Official Community Forums Home

Tattoos

• Members
I've always been told a girl can do what she pleases. To an extent at least. I never cared for my leatherman's but my Gerber was treasured. If you get nothing similar let me know and I'll send you some of the ones I have not held in the same category as my Gerber if you like!

Pappy don't tease! :)

Thanks Candi! I love my tattoos, I can't wait for my ivy!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

If ever I marry again, Sears better have a registry for the groom!

• Members
Just remember, The One will love you no matter what you have pierced, tattooed, or what color hair you choose to have. It may scare some guys off, but, any man that is willing to see past stuff, is "worth" more.

100% right :)

Besides... would you really want to be with someone who wouldn't be willing to accept you as you are? I don't know how you feel about your tattoos, but mine are a very important part of me. If someone can't understand that, it's an automatic deal-breaker in my book.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty heavily pierced and have three tattoos (one large, two of moderate size,) and I'm seeing a very "normal" guy right now. I don't know that he cares about my body mods one way or another, it has never been an issue, but he did compliment my nasal bridge piercing once, lol. I guess it depends on what kind of guy you're looking for, but this one is pure sweetness, so no, you're not stuck with just the rebellious types :P

• Members

I love my tattoo :) And speaking from a male point of view my Husband finds them a turn on. When they get out of control or obnoxious he says it becomes a turn OFF. He likes feminine ones not ugly or cartoonish ones on a girl. He likes the "tramp stamp" you know on the lower back. I am getting at least one more on my back for sure but I don't know when, hopefully soon.

That's mine :)

gallery_7403_20_250220.jpg

• Members

Cute sunflower!

I try to keep my tattoos on the feminine side because I'm generally not super girly, though I'm working on it, and I like being about to show my girly side in other ways. I haven't set the appointment yet for my Ivy because with all teh drama at work I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be employed, an dthere for able to pay for it. Sad bananas.

• Members

I perosnally love my tattoos and my piercings.

Of course my mom HATES them too.

I think it is just a mom thing though.

Now ther ARE people who go overboard, like the ones with 10 rings over each eyebrow, and piercing all around their mouths, and their noses all at the same time.

To me, tey look like they fell face first into an open tackle box.

But then again, that is just me.

I have sen some gals that have had sleeve tats, and to tell you true, they were UGLY, just because they had so much going on in them, it was hard to see the main focal point, or even what the story was behind it.

Yeah, I agree, tattoos have to be carefully thought out, as far as design, placment, meaning etc.

I think it is awsome that you have an artist you can trust.

And no, there is noting wrong with having a crush on your artist.

It sounds as though you have thought this thing through pretty well.

You know what do to as far as aftercare, you are realistic in your expectations that it will take more than one session,

You are doing a lot beter than about 90 percent of the population who decides spur of the moment to get a tat.

If it is something you really want, then go for it.

If other peole don't like it, Fuck em.

They are not the ones who have to see it every day, you are.

It is YOUR body, your tat, your choice, point blank period.

As far as attracting the wrong crowd...you should know by now how to tell if someone is good people or not.

And as for guys... if they like you for you it should not matter if youhave a sleeve or not.

Some guys like em, some guys don't, if they can not accept your tat, then they can not accept you, and you probably don't need someone like that in your life anyways.

Thats my opinion anyways

• Members

Can I first say that I love you guys?

Alright I guess i shouldn't have called it a sleeve because it is not in fact a sleeve because it's not a solid tattoo. It's going to be ivy twining down my arm, so you will see arm through it, and there will be no other tattoos in that space. Its going to be big but, i say go big or go home right? I am considering somehing smaething (cost wise) so that in case i lose my job (jerks) I still have that little pick me up. Besides just cause i start small doesn't mean i can't make it bigger later right? <sigh>

I guess my biggest concern is that I have pretty much to slimeball detector on my radar. Or if I do, it's broken. I'm already an oddity with my three tattoos in this area. Welcome to redneckville. Population 350 losers and me. :)

• Members

Look it's your body and you can do what ever you choose, but think about this.....

