Official Community Forums Home

*#@%^* Neighbors That Don't Care

Tyger

So, we had new neighbors move in behind us. I believe they're renting to own. Oh, lookie, they have a child, this could be fun for Sami, until I see the bitch that really hates me over there helping them move in (a man, woman, and the little boy), and, well, hopes are dashed cuz that girl's not only foolish and immature, she is plain stupid too. I refuse to be over there and be uncomfortable. She's with DH's friend, and is the one I ranted about a few weeks ago (the one that got preggo to keep her man). Yes, that one.

Last Saturday was their first day here, and they started setting off fireworks, and since it's legal to do so in TX, not really a big deal, but still irritating. And they only did it for an hour, which happened to be when I put Sami to bed. Thankfully, it didn't bother her. OK, well, whatever.

They do this 2 more times during the week, starting around 9:30, and only lasting about an hour. Frustrating, but tolerable. I really got pissed when they shot one off and it went over our house, and I heard the debris fall on the shed. I introduced myself (DH knew them) on Thursday and everything was cool. Whatever. Still waiting for them to impress me as good neighbors.

Fast-forward to the 4th. Everyone, including us, sets off fireworks. They started about 8 pm, which, IMO, is a waste since it was still light out. Whatever. So we go out at 9 to set ours off, everyone in the neighborhood's doing so. When we're done, we go inside. Fireworks still going off, and I notice that they are SHOOTING FIREWORKS AT EACH OTHER!! Yes, this is why you shouldn't light fireworks AND get totally hammered! And the reason WHY people get hurt. Not really caring but ever-watchful, they are still doing this at midnight. All thru the night, there were a couple of shots that were right over our house. And I heard a BANG, like when something hits metal, and swear if they hit our shed or cars, there'd be hell to pay.

At 12:30, my dog's going nuts due to all the noise, they're shooting fireworks off, and I can't sleep. DH gets up, goes outside and says "Hey, it's almost one o'clock, don't you think enough's enough?" The responded with a birage of fireworks going off. I ask DH if he wants me to call the Sheriff, and he says yes, that he asked them to stop, and the fuckers wouldn't. So, I call, not sure when they would get here cuz they had a lot of calls (of course). DH asks them again to stop, and gets the same response (more fireworks going off). Not expecting anything to be done, the Sheriff arrives a short 15 min. later (impressed). They come over here and I told him that they must've ran out cuz it just stopped like 2 min. before he got here. Sheriff went over and spoke to them, and we saw DH's friend with his son and his stupid GF leave.

I walk around the house this morning taking my dog out, and, lucky for them, there's no damage on our property. Though, last night, DH swore he heard them say that they burnt a hole in a big air-blown pool (awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww). Guess what goes around comes around.

• Members

I think it's pretty damned funny that they tore up their own property acting like assholes. That Big Cosmic Payback thing. And I'll put money on it that this same neighbor will one day come to you or your hubby and need help of some sort. I am pretty impressed with the Sheriff's though. I live 1 block from the PD here and it has taken them over 15 minutes to find my house before. We watched them circle a few blocks before one of the idiots decided to ask someone where he should be. Not like it wasn't obvious with my gf waiting by the street to let him know what was happening. It's a pretty nasty story that I don't think should be completed here.

• Members

It's like that here too even thought it's illegal... I live on a lake so EVERYONE loves to shoot them off over the lake and they always start around 10pm. My girls are TERRIFIED of the noise. I have anxiety before every holiday weekend. Where the hell are the cops??? It's illegal in MA to have fireworks of any kind! FUCKERS! Good luck with your new neighbors. I hope they end up being civil. It sucks when you have issues with them, then you feel uncomfortable in your own neighborhood.

• Members

And you and hubby didn't break out the firehose to get your point across??

Damn girl your slippin.. LOL J/K hun.

But seriously, I know that must have been frustrating as hell.

And you showed an incredible ammount of restraint, cause I kow if it had been me, I would have gone and had a nice lil "chat" yeah, a chat, thats it..

with them.

You and hubby both deserve a pat on the back for not "chating" with them.

You have to admit though, them destroying heir own stuff is kinda funny.

• Members

I got a fortune cookie that seems very suitable for this "Trust your intutition. The universe is on your side."

AT least they damaged their own stuff and not yours. If you continue having problems with them, find out who they are renting from (public records should have that information) and complain to them, if you keep calling teh cops and keep complaining to their landlord, they could get kicked out. If they damaged the house or property at all they could be kicked out too, rent to own or not they don't own the place yet.

• Members
That sounds like some neighbors I used to have here only not only was it fireworks but LOUD music to boot. I could count on the loud and I mean LOUD music at least every other weekend. At the time i worked a job that required me to get up at 2:00 am ...yup, 2:00 am.. in order to be at work at 4:00.

