Official Community Forums Home

Tell Something Positive You've Learned From An Ex

Tyger

• Members

I learned exatly why he is an ex. End of story.....hehee

• Members

Never take anything/anybody for granted.

Trust in your first instinct.

Having the bad things happen are especially good to learn from, your most likely not going to repeat them.

If you don't have the trust your better off without him/her.

Not to let a boyfriend tell you what he did wasn't rape even though everyone else (including yourself) say's it was.

• Members

That even if your trust was betrayed and your heart was broken,

there is still happiness to be found elsewhere if you are open to it.

• Members
Never breed with someone who won't be a good parent.

That honestly made me laugh out loud... Very good point though! =D

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

As much as I'd like to agree with your statement there are some who actually grow into this position. I've seen several of both sexes who I would never believe would make a decet parent much less go above that expectation.

• Members
As much as I'd like to agree with your statement there are some who actually grow into this position. I've seen several of both sexes who I would never believe would make a decet parent much less go above that expectation.

Umm i think the abusive guys and gals are definite no-breeders, i mean if they'll abuse an SO, what's to stop them from doing the same to a kid?

• Review Team

Had to think a lot about this one.

My most recent ex taught me a lot, even if it was a short relationship.

He taught me, or I guess maybe reminded me, that I deserve happiness and better than him (I don't mean that hatefully). It was a lesson well learned, too, as I am happier now than I have been in ... maybe forever.

Remember, things happen for a reason, even exes.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I had to think a lot about this one. It's been a year for me and I had to think back. I guess I learned from my ex boyfriend is that you have to learn to trust someone. If there's no trust, it can't work out. You can't stop what's going to happen, if someone falls out of love with you... then he wasn't the person for you. I'm more independent and learned a lot about myself. My trust has gained a lot over this past year. Now I'm a much happier person cause I worked through my problems. So I'm grateful that I learned that from him.

• Members
As soon as a guy starts telling you how to dress or prohibiting you from eating certain things, RUN!

Amen to that! When I was 18/19 (not really sure anymore) I dated a guy that had a thing about he way his woman looked when he was around his friends. Needless to say this relationship didn't last very long. We were walking into a club one night and he was walking in front of me. Before we got to the door he turned around grabbed me by the shoulders and looked me over. He said "You NEED to put some lipstick on." I laughed and said "OK" and put some on as he kept walking. He actually turned and checked to see if I did it before we walked into the club. He was always criticizing my clothing or telling me what to wear. I think we actually dated less than a month. NO ONE orders me around. (Well, maybe in the bedroom! ;) )