My cousin (10yrs older than me) had a heart tattooed around her bellybutton in her 20's, now that she is in her 50's (and still in good shape) it's been a the source of many jokes when we get together, because it looks funny.

Point:

Your arm isn't always going to be young and tight, it will sag, and do other funny things as you age. Just think carefully about what your doing to yourself permanently before you do it. If you think there is even the slightest chance you could be sorry getting one....then don't!

Sorry had to be the voice of reason, Good luck with what ever you decide.

• Members
He likes the "tramp stamp" you know on the lower back.

gallery_7403_20_250220.jpg

Careful with that term little lady. It has gotten me into shit before on this site. Mostly because it's not an overly known one but probably more about it coming from a man than anything!

• Members

WOW! sorry about that I just thought it was a commonly known nickname for it. Maybe it is more of a regional thing. I CERTAINLY had no intentions of offending anyone :( sorry again!

• Members

I was only trying to warn you before someone chose to be offended by it. Not say that I was. I thought it was a common term also when I posted it! Just trying to help you avoid the same problem!

• Members

I think some tattoos are absolutely gorgeous and artistically done, but I feel like there is a case where too many tattoos is a major turn off! My friend practically has them up and down all over under on her body, and I feel like there's no part of her body that is "blank." Hey, then again, that is her choice and who am I to judge? They do look beautiful, but personally, I would never cover my body that much with ink.

• Members
I was only trying to warn you before someone chose to be offended by it. Not say that I was. I thought it was a common term also when I posted it! Just trying to help you avoid the same problem!

NO NO I appreciate it! Some people can be sensitive to certain things. I guess I just thought it was the norm. So thanks babe! B)

• Members
NO NO I appreciate it! Some people can be sensitive to certain things. I guess I just thought it was the norm. So thanks babe! B)

I don't think it is a regional thing. But some people are offended by the term.

I wonder where it came from...

• Members

There were several guesses posted in my case ranging everywhere between sluts, biker chicks, and I can't recall the rest. I know this term runs through circles that know about tats and such but naive people, or those who never heard the term, oft times tend to guess and feel offended.

• Members

Y aknow i thought about getting my last one as a "tramp stamp" But i thought, while it'd be funny now, having "worth the wait" wouldn't be funny in ten years. another one that I laughe at was whore tag.

From the urban dictionary:

1 Tramp Stamp

A tattoo above a woman's ass crack.

Her pants were so low cut, you could see her tramp stamp.

2.tramp stamp 1817 up, 316 down

“Tramp Stamp” is a derogatory term referring to a tattoo which a women places on her lower back. It is especially popular among women born in the late 70’s, 80‘s, and even early 90’s. Fair or unfair, these tattoos have a socially constructed connotation associated with them. These women are labeled as tramps, whores, or other derogatory sexually promiscuous terms. Although these are often bias generalized claims, there have been sociological studies done by the American Psychological Association, Federal Bureau of Prisons, and other demographic researchers showing strong correlative evidence associating tattoos with high risk behavior, illegal substance abuse and sexual promiscuity. These risk factors are greatest in the age range which these types of tattoos are gaining main stream popularity. Some have also jokingly stated that by 2050, the “tramp stamp” will be renamed the “gramp stamp”.

Those chicks with tramp stamps are the kinds of girls you take home to bang. Don’t get into relationships with them because they are often immature gold digging sluts who sleep with everyone. Oh yeah, make sure you use a rubber because you don’t want to end up with chlamydia trachoma (which 1 in 20 women have between the ages of 14-39 according to the center of disease control… probably much higher if they have a tramp stamp considering the scientific coloration between sluttiness and tramp stamps). Also, if they pop out a baby (which they often do), they may have issues getting epidurals through their tattoos in the lower back.

3. tramp stamp 1023 up, 321 down

1. a tattoo located above a womans ass.

2. a girl who has been certified by your neighborhood, frat or group of friends as a slut.

