Official Community Forums Home

Nothing Ever Goes As Planned

• Members

So thursday is mine and hubbys 4th anniversary, Not once have we actually spent time together on our annniversary.

We did go out one year and that was a nightmare (see my post in mikayla's pass out one)

So this year hubby made sure to get the night off and I got a sitter for all 3 kids. I was thinkin a nice dinner mabye

watch a movie have some fun in the bedroom. Mostly though just time for us.

Hubbys granddad passed away yesterday and he tells me this morning the funeral is thursday at 10 am, since hubby

has to work weds night this ruins our plans can't have him trying to stay up 24 hours. I know I am being selfish but

damnit I wanted time just for us on our anniversary!!!!!!! this really truly sucks now the cute little black dress I bought

for our anniversary may need to be worn to a funeral.

NOTHING EVER WORKS OUT FOR ME!!!!!!!! Now to try to find someone to watch my kids during the day, since my original

sitter has to work during the day!!!!!

• Members

I feel for you! I HATE when you are so looking forward to something and the plans get ruined! Maybe you can just postpone. 4 years huh Happy anniversary anyway! :)

• Members

Sorry to hear about the series of unfortunate events! That's no way to spend your special day. But IMHO you shouldn't waste a special dress for another occasion. Buy a new one for the funeral and keep the other for it's intended use! Our thoughts are with you!

• Members

I'm sorry to hear that froggy. I agree save the little black dress for that special day. I've been married 8 times as long as you have and for lots of reasons we have usually celebrated our anniversaries on a day other than our actual wedding date. As long as the two of you celebrate it together it really doesn't matter if it lines up with the calendar.

Our thoughts will be with you and your husband during these times.

Man

• Members

Sorry your having a hard time. BUT... My husband is frequently not available for out anniversary too, (something I come to live with) so we celebrate on the closest available day. That way it doesn't go unnoticed or uncelebrated. Reschedule your dinner to celebrate your love.

• Members

Sorry to hear about Hubby's Granddad.

We will celebrate number 40 this fall and have done something special on the actual date about 7 or 8 times.

The best one was when MIL sat the kids while we went out to special dinner. When we got home she parked on the couch

and visited with wife till 11:30 PM. Absolutely CLUELESS!!!!!!

• Members

Well first off my condolences to you/hubby about his grand daddy. Hope all is okay.

Second, I agree with Pappy, although it may not come out as planned, you can always find another special time to wear that black dress of yours! I'm sorry to hear it didn't neccessarily work out as planned. I hope you get to spend some alone time soon :)

• Members

Sorry for your loss.

Congrats on your anniversary.

we rarely celebrate on our actual anniversary either (if at all). Have a great time when you do find the time!

I know you're bummed, and I hope that you're able to do something soon with him while he's not sleepy! Luv ya!

• Review Team

Aw, I'm sorry hon! I hope your hubby's ok, and you guys get some time together. :(

• Members

First I'm very sorry about the loss.

Okay that being said: WHo said you have to wear black at a funeral? If you have a nice, say navy blue pants suit, screw the rules and wear that. NO offense but grandpa is dead and isn;t going to be made at your color choice. So definitely save the little black dress, wearing your special dress for you hubby to see dear dead grandpa would probably upset grandpa more. He was young once too ya know.

As far as the dinner and suck goes, could you reschedule for maybe next thursday? I know hubby can't get time off of work again, but perhaps just a romantic dinner and a movie? or something like that?

• Members

Thank you all for your support!! I promise to find something else to wear to the

funeral. I don't have much that fits anymore, can't afford anything new. hmmm oh well I am sure I will

find something respectable. As far as replanning our night well who knows it was a

fluke to get a sitter and hubby actually getting the night off work. next week is his

vacation so I can hope, though my son has summer school and well timing is everything.

• Members

I'm sorry for the loss of life and your night.

You can wear anything nice to a funeral these days and if anyone asks, remind them of this. While they are a time to lay to rest a person's body, it is also a time to celebrate their life. In that light, do you really want to be drab and depressing when you are doing that? Respect the person by not remembering that they're passed on, but remembering the things in their life that made you respect them enough in the first place to mourn their passing.

At my funeral, everyone had better be wearing their every day clothes and drinking Pepsi.

Randy.

• Members

I, too, am sorry for hubby's loss. family members are precious. But i believe as well that life should be celebrated.

Having kids myself, I know what the babysitter situation is like..just keep trying for that night out..it may not even be this month, just as long as it does happen.

Lot's of things go as planned, just not the one's we really are looking forward to. I share your disappointment..it's a bitch sometimes!!!!