Official Community Forums Home

Input Needed

angelkisses98

• Members

ok..so..some of you know i am going to start making soy candles, and selling them...so, what i would like to know is...what are your fav. fragrances??

currently i am working on an aromatherapy line which will be a soy lotion massage candle....and a fall/winter line...no explanation needed.

gathering a list will help me narrow down what im going to start wtih, and what i will add later. thanks for your input...its appreciated

• Members

Ohh, I love candles. Here are my favorite fall scents:

Apples (macintosh and such)

Mulling Spices

Autumn scents (burning leaves, sandalwood, pine)

Pumpkin spice

Apple Cider

THen my favorite winter scents:

Pepermint

Hot Cocoa

Apple pie

All year round:

Vanilla cupcake

Mango Salsa

Vanilla Lime

Did that help?

• Members

Vanilla

Lavender

Green Tea

Green Tea/cucumber mix

Apple

Pumpkin

Pine

And a foresty/smoke/fire scent for the fall in particular.... I'm just waiting for someone to be able to market a fresh cut grass or fresh cut wood scent.... those are my 2 favorites from the summer and I would LOVE to have that in the winter!

• Members

thanks for the ideas...keep em coming.

mikayla....yer my kinda gal with the autumn scents...want some 2oz samples??

bean..im making an unscented one for toy queen...

iha..how does orange patchouli sound...and yes, i have a peach patch. oil roll on ...hubby LOVES it..i so should have been at woodstock.

shariana...they do make a cut grass

• Members

I love flowery musky scents. Anything that smells like outdoor sex. (there's an image) I'm actually not a vanilla fan, I find most vanilla scents are too over powering and they weigh me down, careful with any food smell, they can be too strong. For my Spring Scent, I use enchanted Orchid from B&B works, summer is freshwater cucumber, and fall winter is moonlit path. I'm very preticular about scents though. In the end as long as i get some flowers and hot man musk (lol) i'm a happy banana. OHHH Banana, now that's a fun scent!

• Members

A lavender vanilla combo could be really relaxing. Bergamot is said to be an aphrodesiac. Orange Clove is yummy too. My FAVORITE candle is Cinnamon Bun OMG smells like you are at the mall standing in front of Cinnabon! I think spices are the way to go! :)

• Members

I like pretty much all the scents everyone has mentioned already but I didn't see coconut yet.

I've smelled the fress cut grass for summer - do they have the smell of burning wood for fall/winter? I'm sure that sounds odd but I love to smell the neighbors’ wood burner when the fall air finally gets too crisp. Although that may not be a good scent for indoors... <_<

• Members

LOVE samples....if you are serious, PM me and I will give you my info!

• Members
I like pretty much all the scents everyone has mentioned already but I didn't see coconut yet.

I've smelled the fress cut grass for summer - do they have the smell of burning wood for fall/winter? I'm sure that sounds odd but I love to smell the neighbors’ wood burner when the fall air finally gets too crisp. Although that may not be a good scent for indoors... <_<

MMMMM yes a nice strong Coconut! Yankee has one but it is way weak.

• Members

Along with what has been mentioned here I think a baby powder may help some ladies get in the mood also! Jasmine is also a good one for relaxation!

• Members

Fresh cut grass/hay

Green Clover

Anything autumn scented, dry leaves, woodsey, cinnimon smell

Sme of the clean cotton scents are nice, too.

Can't beat Putchulli

I get scents from Majectic Mountian in Ogden, Utah.

They have a nice website, you may want to give them a look.

Soy candles are so nice, it is really the only way to go.

They burn clean, and there is no smoke or oily residue on the walls later.

Sunds like you really have a passion for this, that is great! :)

• Review Team

I like about anything except the really overly fruity ones - the ones that smell too sweet, if that makes sense.

My favorites are probably fresh linen/cotton, the ocean ones and autumn spice for the fall.

• Members

Dragon's Blood, baby...

And I boil something in the fall/winter that the kids call "Christmas." Its basically a saucepan with orange and citrus peels, apple cores, a few cranberries, a stick of cinnamon, and some cloves. Occassionally I'll toss in a sprig of pine garland off the tree. It is really just a way of using up all those left over harvest fruit skins, etc, but my kids love it. Not sure how you could package all of that, maybe you could find a "christmas cooking" fragrance?

• Members

I love citrus smells for my kitchen: lemon, lime, grapefruit, orange. clean and fresh

For my Bedroom and bath: I like lavender the best,

keep us posted so we can purchase candles from you.

• Members

ok..i ordered the first part of the stuff..the candle making stuff waxes, wicks ect...i have to fragrances coming as well...pumpkin spice and applejack..which is basically a mulled cidar.

after that i have to get my essential line up and going im partnering up with a friend on that one...so thats the first and most important to be done.

then i will get started on the fall/winter scents...i narrowed it down a bit..i would like 4-5 scents as well as 2-3 christmas scents. this is what i narrowed it down to so far: what do you think??

clove and orange

warm apple pie

hot cocoa and peppermint stix

cinn. buns

warm apple butter

ginger snap cookies

toasted hazlenut

pecan carmle pie

mountain lodge-cedar and evergreen blend

country brew(holiday)-mulled cidar w/oak, cinn bark, cloves and wildberries

christmas memories-nutmeg, cinn, berries, nuts, apples and oranges.

pear spice

blueberry muffin

carm. apple

mulled spice

banana nut bread

vanilla bourban

• Members

Ok I just read all that and I am drooling. Now I want to go find some random bake sale... :) Sounds AWESOME!