1. I heard Becky went to the tattoo parlor and got a tramp stamp.

2. Since all my friends have had sex with Susan, she has been officially given the tramp stamp.

4.Tramp Stamp

a horribly cliche, or common tattoo that makes girls look like dumb bitches. Found on the lower back, and usually a butterfly...sometimes a happy flower of some sort.

That bitch's tramp stamp was the worst I'd ever seen; I've seen 3 other chicks with the exact tattoo today.

5. tramp stamp

A tattoo on the small of a woman's back... a good clue if you should wrap it up or not.

Hmm check out that tramp stamp. Better make sure I wrap it up tonight.

6. tramp stamp

A tattoo on the lower back of a female. Denotes the perceived correlation between having a tattoo in this location and being sexually promiscuous. The larger the tramp stamp, the more promiscuous the female, goes the common lore. Popular designs include butterflies, flowers, vines, tribal designs, wings....

Guy 1: "Did you see her tramp stamp?"

Guy 2: "Yup, just like a target saying, 'fuck me down here'."

7.tramp stamp

A tattoo on a woman's lower back. Just think of it as a target.

If she doesn't want you to cum in her ass when you are fucking her in the butt, shoot your jizz on her tramp stamp.

I remember that post!! It was a post responding to my "tramp stamp". Others got offended for me. Which was kinda sweet, being defended and all. :kiss: Personally, I don't care either way. It's my tattoo and I'm proud of it, damnit. :P:lol: Even if I was laying in my friend's lap whining like a baby! :P And, hey, I learned something new that day. Call it what you want!! If you want the tattoo, and you know it's for you, go for it darlin'! :)

• Members

I too am a proud owner of a tramp stamp, and I'm proud because I designed it myself. I'm planning on getting a large tattoo this year too, I'm having a cover up done on my back and part of me is wondering about how it will be perceived by others. If it were up to me I would have a lovely huge back piece done, so I think I'm making a good compromise I'll be getting either a peacock feather, peacock or cherry blossom tree on my back that will go from the base of my neck to just above my stamp.

It'll be beautiful, feminine and delicate, but what I did realise is that I'd never had a problem with it until I was talking about tattoos and piecrings with my bf and he said he's not interested in them, never has been, and he asked if I really wanted one that big when I told him about my cover up. It wasn't in a way that was designed to put me off, but being a woman a little seed of doubt crept in my mind.

I'll be getting the tattoo in august (if I can finally decide on which design I want), and it's going to make me feel very sexy. Some people don't like the look of them, others love them, whatever others think you have to be happy with them and they will always be gorgeous to you if the meaning is right and you haven't rushed the design. As for older tattoos, a little common sense goes a long way. If you have something on your stomach it's going to sag more, and it'll stretch like hell if you have kids. Other places won't be as affected by ageing or weight gain, keeping the tattoo out of the sun will help prevent colours fading, and you can always go back for a touch up after ten years or so.

If it's what you really want then the only person it should matter to is you.

• Members

Twist! Thanks hun, I'm glad to see I'm not the only having those doubts. I know i want it and I know I'm going to get it but that stupid female voice in the back of my head (weird it sound sso much like mom!) tells me that I'm going to die painted and alone..... I wonder if my insurence covers therapy?

Btw Twist I think the peacock feather sounds really pretty, and very unique, but flipside, I love a cherry blossom tree. I'm sooo not much help. You always go in and talk to your artist, he/she could do up a asketch for you, that might make it easier to visualize.

• Members

I've been to see my tattoo artist and he drew it on my back for me, and it is gorgeous, but because I have to wait so long for an appointment doubts are creeping in on what I want.

There are all sorts of things you can do to cover it up when absolutely necessary, if you fee you're at too formal a gathering there is body make up that you can use to cover it. Other than that enjoy it, it's you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I love my new tramp stamp! Maybe it's an Oklahoma thing calling them that? Sheesh I don't know but I'm proud of mine. I had my husband's unit patch surrounded by filagree with our last name in beautiful script written above the patch and the name of his division below it. It has meaning for us and since I don't wear crop tops anymore, he's the only one who will see it and he loves it.