed the little girl, cuz she was always such a sweetheart. The boy is now 8, girl is almost 5. The boy, who use to be a terror, was very nice, and behaved very well. The little girl was pretty solemn, and reserved.....soooo not like what I remember. :(

Anyway, they spent the night here on Friday night, left late Saturday morning, back to the IL's house. Ex SIL went into the hospital due to possible kidney failure (for like the 20th time). So, what was going to be just 4 days, so far, is looking to be at least a week. Well, I told MIL that they could come over tomorrow and play for the day. I know they're bored over there, cuz, after the whole SIL drama, they didn't think they'd see the kids til they turned 18. So they got rid of everything. I don't blame them. By the time the kids came back, all the toys that were there, they'd outgrown anyway. And, with the wasy SIL is, you never know what will happen, so until it's a sure-thing, they don't really want to spend the $$ they really don't have on stuff that will be used a couple of times. Plus, SIL moved 2 hrs away. So, it's not like they'd see them much anyway. :rolleyes:

I get a call tonight, about 6:30 p.m. They have head lice. When MIL found it, she said something, and the boy said, "Oh, yeah, Mom told me to tell you that we had that and to get medicine". Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME??????? What the fuck kind of parent sends their KIDS to a house, with NO medicine, NO heads-up (no pun intended there), knowing that the chances of them coming in contact with others (especially my daughter which she had to know that they'd see and play with) was HIGH!!!!!???? :angry:<_< And who in the HELL relies on an 8 yr old boy to relay that sort of message??? <_<

Never having it, seeing it, or ever having to deal with it, I frantically call several people, and look it up. I look at her head, and don't see anything that I was told looks like a "nit". I got lots of great advice, blasted to Wal*Mart at about mach 10 in my Subaru, get the treatment stuff for my daughter (who can almost sit on her hair), and the other stuff recommended by a pharmacist, get home, and start to treat the house, my daughter, me, the pets, car, the bedding, beds, and putting my daughter's stuffies into solitary confinement for 2 weeks+! :huh: Febreeze, Lysol, vacuuming, washing machines, and lots of hot water are getting a great workout tonight!!

I even bug-bombed the bedrooms for good measure. I now am airing the bedrooms out. DD's room was aired out with 3 fans going for over an hour before she went to bed. She stayed up 2.5 hours past her bedtime, but she was GREAT! She only whined when I was rinsing out her hair.

I have a fucking killer stress headache too. It was down to a dull throbbing before all this happened. :angry: I'm like on Code RED of pissed off. :angry: I've been letting a lot of things go lately, and trying very hard to forgive people for being so freakin' stupid, but this really fried my ass, not just for me, but the audacity of her to put me, my pets, and especially my DD in possible trouble. Treatable, and inconvenient, but still!!!!!!!!! I really am usually a fun and nice person. Can't tell from my last 2 rants though!! LMAO :rolleyes:

Ok....I think I'm done...... <_<

• Members

Lice is super easy to handle with the shampoo, so at least she didn't send the kids out with pink eye or tuberculosis or something. LOL! But it's still TOTALLY messed up that she didn't let someone know about that. =/

Hopefully there are no other surprises waiting for you guys - have you asked the kids about any other announcements? LOL!

• Members

I can't believe she left the 6 y/o to relay the message.."Oh, yeah, we have, like TB, and Mom said you'd take care of it". Lice are easy to kill but the workload is tremendous, washing all the sheets, blankets, etc. My kids had it once given to them at school and I still remember what a pain it was! Hope your headache gets better and today goes a lot better for you!

• Members

I can't belive she let her child relay the message!!! She sounds incredibly selfish.

My daughter came home from camp one year with head lice, and even thought the treatment is easy the other stuff is brutal. sorry you had to go through it, but just think...

Life can only get better!

Oh yes, on top of everything else, I started my period today. <_< Oh well, that was to be expected. But, I was up til 3 am this morning, treating & cleaning. I combed her hair this morning with the special comb, and I didn't see anything. I'm going to wash my hair again. I think it's phsycho-sematic, cuz I'm itching like crazy. LOL Even though I treated myself last night. :rolleyes:

• Members

Good rant. But what a selfish person. Sorry you had to the be the fall guy on that one ;( Hey the sun will probably be shining tomorrow!

• Members
Oh yes, on top of everything else, I started my period today. <_< Oh well, that was to be expected. But, I was up til 3 am this morning, treating & cleaning. I combed her hair this morning with the special comb, and I didn't see anything. I'm going to wash my hair again. I think it's phsycho-sematic, cuz I'm itching like crazy. LOL Even though I treated myself last night. :rolleyes:

LMFAO doesnt it figure!!! I bet you were raging out of control and now it 's like, oh yeah my period... I do this all the time! have like a freaking breakdown and then the next day, aunt flo is here! I would have gone mental though about the lice as well! I had it many years ago, it's so gross!!! I would freak if my girls got it!!!

Today I did the responsible thing and told her school that she may have been exposed and she was treated. The teacher didn't see anything, so now, it's up to them to notify anyone else. I've been cleaning and getting stuff put back together after my mad dash to clean all the exposed stuff up! What a PITA, but, rather over-do than under, KWIM? Another treatment to come in 5 days! Thanks everyone!!

• Members
Today I did the responsible thing and told her school that she may have been exposed and she was treated. The teacher didn't see anything, so now, it's up to them to notify anyone else. I've been cleaning and getting stuff put back together after my mad dash to clean all the exposed stuff up! What a PITA, but, rather over-do than under, KWIM? Another treatment to come in 5 days! Thanks everyone!!

A shitty situation to be sure. Glad to see that you handled it in a responsible way. IMHO, your idea of over-doing it is exactly the way this should be handled! Kudos to you!

• Members

lice is a bitch!! i touch pre-school for 7 years, and every time one kid had it, we had to disinfect the whole school!! word of advice...they say to do a treatment 7 days later, so another one after another 7 days...sometimes they linger <_<

im also sorry about the inconsideration of your SIL. the ignorance of ppl sometimes astounds me.

• Members

OMG Tyger, what a pain.

I got that dreaded call a couple of moths ago, tha my kids had lice too.

I treated them, and they were so badly infested, that I had to shave all their hair off.

then of course I had to wash all the besdding in the house, all the clothes, the stuffed animals, you name it.

I think it was incredibly rude of her to do that, to make the little boy the messanger.

She probably figured you could not be mad at him if he was the one to tell you.

I hope that your children do not have lice, and that you are spared the nightmare of your children having it.

just think of it this way, maybe shell get it fronm the kids.... im trying to cheer you up.

• Members

My sister is like this she never tells anyone her kids have lice or have had lice we usually find

out after our kids have been exposed!!! school vacation this year I found out after her kids had

spent the week at my other sisters and of course she wasn't told so a couple of the other kids who

were there got them. Its ridiculous how some parents can keep there mouths shut!!!!!!! and really

isn't fair to the other parents!! In my sisters case she treats the kids usually shaving thier heads

but doesn't do the house clothes ect.. so they keep getting them again it drives me crazy.