Official Community Forums Home

If He/she Is Too Tired? (to Have Sex)

• Members

Here and there my boyfriend is just too tired for sex. He's cute and loving and sweet, but I know by his cutes that I'd have to FORCE him (which I don't want to do) into sex and even then, he is truly too tired. I remember when we first moved in together I'd interpret his demeanor as rejection (probably because I'm hyper sensitive to it!), but now I see it for what it is, plain old tired....anyhoo, what do you do when left in that spot?

For us, very often he'll do what we call a "boob orgasm" where he'll quickly get me to O via my boobs and a select bit of other friction. Doesn't take long and I'm happy and he must be too because really how hard can THAT be, plus he gets to sleep and knows I'm satisfied.

So what do you do instead of sex on the "too tired" days?

• Members

I can't remember him ever refusing me, I can't say the same though.

He has been "too tired" on occasion; and has used his tongue, hands, or toys to accommodate me.

He can usually get me in the mood....

• Members
I can't remember him ever refusing me, I can't say the same though.

He has been "too tired" on occasion; and has used his tongue, hands, or toys to accommodate me.

He can usually get me in the mood....

wahhh! Oh no, you never get refused? Well i do, VERY subtly (no words, I just "know" from his behavior and sleepiness)...anyways, it's not that often, but it does happen. And really it's no big deal, I mean in this case we've had sex nearly every night for days and days...so one night is no biggie...only we won't be able to do it for the next few days and he might go away on friday so that leaves me WITH SUNDAY! Which is ages away!

And of course, this is why he offered the aforementioned boob orgasm. :)

• Members
wahhh! Oh no, you never get refused? Well i do, VERY subtly (no words, I just "know" from his behavior and sleepiness)...anyways, it's not that often, but it does happen. And really it's no big deal, I mean in this case we've had sex nearly every night for days and days...so one night is no biggie...only we won't be able to do it for the next few days and he might go away on friday so that leaves me WITH SUNDAY! Which is ages away!

And of course, this is why he offered the aforementioned boob orgasm. :)

Nope never, but you also have to know my husband isn't home every night.

• Members
What about letting him take a short nap, and then he won't be so tired?

Trying to wake my husband after he's gone to sleep is trying to wake the dead, so that wouldn't work.

• Members

I get blown off often... Mostly the nights I have to work until 10pm and he is way to drunk when I get home (like tonight... :angry: ) thats when I get told he is to tired or he will just lay there and act like he is asleep until I stop trying to wake him up with playing with him. But when I have been up all the night before with the kids and tell him I just want to sleep I get called a wimp.

I know how you fell mine is just beer related...

Guest eminatic

i dont remember him ever being too tired. there were ALOT of times where i was EXHAUSTED and was literally falling asleep, but he would NEVER take no for an answer and do it to me anyway....then he would get mad that i "wasnt participating"...because i was falling asleep! :angry:

i only remember one occasion where he insisted we had to have sex, and then in the middle of it, pushed me off, walked over to the corner and went to sleep without saying a word to me :(

• Members
i dont remember him ever being too tired. there were ALOT of times where i was EXHAUSTED and was literally falling asleep, but he would NEVER take no for an answer and do it to me anyway....then he would get mad that i "wasnt participating"...because i was falling asleep! :angry:

i only remember one occasion where he insisted we had to have sex, and then in the middle of it, pushed me off, walked over to the corner and went to sleep without saying a word to me :(

Em i'm sorry this happened and we're all here and willing to help you figure this out and wrap you mind around it so you can move on, but you have to be ready and willing to do so.

• Members

well if the wife is too tired to have sex either I do it my self or she will give me some head and most of the time she will give me head. As for me I am always in the mood anytime and anyday

• Members

Yeah... It's usually me who's too tired if at all! On the occasion that may arise he will accommodate me by using toys etc...

• Members
Yeah... It's usually me who's too tired if at all! On the occasion that may arise he will accommodate me by using toys etc...

see I have a new attitude with my new relationship (well 2 yrs new). I was sometimes tired with my ex....and then he was tired, and then it all went to shit. I know there were other things involved but still....with my new relationship I'm putting 110% in. I'm rarely too tired for him. I can't really articulate myself right now, but that is the jist. :)

• Members
I get blown off often... Mostly the nights I have to work until 10pm and he is way to drunk when I get home (like tonight... :angry: ) thats when I get told he is to tired or he will just lay there and act like he is asleep until I stop trying to wake him up with playing with him. But when I have been up all the night before with the kids and tell him I just want to sleep I get called a wimp.

