Official Community Forums Home

I Can't Get My Self Esteem Back

• Members

Aiden , my heart, if you need some less objective slightly biased third parties we're all here. I hope you rediscover teh beauty of your own body, the X is just that and while it's easy to say, it's harder to actually feel. I wish you all the luck and I'm here anytime you need an ego boost! GO get your hair cut or your nails done, this little things will help immensely! *hugs!*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Hot4hubby has a post similar to this, about self-image anyway. IDK if you've read through that one yet. That old baggage from screwed up relationships in the past is difficult if not impossible to drop. But then dropping that would change who you are now. Though I believe these things should be remembered there is also something to be said for your new man who doesn't purposefully treat you this way. I wonder if he knows jsut how extensively you were damaged by the X? I bet he'd be happy to help you through these rough times if he only knew about them.

I was married before and that man tore me down to a point where I never went out only to go to work and my parents. Those words still stick with me everyday. But I fight through them. I don't get naked in front of coco_lover at all. But thats gonna change soon.

Tell him how u feel and he should understand. It is important to let him know how it affected u.

• Members

Sorry I'm kinda late to this post.

Yeah good self-esteem can be a slippery thing to hold on to. I'm so glad that you're getting back on track. You inspire me with your knowldge and advice. I have evry confidence that you will work this out and be stronger for it in the end.

• Members

Aiden - I'm ecstatic you decided to talk with him about this and confront insecurities. I'm glad to hear you're working on this. I hope you can work through your hesitations.

Best of luck,

Ginger

• Members

If you view my personal profile you will see under my "Personal Statement" a little thing I've always tried to hammer into my kids heads. I CAN'T were not words that I allow in my house. They don't pay rent, buy groceries so out the door they go. THEY DO NOT MAKE THINGS WE CANNOT DO! We may not do them in the same ways but we can do them! (Sorry but i hope you understand I'm not trying to be mean)!

• Members
It was only when I began to and was steadfast in differnetiating (with a little help for m my friends, like you Aiden), that I experienced a breakthrough.

Breakthrough? Breakthrough! Woot woot!

• Members

Aiden I think most of us women are usually our own worst enemies...we see every little flaw and exaggerate it in our heads until it balloons to huge proportions. We have to fight that no matter what or it will have the power to shut us down and repress us and when that happens and you let your sexuality go it will affect your relationship and it all snowballs into a self-fulfilling snowball to hell. Is your man an absolute "Greek God"? perfect in every way? Probably not....we're all just human and most of us don't get paid to spend 8 hours a day working out to look like models. If you care about each other I really don't think people judge each other that harshly and he obviously does love you. We've all said or done stupid things sometimes without meaning any harm, but the other person takes it wrong. Don't let those negative voices in your head get the upper hand....you are wonderful, beautiful, and giving and that makes you sexy as hell! Own it!

• Members

Aiden, I am late to this post, too, and i am sorry...I didn't know what to say because i have dealt with an issue similar to this and your situation brought back memories from MY situation and it was just too painful to write about for a while. I had to really do some deep breathing and positive thinking and with the help of some good friends managed to get back on my track. It was painful for me to admit how vulnerable i was to another's opinion, especially someone i trusted. That trust was broken but did manage to become re-established, actually to a tighter degree. I am so glad that you talked to hubby and that thinks are getting better. It may take a while to shut the hurtful voice out of your head, but usually, when you finally do, you realize it was You talking all the while. *Big hugs and kisses*

• Members
Aiden I think most of us women are usually our own worst enemies...we see every little flaw and exaggerate it in our heads until it balloons to huge proportions. We have to fight that no matter what or it will have the power to shut us down and repress us and when that happens and you let your sexuality go it will affect your relationship and it all snowballs into a self-fulfilling snowball to hell. Is your man an absolute "Greek God"? perfect in every way? Probably not....we're all just human and most of us don't get paid to spend 8 hours a day working out to look like models. If you care about each other I really don't think people judge each other that harshly and he obviously does love you. We've all said or done stupid things sometimes without meaning any harm, but the other person takes it wrong. Don't let those negative voices in your head get the upper hand....you are wonderful, beautiful, and giving and that makes you sexy as hell! Own it!

