Official Community Forums Home

Over The Phone

• Members

Do you know what a party line is? It's where several people in the same area share a phone line but have different rings. Everyone secretly listens to each other's conversations on a party line. I was visiting my aunt and I think she must have had the last party line in the country. My then BF phoned me and said, " How about we (go here, do this) for our wedding?" I said, "Is this a proposal?" and he replied, "I guess it is." I could hear other people breathing on the line. It kinda makes a funny story and the kids think it's hilarious, but I secretly wish I could have a do-over that was more romantic.

• Members

Thats a different one!

• Members

I agree that is definately different, but that is what makes it unique as well.

• Members
not the most romantic

My ex and i had just had sex and he rolled over and said, "So, do you wanna get married?". I stammered a yes and he went into the living room and played his guitar. I sort of sat there like, WTF? Should have know it was a sign!

• 5 months later...
  • Members

My family had a party line up until about 10 years ago--though there were several different segments of the family living on one piece of property. (Me and my parents in one house, an aunt an uncle in another, my grandparents in another, and one of my cousins with her hubby and 4 kids in the last.)

• Members
Do you know what a party line is? It's where several people in the same area share a phone line but have different rings. Everyone secretly listens to each other's conversations on a party line. I was visiting my aunt and I think she must have had the last party line in the country. My then BF phoned me and said, " How about we (go here, do this) for our wedding?" I said, "Is this a proposal?" and he replied, "I guess it is." I could hear other people breathing on the line. It kinda makes a funny story and the kids think it's hilarious, but I secretly wish I could have a do-over that was more romantic.

First off: I like your new picture....

Second: Who knows, maybe after this post you'll get a second more romantic proposal.... But sometimes when the exterior elements of a relationship are all hyped up, what's really important is missing.

Well, no, it's not the most romantic, but, you didn't forget it, did ya? So it was very memorable. LOL Thanks for sharing your story!

• 5 months later...

Important Information

Terms of Use & Privacy Policy