Official Community Forums Home

Another Newbie

ginshreve

• Members

Hello All,

I've been lurking for awhile and I've learned a lot! I found this space when I was searching for advice on how to give a really good blow job; I found that and so much more. I echo the other posters who commented that it is so refreshing to find a site that doesn't make sex "dirty", but rather glories in the beauty and joy of it. Plus I've had a very enjoyable journey through the articles, shop, and stories! Thanks to all of you who generously give advice and suggestions - that's what seems to make this board sizzle.

I'm divorced; getting back into the sex and relationship scene after a verrry loooong dry spell, and I feel I fit that category for wild older women rediscovering their sexuality (or whatever ya'll call that category!). My only current relationship is a FWB situation - very nice, it takes the edge off; but it's not enough for me now. I want it ALL - including romance - and I think (hope) it's just a matter of time!

I'm not likely to be a frequent poster, but I wanted to say Hi All and thanks so much. I'm sure I'll have some questions as I go along and learn/experiment more!

• Members

WELCOME! Glad to have you here!

• Review Team

Welcome, from another newbie! I know what you mean about a dry spell - some situations in my life turned into one as well. I'm very glad to be past that now! I think the wild-side was brought out by the dry spell and I am glad it was. I also have a FWB and because there are no expectations, we are both able to be totally honest and open, which has made it way hot! :)

• Review Team
I totally hear wanting more than FWB, or at the very least a few more benefits from it. Welcome to the boards!

Yeah, my FWB situation is starting to turn into a little more emotionally, which we are stumbling through, but the sex is still hot.

• Members
Yeah, my FWB situation is starting to turn into a little more emotionally, which we are stumbling through, but the sex is still hot.

I know this is gonna sound dumb since I not up to speed on todays pc lingo but what is a FWB???? I want to make sure I up to date on things.

Glenn

• Review Team
I know this is gonna sound dumb since I not up to speed on todays pc lingo but what is a FWB???? I want to make sure I up to date on things.

Glenn

Friend with benefits - and don't feel dumb. It took me awhile of reading on here to figure out some of the lingo, and some I still don't know.

• Members

Glenn

Friend with Benefits.....there are so many ones out there it is hard to keep up on all of them

• Members

Glenn

FWB: friend with bedroom privileges! (friend with benefits)

Welcome, moontide, to TT. I hope to see your posts on here..we all benefit from questions, answers, and experiences. Good luck to you finding that someone special.

• Members
FWB: friend with bedroom privileges! (friend with benefits)

Welcome, moontide, to TT. I hope to see your posts on here..we all benefit from questions, answers, and experiences. Good luck to you finding that someone special.

Alright thanks ya'll, looks like you all answered at the same time. Now I doubt I will have any of those soon unless my marrage goes south but now i feel alittle more educated.

LOL

Glenn

• Members
Welcome, from another newbie! I know what you mean about a dry spell - some situations in my life turned into one as well. I'm very glad to be past that now! I think the wild-side was brought out by the dry spell and I am glad it was. I also have a FWB and because there are no expectations, we are both able to be totally honest and open, which has made it way hot! :)

Yes, I agree about the dry spell. And with my FWB, since we worked together for 3 years and were friends for about 4 years before we decided to have sex, the best aspects of our friendship have followed us into the bedroom - he's as wonderful a lover as he was a colleague: responsive to me, responsible, desiring to please and make sure that I am satisfied - we have great communication, fabulous comfortableness with each other - and a load of humor and honesty that was all absent from my last sexual relationship, which was in my long-dead marriage. (Ha! Perhaps that's why it died!) Regardless, I learned a lot from the death of the marriage as well as from my dry spell - and now I am learning from my FWB as well as from this board about what I want and don't want. He has told me I gave the best blow job he has ever had (and he's 53, so I think that's saying something!). I give total credit to the instructors on this board (can't remember all the names, but thanks! you made me look really good!) and he is a really good recipient as well (no head pushing or holding in place, and lots of verbal feedback - which really makes a difference for me - I never knew it could be so much fun to give before this experience with my FWB!)

The hard part for me is my emotions - isn't it always? I knew the rules of the beast before I let it in, and I'm determined to keep it just as we set it up and agreed to beforehand - FRIENDS only, not going any further - and in truth, I don't think I want it to go further with him - but definately with someone. It's funny; I had FWBs back in the '70s when I was young and before FWBs were in style, and that relationship worked well for me then, so I thought it would work the same way, now - and it does, sort of. Time changes all of us, I guess, and 30 years is a lot of water under the bridge. I just have to keep reminding myself that it is what it is, and that's ALL it is. Gosh, is there a thread for FWB relationships? I think I need to check it out . . . apparently there is some work I need to do there!

• Review Team

Yeah, I too have had other FWB relationships but this one is the best. We are so totally compatible - I get his sense of humor and he understands why I am committment-phobic, etc. Our situation is that it has been going on about two years now and we both recently realized there may be more to it than we thought. This will complicate things soooo much (we have a working relationship, he is involved with another woman, etc.) I think you're right, we need a FWB thread! I think they can create unique problems!

• Members

welcome to tt and welcome back to the dating scene hope you get to have alot of fun with both.

• Members

Welcome Moontide, It's good to see more baby boomers joining the forum. We thought we knew all their was to know

about sex and relationships when we were really just babes in the woods.

The view of the world is so much better from the top of the mountain.

• Members
We thought we knew all their was to know

about sex and relationships when we were really just babes in the woods.

The view of the world is so much better from the top of the mountain.

So true, so true, bbboomer -

And thanks to all for the warm welcomes! I continue to look forward to reading here almost every night!