Chloe,

Thank you, you gave me food for thought, and I really appreciate it. Your words make me feel so much better.

((hugs))

• Members

Pinky ty, thanks everyone. I have been spending alot of time thinking today, and you are all so right. This is me, and he is him and we do love each other.

I need to bury the past with the ex and move on.

I don't know what I'd do without any of you.

• Members

Thanks Holly.

Really guys he is not the devil :lol:

This is just my issues coming back at me.

• Members

Aiden, you are truly one of the most inspirational people here....always thinking of ways to take your relationship to the next level and you make us all try to further ourselves as well. Enjoy all the great, positive things in your life with that hubby who adores you....every single bit of you! :P

• Members

Last night.. I know this is probably nothing to a lot of you that normally hear this from your guy... but I was told.. I have sexy eyes that make him nuts :)

It made my night. Something that simple.

• Members
Last night.. I know this is probably nothing to a lot of you that normally hear this from your guy... but I was told.. I have sexy eyes that make him nuts :)

Something that simple! See that's all we need!

• Members

aww! I don't think anyone hears stuff like that enough.

Which doesn't mean he thinks you looked bad, or doesn't love you. It just means something happened at that very moment in time that tickled his funny bone. He loves you and would probably never want to intentionally hurt you...Talk to the man, he's your best friend. Don't let this put a wedge between you. Life's too short.

Aiden,

I understand insecurities. I have even worried that the faces I make during orgasm are ugly or unattractive, which in some ways has to diminish the power of the orgasm. In certain situations I am full of confidence but when it comes to my body and sexuality I still have doubts. We recently got a Nintendo Wii and when my husband plays the boxing game I laugh uncontrollably...he just looks funny. I think it kind of hurts his feelings, but I can't seem to help it. I do not mean anything by it, but there is just something about it that makes me laugh. I honestly do not think your husband meant anything critical about your body when he laughed...and I agree that you probably need to discuss it with him in order to make you feel more comfortable with the situation and to keep you uninhibited in the bedroom. Good luck with your discussion and do not let this ruin your favorite position!!!

• Members

It's coming back I think. Last night it was long and slow, relaxing and loving and spiritual. And we fell asleep after for a bit with him still in me. So I think it's a matter of time and a work in progress.

Seeing love in his eyes while making love to me was a wondrous thing. We just watched each other through it all, kissed alot and for each of us the orgasms were intense.

I told him after that even though it's always been good before, last night was intense. He thinks it's because we went very slow, alot of foreplay, kissing and touching. I don't know if that was it, but it was almost magical. Just long, slow, sweet, sex. Some of the best kind out there.

• Members
It's coming back I think. Last night it was long and slow, relaxing and loving and spiritual. And we fell asleep after for a bit with him still in me. So I think it's a matter of time and a work in progress.

Seeing love in his eyes while making love to me was a wondrous thing. We just watched each other through it all, kissed alot and for each of us the orgasms were intense.

I told him after that even though it's always been good before, last night was intense. He thinks it's because we went very slow, alot of foreplay, kissing and touching. I don't know if that was it, but it was almost magical. Just long, slow, sweet, sex. Some of the best kind out there.

Good for you! see it was just a glitch:)

• Members

Sounds like things are on the mend. I agree...long, slow, sweet...can't get much better than that...you lucky girl!! We saw your pic, girl, you are gorgeous, and i'm sure your man think so too, inside and out.

• Members
If he laughed because he thought you were ugly toss him aside. But if he just laughed because some thing seem funny isn't that OK?

He laughed because it was funny and we talked it out and it's all good. :) Thanks for your thoughts tho!

• Members
Phew! I love what you write to respond to people who come to this forum for help. If you are half as nice in person as you are in writing then you would still be an absolute treasure. I couldn't bare it if you weren't being cherished. :huh:

Thanks Cockney, now I have the song "cherish" in my head. Thanks for the kind words.