Official Community Forums Home

Evil Weather

Mikayla1

• Members

So here I am in Chi-town, not known for MANY tornadoes, and today I spent a frickin half hour in my basement as a tornado literally went OVER MY HOUSE! My stupid ass weather watching husband sends US to the basement, but HE stays upstairs watching out the window and sees the funnel rise up and go over our house!

I am not sure about all this wicked weather, but I am about done with these tornadoes! There is destruction in towns all over my areas, the tornado was a mile long and was on the ground for 69 miles - which I am told is a long, long time! Here is my hubby watching the radar on the computer pointing out how cool it is that it is this and it is that.....are you FRICKIN' KIDDING ME! Tornadoes kill! Uggghhh, a whole summer of this, I do not know if I can take it!

• Members
So here I am in Chi-town, not known for MANY tornadoes, and today I spent a frickin half hour in my basement as a tornado literally went OVER MY HOUSE! My stupid ass weather watching husband sends US to the basement, but HE stays upstairs watching out the window and sees the funnel rise up and go over our house!

I am not sure about all this wicked weather, but I am about done with these tornadoes! There is destruction in towns all over my areas, the tornado was a mile long and was on the ground for 69 miles - which I am told is a long, long time! Here is my hubby watching the radar on the computer pointing out how cool it is that it is this and it is that.....are you FRICKIN' KIDDING ME! Tornadoes kill! Uggghhh, a whole summer of this, I do not know if I can take it!

I'm with you. I thought when i moved from IL to NC I was getting out of tornado area...no way. They are just as bad down here. They are so scary. i've been in several in my lifetime and i remember each and every one.

• Members

OMG Makayla I'm so glad you and your family are fine. I think your husband was crazy for staying upstair to watch the process. Do you mean the whole summer will be like that? That's horrible.

• Members

I am glad to hear that you are all ok.

Let's just hope that mother nature either gets laid or finds some relief for her PMS, and the weather calms down to normal.

Hearing that a tornado actually landed near you, makes me worry about my friends and loved ones over in that section of the US.

Just keep your basement clear, and hopefully this will be the only one you and yours will have to experiance.

((HUGS))

• Members
Now, Now, lets not be calling our husband names...behave! I am certianly glad you and your family are all OK!

I fully understand about nasty weather cause we are at the start of hurricane season here and it last through Nov. 30th. They spawn tornados everywhere so I certianly know how you feel about having to live on pins and needles all summer. Sorry you had such a scare but again I am thankful you made it through with no damage or injury.

Here we go with global cooling!

Oh hell it is hurricane season already isn't it? I better go tell the wife. I think the tonados recently is the midwest version of what we floridians got a few years ago with the hurricanes.

Glenn

• Members

wow!! you must have been terrified!! i know i would have been. we actually had a small tornado touch down about 30 min. from me. no injuries or deaths THANK GOD, but some damage.

im glad you and your family are all ok ;)

• Members

i think its in a mans blood to make sure his family is safe then he turns around an does the stupid shit. believe me im from kansas so bad weather comes second nature to me. i have seen my dad pull that many times, he waits until a peice of the house down the street almost kills him to decide to go in the house. so i have to say its deff a man thing.

• Members

I am so glad that you all are alright. I know that had to be scary. I have a man like that around....he actually wants to chase them. He is insane. Sorry me if something harmful I am moving the hell out of its way if it is possible. I wish you the best and hope that it won't be bad this summer.

• Members

Glad to hear you're okay!

While part of me wants to bap MM across the back of his head, another part of me is rather envious he was able to watch one. *laugh* VERY VERY BAD, THOUGH, MM! *nod self* But cool... Hehe...

Yah, not helping, I know.

Hopefully this one cooled his need & next time he'll go safely to the basement with his family.

• Members

Wow I was thinking about you this AM when I watched the weather channel. I have always been terrified of tornadoes. We don't get them too often in MA but there was a bad one in the 50's when my mom was little. She used to tell us the story etc. Glad all is well!

• Members

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! I know this wicked weather is all over the place now. Global warming and cooling....

Anyway, we are in for more today, as the storms are building again. That one was just a weeeee bit too close. I love storms (wind, rain, thunder, lightening) I DO NOT like tornadoes!

There is a video that I am gonna post on my blog later of the funnel when it was about 20 miles from our house (no one was stupid enough to video it from MY house - thank God!) I will post it later on wickedbed.com.

Thanks again to all my cyber buds! :kiss:

• Members

Gosh! I'm glad you are all OK. Hope it wasn't too scary for the kids. I love to watch storms, but then, I've never been near a tornado. Watching storms on the prairies is amazing.

Stay safe. We need you.

• Members

Mikayla I'm glad you weathered the storm in safety. MM is doing just what is expected in the situation. Our tornado siren went off a few nights ago and I could hear the cop car kind of leading the storm into town. I was standing on the porch and never saw a funnel but i think the man may have made the call in the interest of safety. Men are curious about this stuff. No actual twister was actually recorded by the news but the weather was there and a lot of twisters nearby. If she wants you there is no avoiding it. Just tell hubby to use some common sense if it does happen and stay off the PC. Get a scanner instead!

• Members

OK, so I am a dumb ass weather watching man....I can not help it. I grew up in Missouri and saw A LOT of tornadoes, it is a sight worth seeing (if you were not in danger) and my family was safe and I was seconds from the stairs. I just HAD to watch...it was awe inspiring.....totally awesome!

• Members
OK, so I am a dumb ass weather watching man....I can not help it. I grew up in Missouri and saw A LOT of tornadoes, it is a sight worth seeing (if you were not in danger) and my family was safe and I was seconds from the stairs. I just HAD to watch...it was awe inspiring.....totally awesome!

It reminds me of that song "I'm still a guy" they play on the country charts

Glenn