WTF. He'd rather drink beer than be ready to rumba when you get home at night? He pretends to sleep while you massage his package? Kinda sad. Mr. Cowboy want to stay married? Can I be his stunt double?

• Members

The only time my guy and I are ever too tired is when we've fallen asleep watching TV or something like that. We get up, move to the bed, and if we don't immediately fall asleep when our heads hit the pillows, sometimes there's a little half-hearted touching before we drift off :lol:. When this happens we usually make up for it in the morning. If we are *almost* too tired, we'll do it in a position in which we can both lie down, like spooning or cross; that way it doesn't require much energy and we can still get the job done.

• Members
Trying to wake my husband after he's gone to sleep is trying to wake the dead, so that wouldn't work.

Try wake him up by playing with his penis. I mean it would be hard for my husband to fall asleep with a hard on. :lol:

• Members

DADT,

Talking only works when someone will listen and look at it from your point of view not just there own. My mr is a stubborn ass. He was raised with a dad that always got his way and he thinks he should be the same.

• Members
DADT,

Talking only works when someone will listen and look at it from your point of view not just there own. My mr is a stubborn ass. He was raised with a dad that always got his way and he thinks he should be the same.

Agree on the "talking." Some men aren't good at talking, and don't want to become good at it. Stubborn and Ass are hard to cure.

Wish we all could help more. You are probably a wonderful lady. Guess you have more on your mind than not getting yours after hours.

You have real world friends you can talk to who understand?

• Members

Wow deja vu! This was exactly my life! And the way they look at it is that as long as they're home every night and working everyday that we don't have a reason to complain. The fact that they care more about what they want (drinking their beer, getting off when they want to....and very quick with no effort put in at that, then going to sleep) than care about your feelings or what you need and want just goes to show what selfish SOB's they really are. It usually takes something major to wake them up to where they are willing to change...all the "talking" in the world is not gonna do it! You're still young honey....don't let too much more time go by putting up with it, because it's just not worth it. All those years of drinking will eventually affect him physically and that on top of the other dysfunctions is just more "nada" for you! It took a near death health experience to finally change mine....he's really a very decent husband and father, but when I think of how many years I put up with that shit I still get mad at myself. If I had to do it over again I would have made an ultimatum early on and then gotten out if he didn't take it seriously because there were alot of good years wasted and no matter how much better things get it does change the nature of your feelings....kind of like "too little, too late". When it comes to lifelong relationships you've got to put yourself and your needs first and then work on compromises from there. Good luck!

• Members
Try wake him up by playing with his penis. I mean it would be hard for my husband to fall asleep with a hard on. :lol:

Been there done that, he is able to get hard, performs and wakes, but isn't really conscious. Not my ideal way to do things.

• Members

Chloegirl,

You know how they say girls marry there fathers. It took me 3 years to say I would marry him after he asked me. I never thought I would have married a drunk. Yes, once in a while we partied but it was only once or twice a year. But once are second baby was born in 2006 thats when he started to drink all the time and smoke. I never thought it would come to me saying, Friday just might be might braking point. Its are sons 7th birthday and I told my son he can pick anywhere to go to dinner and then were going to play mini golf. If hubbys drunk, he wont be going with us and it will be me and the kids. If he puts the kids second to the beer, we have a major problem.

DADT,

I dont try to say much to are friends because It always gets back to the guys. It was a bad night at work (I work retail and to set up for black friday isnt fun) then to come home and have him passed out, then to ask me where I have been when he woke up didnt help ( I had been home for 45 mins). So I sat on the computer for a few hours let it bug me to no end. Then vented.

Thanks for listening to me... :)

My hubby's tried pulling the "I'm too tired" thing on me, and, well, once, I was feeling so horny, I said "Fine", and I grabbed a toy and started VERY loudly, pleasing myself, while laying beside him in bed. Needless to say, the toy got flung to the side & I was ravaged!