Well, I, like your hubby talked to them, explained the situation and asked them to hold it down and basically they told me that since this is the country and has no noise ordinance to get fucked. They suggested that I build a house with better insulation and I wouldn't hear the music.

Soooooooo, one 4th of July AFTER they were finished with fireworks I started mine. While they were partying outside I went inside, got my shotgun, a box of shells and started to celebrate MY WAY. A couple of em came over and I simply explained that we won our independence with guns and I felt that was the way it should be celebrated....with gunfire. After all this is the country...right?

I no longer have a problem with loud music keeping me awake!!!

That's awesome.

I don't know about your state tyger, but in NY if there is no local ordinence after 9pm, it is common courtesey that is LEGALLY required. This means that in NY if your neighbor complains to you, and you don't lower the noise level, you will get slapped with fines. Sometimes I love NY.

We're waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out on the country, and there are no such ordinences, though it's common courtesy to not do so. I think it's a riot that they blew a hole in the big pool. I hope it's unfixable, and the warranty that they said they got on it, doesn't cover dumbass accidents!! LOL DH didn't go over there because he didn't want to get into a fight. Which is a big step for him since he's been itchin' to fight (hey, if you're a guy that's use to doing this, you KWIM). So, he was very restrained indeed. I didn't like to call the cops, since I'm not one to just to try not to handle things, but at 12:45 a.m, I am not at my polite best (to say the least). LMAO So, they're gone for the day (I believe at the lake). I can just hope that they're so hung over that they get seasick, toss their cookies, and have one helluva headache! Oh, and maybe a hook thru the finger too...is that wrong of me? :P:lol:;)

• Members

Just one word Tyger, KARMA!!! It'll get them every time!!

Peace,

Mark

• Members

I hope they settle down and get over themselves. I don't think they want to feel the rathe of Tyger; I know I wouldn't!

• Members
I can just hope that they're so hung over that they get seasick, toss their cookies, and have one helluva headache! Oh, and maybe a hook thru the finger too...is that wrong of me? :P:lol:;)

Umm...well...it doesn't really fall into your wiccan ways, but hey, it'll only come back on you times 3. ;)

Randy.

• Members
Umm...well...it doesn't really fall into your wiccan ways, but hey, it'll only come back on you times 3. ;)

Randy.

Well she's not making that stuff happen, she's just hoping... I don't think that counts. :)

Damn. Their pool is OK. Well, I guess that it's good for the kids at least.

Yeah, Thur, but, as clumsy as I am, I'm not too worried about it. It'll all even out. LOL Plus semi-hoping really isn't casting a spell, so I'm all good. I was more thinking on the lines of KARMA! LMAO :P

• Members
Damn. Their pool is OK. Well, I guess that it's good for the kids at least.

Yeah, Thur, but, as clumsy as I am, I'm not too worried about it. LOL Plus semi-hoping really isn't casting a spell, so I'm all good. :P

According to buddism and karma, just sending out bad thoughts deos in fact effect your Karma. BUt i don't think it matters. get down with your bad self.

• Members

Hey Tyger sorry about the PITA new neighbors. Seems we all get one sooner or later, but in my expierience, they never last to long because they are irrisponsable.

Hopefully they will miss a rent payment or two and get the boot.

You handled it very well. Good Luck, Shelly

I also am a true believer in what goes around comes around.

Poon, you are too cool!!

• Members
That sounds like some neighbors I used to have here only not only was it fireworks but LOUD music to boot. I could count on the loud and I mean LOUD music at least every other weekend. At the time i worked a job that required me to get up at 2:00 am ...yup, 2:00 am.. in order to be at work at 4:00.

Well, I, like your hubby talked to them, explained the situation and asked them to hold it down and basically they told me that since this is the country and has no noise ordinance to get fucked. They suggested that I build a house with better insulation and I wouldn't hear the music.

Soooooooo, one 4th of July AFTER they were finished with fireworks I started mine. While they were partying outside I went inside, got my shotgun, a box of shells and started to celebrate MY WAY. A couple of em came over and I simply explained that we won our independence with guns and I felt that was the way it should be celebrated....with gunfire. After all this is the country...right?

I no longer have a problem with loud music keeping me awake!!!

Simple, understated, yet oh so effective! Beats the hell out of arguing with them!

• Members

Damn sorry to hear. You had great self control there. Hell you should have called me to(your crazy ass Arizona friend) I would have come out there and kick their arse then ran home and hid in my house. LMAO But you know as well as I do what comes around in this world goes around. God I hate dumbass, inconsiderate people.

• Members

We also live in the country but we do have a noise ordinance and after midnight it has to stop. Neighbor always has a big party with a live band it’s a blast , we’re good neighbors so we get invited.

We have been over there and seen guys jumping our fence to make sure nothing caught fire. So I feel for you I am SO BLESSED (must be my hubbies Karma NOT mine) <_<