Official Community Forums Home

Tell Something Positive You've Learned From An Ex

Tyger

Please share with us something POSITIVE that you've learned from an ex. Could be the last one, or 3 exes ago. Whether it's about yourself, or about human nature.

• Members

As soon as a guy starts telling you how to dress or prohibiting you from eating certain things, RUN!

If a guy pressures you, he's not worth your time. Don't let the "if you love me...." card get to you!

• Members

1) If a guy cheats WITH you, he will cheat ON you.

2) Being submissive in bed is where my true heart lies.

3) Strong women are sexy!

4) Never withhold what you want from sex - let it alllll hang out!

*If your gut tells you something's amiss, trust it.

*There ARE trustworthy men out there, though they're sometimes hard to find.

*You don't need to have a partner to feel "complete".

*Stand up for yourself. Men can take it.

*Many abusive men are bullies. If you stand up and give them a taste of their own medicine, they will sometimes cower back.

*It's not all about who's right, or who's wrong, it's about what's RIGHT.

*Dealing with an ex wife/mother of the child they share, is HARD, but necessary.

*You need to stand by your spouse, even if your parent(s) hate it.

• Members

Good or bad, never leave things unsaid if they are important to you!

A partner is rarely if ever worth fighting over. Unless you are defending her that is. He/she is not property that goes to the winner.

You don't have to know a person all that well to see what they are about. If you don't like what you see RUN LIKE HELL! The drama is worthless!

Regardless of the partner there will always be disagreements. It's how they are dealt with that matters most. A lot of things we argue about are so petty yet we act like it's all that matters when we could easily calm down and discuss it in a mature way and get past it.

The first sign of dishonesty is NEVER the last. Whether it's a lie, cheating, or whatever.

If the love and/or trust is gone so is the rest of it!

You can never choose another's friends or relatives. Either accept them or be done!

If a discussion is getting overly heaed, for whatever reason, it's best to either change the subject or walk away and let cooler heads prevail.

If even the thought of striking your partner comes to mind things have gone too far! If it happens they are really out of hand!

Ladies if a man puts his hands on you GET OUT NOW! If you remain you are a fool! It will not get better!

• Members

That a man can try and take everything from me, but as long as my heart still beats I can recover.

Littles lies are often hiding bigger ones.

NEVER loan money or a car to an SO, it gets very complicated.

Never date a co-worker at a new job.

Even if it hurts to breathe, your still breathing.

• Members

Good one!

I learned that you cant change a person. No amount of pleading and crying and begging can do it. It has to come from their own heart.

I learned that I settled for WAY less than I deserved. I am worth every bit of everything I want!

I learned that past mistakes are just that and time can bring about understanding and forgiveness...

• Members

I learned that going through short term pain is sometimes necessary for longterm happiness.

I also learned that you can't change people. If you absolutely can't live with them the way they are, walk away.

Pay more attention to what people do than what they say.

• Members

- Being accomodating and giving is fine as long as you make sure you get what you want too. If you don't demand what you want and deserve you'll probably never get it and lookout for the backlash that will inevitably follow once the resentment builds on that!

- Always be yourself. Don't hold back and be shy or try to conform to what you think others want you to be.

- Don't judge yourself so harshly. You don't have to be physically perfect....you are fine the way you are and if anyone doesn't like it they can hit the road....you're not missing anything!

- Sex IS important!

• Members

Um, this may seem weird, but I don't have an ex... Then there is probably no reason to reply eh?? lol! It's just that the thought came to me while reading this, that it's all my MOM's ex's that taught me something positive. hahaha!!! Hay, there was no "your" own ex's. Now I'm just being a smart ass. :P:D

• Members

- You can't help someone who isn't motivated to help themselves. This is a big one for me since, for some reason, I tend to be attracted to the poor defenseless puppy types with mediocre self-esteem, which often comes with more serious underlying issues.

- If you're incompatible, you're just incompatible. If you go into it wanting different things from the relationship, it's hard to find common ground. Realize that early before it goes sour and you can still get out of it with a great friendship, though.

- I know what I want now.

• Members

So much wisdom here.

I'm glad y'all like this topic. I think it's important to realize that, even though our exes are no longer in our lives, each relationship teaches us something good, that we can use in life later on.

• Members
I'm glad y'all like this topic. I think it's important to realize that, even though our exes are no longer in our lives, each relationship teaches us something good, that we can use in life later on.

Thanks for creating this to remind us, and thansk for all your awesome topics lately!

• Members
Never date someone twice.

I can't say this is true. There are relationships in our past that may have been worthy if we were more mature!

Don't move to fast.

If they meow when you stroke their that is a sign they need help and you need out.

LEAVE THE NEIGHBORS CAT ALONE!

If they are squeaking by on cash don't enter into that relationship or bail out and fast.

• Members

1) Just b/c a guy says he doesn't care about a woman's past doesn't mean he's telling the truth. ;) He can use your past against you in the future or he may say "I don't care" just to get on your good side.

2) Don't try to fall in love with someone that doesn't love themselves. Wish that person all the best in life, but it will be a tough relationship.

3) Don't FORCE yourself to fall in love or become attracted to someone, even if everyone is telling you that someone is perfect for you. The more you force it, the harder it becomes. Attraction/love is something that comes naturally, whether we like it or not.

4) Always trust your instincts, even if people tell you that you're being paranoid or silly. Your instincts can prevent you from making a big mistake in dating.

• Members

1) I can recover from anything that doesn't actually kill me.

2) I will meet someone even better for me the next time. Unless she was right & I really am a repulsive toad.

3) Even under extreme duress I can stiffle a strong desire to use a firearm.

4) OK something really positive. I would like to thank past flames for teaching me how to use my tongue. Especially that first college GF who was so sexually repressed that I had to use every oral technique known to man or woman to get her off.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Clits, and what to do with them.

Leave space at the tip of the condom to collect the semen, or else it will run down your pecker, leak out the base, and get where you don't want it to get.

Learn to be happy without needing a wife, girlfriend, etc., first.

Don't put a girl (or anyone else) on a pedestal; they will surely disappoint.

Be a better listener.

• Members
That a man can try and take everything from me, but as long as my heart still beats I can recover.

Littles lies are often hiding bigger ones.

NEVER loan money or a car to an SO, it gets very complicated.

Never date a co-worker at a new job.

Even if it hurts to breathe, your still breathing.

Thats amazing.

And you took the words right out of my mouth.